It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked Trailer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Alright.........your making me say it.......

BOLLOCKS.

There, I feel better now.

Ancient Aliens Debunked............Meh!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

suit yourself. I can't have a legit conversation with someone who thinks he's speaking in truths when he doesn't believe in truths. If you can't see how fallascious that line of logic is, I can't help you.

The guy whose making this movie made David Icke Debunked, Michael Tsarion Debunked, and has done a lot of work on youtube over the years. He also put out the Zeigeist Challenge where he offered a thousand dollars to anyone who can provide documented proof of the Zeigeist claims...I believe the site is still up and the offer still stands.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

be careful what you claim. The movie is to debunk the claims that Ancient Aliens makes on various things. I took part in researching the Huang Di Dragons as flying craft claim. It's really poor scholarship and they don't cite their sources so it was hard to track down...although I think I did a decent job of showing how it's utter speculation to say the dragons of ancient Chinese mythology are actual space crafts.

Others like Baalbeck being a UFO landing site? No. Not really. Especially because they base their claims off of Stitchin who sadly, also had very poor scholastic documentation for his work. It was more speculation and assertion than real logic.

Now keep in mind that it's not saying aliens don't exist. It is saying that the claims made by the AA are just silly.

Me personally, I don't think the phenomenon we see here on earth with UFOs and aliens is of extra terrestrial origin...I document my thoughts on that in AGE OF DECEIT: Fallen Angels and the New World Order

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
What possible arguments can they have against the myriad of information, facts, first hand accounts etc etc that was on AA the first time around. Is this "Special secret" proof?........It really pisses me off when someone comes along and tries to debunk a series of shows (there were a lot) and debunk with a few quick quips. It won't even be worth watching........tosh.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

suit yourself. I can't have a legit conversation with someone who thinks he's speaking in truths when he doesn't believe in truths. If you can't see how fallascious that line of logic is, I can't help you.

The guy whose making this movie made David Icke Debunked, Michael Tsarion Debunked, and has done a lot of work on youtube over the years. He also put out the Zeigeist Challenge where he offered a thousand dollars to anyone who can provide documented proof of the Zeigeist claims...I believe the site is still up and the offer still stands.

So let me get this straight. I say "i don't know truths", then, you say "you speak in truths".

Friend, you are completely delusional.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

no you said, "I Don't BELIEVE in truths"

that's a self refuting affirmative statement...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

I thought the topic was this whole Ancient Aliens Debunked thing....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I'll give you an example. In AA, they claim that near the Nazca lines in Peru there is a sheered off mountain. AA claims it's where the spaceships were landing. The big thing is, "how could anyone sheer off the top of a mountain? IT'S GOT TO BE ALIEN TECHNOLOGY"

well guess what....

(drum roll)

It's a mesa

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

no you said, "I Don't BELIEVE in truths"

that's a self refuting affirmative statement...

Exactly my point...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Personally, I believe it will be very difficult to find absolute truths in either side here - the religious or the alien.
We still find out things about our recent past that confuses and befuddles us. Our attention spans are too short to have a good macro view of history in my opinion.

The AE folks cover interesting perspectives but in the end, come off as salesmen trying to sell your souls much like religious fervents will try to claim yours in the name of (insert favorite religion here).

Anyhow, all these famous religious figures, maybe they're the aliens and we will have a blend - much like creationism/evolution combo.

About the trailer, I have to agree with some others, that it didn't exactly give me much to think about, more like something to forget about....

Get some zingers in there!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Ok, granted, all shows have a bit of dramatic filler, but there was also a lot of believable fact and unknown bits and bobs. Surely they can't debunk it all...........surely?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by explorer14
Personally, I believe it will be very difficult to find absolute truths in either side here - the religious or the alien.
We still find out things about our recent past that confuses and befuddles us. Our attention spans are too short to have a good macro view of history in my opinion.

The AE folks cover interesting perspectives but in the end, come off as salesmen trying to sell your souls much like religious fervents will try to claim yours in the name of (insert favorite religion here).

Anyhow, all these famous religious figures, maybe they're the aliens and we will have a blend - much like creationism/evolution combo.

About the trailer, I have to agree with some others, that it didn't exactly give me much to think about, more like something to forget about....

Get some zingers in there!

I am of a similar opinion. I think a 'theory' of both evolution and 'creationism' is plausible, as well as the religion/alien ideology. But then again, there are billions and billions and billions of generated lies in our society, who knows how big of a lie the first one was..

Makes me love and loath that film "the invention of lying"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

You're right...if the expectation is that AA is wrong and the real truth is (this) than no. Again, I was only part of a team of researchers to debunk individual claims so I'm not sure how much of the Christian worldview Chris is going to inject into the film. But it's little things like Baalbeck which is another one I am working on currently.

AA claims of not knowing how the stones got there? Granted. From my biblical worldview, it was the Giants (Nepilim) who are responsible for a lot of the ancient megalithic structures which are unexplained. There isn't direct evidence, but there are plenty of cases throughout history of not only legends of giants, but also finding the skeleton of giants...in fact a lot of them right here in the US. Check out the work of Steve Quayle. He's done extensive research to document almost all of the claims of giants being found in the last 4 centuries.

In any case, the AA claim with Baalbeck is that it was a landing site for UFOs. The claim is based on a Stitchin claim which was based on ancient sumerian tablets (the epic of Gilgamesh) talking about a landing place where he saw crafts ascending and descending. The problem is, the translation for a "landing place" only occurs in one particular translation of the Epic of Gilgamesh...and the ascending and descending of ships is a fabrication of Stitchin. What is described in the text is that ships were coming and going from the landing place. What kind of ships did they have that would land in the ancient world? Boats. And yes most scholars agree that in the Epic of Gilgamesh, they are talking about a landing place, a dock for boats to come and go...and not where space ships were landing, and certainly had nothing to do with Baalbeck.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

what's worse is their scholarship...how many times do you hear..."according to ancient mythology dating back thousands of years..."

From the outside perspective, it looks as though they were citing and referencing themselves and each other's "work" only.

I like how "there's no other explanation" for something...

It's like no one knew what an ancient relic was until these guys came along.

"Yeah boss, we found this rock thingy next to a bone thingy up near that triangle shaped thingy... Noooooo idea what it is..."

"What do we tell the people back in the Archaeology department?"

"Same thing we always do... tell 'em we found some more thingies..."

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

ETA: Unless they actually figured out how to re-create these structures with some means unbeknownst to us...

Well, because it is only a trailer to the debunking (documentary?) we can't really comment on it. But we can comment on AA and the people involved. And while aliens seems like a great explanation for anything monolithic that was built in the past, there are people today (ONE PERSON) who can do some pretty amazing things not using any modern tools.

edit on 26-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I Tivo this show on a regular basis. I like it, especially the parts about things like Gobeckli Tepi. I find that stuff fascinating. Buuut.....they do stretch some things a little bit
In one show they show a flock of geese flying in formation by a volcano erupting in Iceland. One of their "experts" tries to convince everyone that it's an alien spaceship responsible for causing the volcano to erupt. C'mon guys, I was born, but it was not yesterday
I have seen enough flocks of birds in formation to tell the difference. It's kinda funny, you can even see their wings flapping and the goof tries to convince you it's an alien spaceship.
I would say it's the goofy looking one, but thats too vague, there are some strange characters they have on that show.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Idahomie because: spelling

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If this video were true, it would certainly be welcome if done properly.

However, all I see is words on a screen making unsubstantiated claims without even one tiny demonstration. It's the same exact tactic of so many UFO claims, cons, and hoaxes.

I really dislike seeing trailers until the movie is actually out.
Me no likes waiting for anything ever.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
What degrees do the "ancient alien" theorists have in archeology?

I am guessing none and am also surprised that there are fools out there who would buy into this ridiculous theory.

It is like the religious idiots who believe the world was created two thousand years ago. We are supposed to believe that aliens were so involved with us in the past but also believe that one day they just said. well we gotta go...sorry but we got nothing else for ya..

If alien were here with very good tech...then there would be signs of it...why are the signs only available in items that only ancient man could create?

I think this debunking thing will work..because it would not be hard to debunk BS...

edit on 26-4-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

...I'm not sure how much of the Christian worldview Chris is going to inject into the film.

From my biblical worldview.

So are you telling us your whole project is a Christian project?
And even if it isn't stated in the doc, it's going to be from a "Christian worldview"?
And if the answer to the first two questions are yes, then doesn't that blow your objectivity right out of the water right from the start?

I'm seeing an agenda here, my friend. Tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Ok.... so like, we're allowed to spam ATS forums with advertisements for our own personal websites now? What exactly is the point of this, other than advertising some website that is supposedly coming out in September 2012.... ?? Am I missing something here? Or is this really just an advertisement and another lame attempt at "trolling" ? Did you seriously take the time to make a damn Youtube video, advertise your website in hopes of getting people to look at it, and make some "Memes" or whatever they're called these days making fun of some guys hair?
Wonder how long this thread will exist... yawn.

But hey man, good job getting it on the ATS facebook notification! zzzzz.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join