It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Direct TV Commercials...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am really curious as to how many other people are seeing these and what is the general opinion? The first few were interesting and now I can't help but get into it. The ongoing saga of their poor unfortunate slobs have all manner of disaster come into their lives by staying with Cable TV is just hilarious.

I'm sure these aren't running all over the world, so here are a few of the cuter ones we're seeing here for examples.

Dog Dollar Girl:

Stray Animal Guy:

Charlie Sheen reliving Platoon!:

and finally...the one I saw tonight that finally caused me to come and share:

Now this has nothing to do with the product being sold in the vids. I think it was Geico who first started this trend of mini-shows within a 30 second commercial and leading one into another over weeks and months. I must say, this is getting as entertaining as the shows they appear during, in some cases.

Anyone else getting as big a laugh out of how ridiculous these are getting?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Some very creative advertising. Every time I see one it makes me laugh. The only one I have not seen (before now) was the house blowing up, the guys expression when his house explodes is priceless.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
These days - fear sells better than sex. I have to admit, these are some of my favorite commercials of all times. However, the last time I felt compelled to buy something as a result of a commercials was as for cereal or toys as a kid.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think these are great ads.

They always make me chuckle. I too just saw the new one tonight. I hope they churn out more of these.

(Even though we don't have DirectTV north of 49.)
edit on 26-4-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My favorite..."Don't sell your hair to a wig shop"...

These are some of the most entertaining ads I've seen in quite a while. I really like them

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Personally, I think these are as memorable as 'Where's the Beef?'. lol

At the very least, this series ought to be a contender for the top concepts. Here is the wig shop.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
After watching the "Don't have your house explode" one I'm convinced I should keep cable... until I get the insurance check and a new house in the middle of no where...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The only Charlie Sheen commerical I've seen has been the one he did for Fiat.

He did one for DirecTV too?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yeah these commercials are pretty great, with their worst possible chain of events they remind me of the Toshiba commercials from a little while ago which were also quite funny.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

I forgot about those! I haven't seen one in awhile... Yeah, those ones are just as good as the DirectTV ones. Those are a little on the..wow..creepy side though. In a laughable way. I couldn't help but laugh at how warped the thinking of the fictional executive would have to be to get through the scenarios that led to Zombies or Housewives driving off cliffs.

join