It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked Trailer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It might upset some people, but for others, it'll be breath of fresh air.

Posting videos and video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of a video, please post the video or a link to the video, a description of the video's content, and one or two paragraphs offering your own opinion on the video. This will help inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 4/26/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Fresh air, I don't know how many times I can hear "I"m not saying it's aliens, but..."

or, "According to ancient astronaut theorists... (Uh... yeah me...)"

edit on 26-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Actually looking forward to this debunking. I typically watch this purely for entertainment purposes. Not sure how much I "believe" of this theory...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
actually, awesome!

reminds "Ancient Aliens' viewers (who actually seen most seasons. episodes) we cant "debunk" a whole gamut of evidence with a few semanticnazi holes.

unless we are eyes wide shut to it ALL.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

what's worse is their scholarship...how many times do you hear..."according to ancient mythology dating back thousands of years..."

I actually partook in the research portion of this debunking project (which is why I posted here) and I ran into that problem. I could not find the hard source from which they were making their claims.

If the sources they derive the claims from are speculation or faulty, than the assertions that come from it are....you got it....ALIENS!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"Ah * * * *."

—Ancient Alien producers
edit on 26-4-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

+33 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

So you create a youtube video using a compilation of clips from the actual TV show, add the word debunked, call it a trailer and it's suppose to put any kind of argument. I'm all for learning the truth but this was a complete waste of my time.

Also if you believe in religion and call 'ancient alien theory' ridiculous, you are few cans short of a six pack and i weep for humanity. In fact saying you know the 'truth' is completely ignorant and i weep for humanity.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Let err rip

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

ahh yes I knew I would come across the hater...

actually I didn't put the video together...I am not the one making the movie...

BUT, since you inquired, all we we're trying to do is show how faulty the arguments are for their claims. Also, most of the claims are based off of bad sources or just flat out made up.

Compare that to the likes of Christianity, or even Islam, that actually has historical significance behind it.

BTW this is a trailer...and it's for a documentary, not a hollywood 3d blockbuster mind control film

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Not trying to defend Ancient Aliens here but do they have any credibility? All I see on the site is the video, a request for your e-mail (spam anyone?) and their "contact page," "oooooooh send us an e-mail and we might read it but we probably wont respond."

pfft, Anyone could have made this...

ETA: Unless they actually figured out how to re-create these structures with some means unbeknownst to us...

edit on 26-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The beautiful thing of debunking ancient aliens is that it points to man being far more advanced than commonly believed using methods forgotten or redundant to us.

There is information passed down that forms the idea that Gods or aliens came from the skies in ancient times but upon deeper reading into ancient namely in ancient south America it is apparent the these ancient builders came from the seas in massive ships unseen before. The ancient mariners said they were survivors of the great flooding and had come from a far away land. They taught the ancients building, math, and astronomy. They left of a long voyage back from where they came with promises to return.

They weren't any aliens in Puma Punku as far as the ancient lores and recorded history in concerned.

And to say that man was too primitive or stupid to have build such great structures so therefore Aliens had to have built them take takes far more fairy tale dust and imagination rather than find the reality.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

the guy who is making the film is commonly known as knowwheretorun1984 look him up on youtube

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

BUT, since you inquired, all we we're trying to do is show how faulty the arguments are for their claims. Also, most of the claims are based off of bad sources or just flat out made up.

Compare that to the likes of Christianity, or even Islam, that actually has historical significance behind it.

BTW this is a trailer...and it's for a documentary, not a hollywood 3d blockbuster mind control film

Good lord man...

You can't make a trailer for a documentary and only show clips of tv show you plan to rip apart, how can you support these 'producers', hell what sort of qualifications do the producers even have?

And Christianity having historical significance behind it? I'm not even going begin that 20th century argument in this context.

Call me a hater all you want, what i hate is people who think they are right and have no possible evidence to prove otherwise. If anyone had any proof of some kind of ancient 'truth' there would be a revolution by morning.

I don't believe either theories to be 'true' because i don't believe in truths, but ancient aliens are a billion times more plausible then any earth bound religion, sorry to burst your little bubble.
edit on 26-4-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Bigfoot12714

the guy who is making the film is commonly known as knowwheretorun1984 look him up on youtube

Will do thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Good lord man...

You can't make a trailer for a documentary and only show clips of tv show you plan to rip apart, how can you support these 'producers', hell what sort of qualifications do the producers even have?

And Christianity having historical significance behind it? I'm not even going begin that 20th century argument in this context.

Call me a hater all you want, what i hate is people who think they are right and have no possible evidence to prove otherwise. If anyone had any proof of some kind of ancient 'truth' there would be a revolution by morning.

I don't believe either theories to be 'true' because i don't believe in truths, but ancient aliens are a billion times more plausible then any earth bound religion, sorry to burst your little bubble.

...but you're saying you are right and I am wrong...???

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

...but you're saying you are right and I am wrong...???

WHAT?

I'm saying if you think you know the truth you are wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You said "I don't believe in truths"

So...is that a true statement? Because if it is, then you are contradicting yourself.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

You said "I don't believe in truths"

So...is that a true statement? Because if it is, then you are contradicting yourself.

This is becoming a completely unrelated and petty argument with no intellectual value to you, myself or this website.

Sometimes i wonder why i even come here.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
ok, since youre saying its all false, that ancient man wasnt influenced by an advanced race or civilization... PROVE IT...put up or shut up

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join