It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 2012: Can He Beat Mitt Romney Now That Newt Gingrich Is Bowing Out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Ron Paul 2012: Can He Beat Mitt Romney Now That Newt Gingrich Is Bowing Out?

www.ibtimes.com...

He may not be winning the votes of entire states like Mitt Romney, who picked up five more states on Tuesday, but he is winning over individual delegates to the nominating convention, already having secured half of the delegates in both Iowa and Minnesota, and working on a number of other states.

The article goes on to say that it is possible that Paul may be able to pull off a Warren G, Harding 1920 type of victory. Harding like Paul went to the convention with the fewest delegates of any of the candidates.

We know the MSM has been putting up every roadblock they could to keep Paul as a non-candidate. Yet the truth be told as caucus states move to their, county, district and state conventions Ron Paul is doing very well.

Mitt Romney is not a shoe-in as the media would like us to believe. I can imagine the kind of support Ron will receive at the Convention. The media will have a hard time putting the Paul delegates on "ignore" and RP supporters are getting savvy to the dirty tricks they've encountered along the way. I don't expect fair and balanced news coverage of the convention by a long shot. It's time for Paul supporters to do their best to expose the BS if at all possible. If Paul get shafted there will be repercussions as nobody wants to support crooks and the GOP is getting a track record of being just that in the state primaries and caucuses and a fixed convention will likely mean
for Romney in the general election.

Stay tuned. It's just a matter of time before the world will see what becomes of the Ron Paul Revolution.

How refreshing to hear a media source not discount Paul's chances to pull off a victory!

Ron Paul 2012 Wins Iowa & Minnesota Delegates, Demonstrating Possible Path to White House [VIDEO]

www.ibtimes.com...

edit on 4/25/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think the team took the last election cycle as a learning cycle. Remember what happened at the national convention concerning RP delegates? This time around the target was delegates from the getgo, so the tactic of bullying delegates will not work this year.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
One possible danger of Paul being successful at the Florida convention, is the 'ptb' within the GOP may then throw the election Obama's way as a way to discredit the libertarian movement as being 'why' Obama won.

Just like the Dems all blamed Nader when Gore lost to Bush.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

It looks to me like the republican plan to throw the election to obama again either way. I mean they can't seriously believe that romney could beat obama, can they?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. At this point in time Romney still only has 42 percent of the non-caucus delegates. With Paul's current delegate strategy being shown to be more than capable of eating caucus states whole it would not surprise me to see the outcome of this nomination take its ride all the way to the convention.

If Paul could even just manage to get results in non-convention states like what he managed in Virginia, where the news stations were outright hesitant to make a call on who would win, he could very well come out on top at the end of it all.

We'll have to see how it plays out in the end, no one can really make a call at this point.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by stanguilles7

It looks to me like the republican plan to throw the election to obama again either way. I mean they can't seriously believe that romney could beat obama, can they?

Under certain circumstances I think Romney actually could beat Obama.

But I agree that the GOP want Obama to win.

And if Paul gets a lot of delegates, he would make a great scapegoat for them

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

To beat Obama, Romney would first have to beat himself. I doubt he's up to that.

Who would want a sleazy used car salesman as President, anyway?

new topics

top topics

join