It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible drone over Las Vegas, vid and pic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
About 4 or 5 days ago I am leaving work, and in the sky I see an unusual object in the sky. As I observe this object it is flying at a fairly low speed and if I was to guess was between 5000-10,000 feet above ground. I took a pic, but it wasn't great. As I looked up at the object it looked to be cylindrical with very small nubs for wings. I say wings, but they were almost imperceptible. Tonight I was walking out at about the same time around 7pm and I see the same object in roughly the same area on the same flight path. This time I was determined to get video and pics, the good thing is that there is also an airplane at altitude next to it that seems to help give contrast. What I know for sure is that it's not an airplane and it's not a helicopter! Any analysis that the pros on ats could give would be appreciated.

Vid is best when viewed at 1080p

link

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's possible that it was a drone over Las Vegas because Creech AFB is just north of Vegas and has Predator drones station there.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CaliPirate

Ya, to see it 2 different times over a large city is very unusual tho. They might be ramping up the domestic drone program that has been getting a lot of press.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
S&F for posting a pic and video...interesting, at that altitude however who knows, but a drone seems like a very likely candidate. It seemed to be keeping pace with the jetliner, but again without knowing the altitude it's hard to say.

Thanks for posting them both

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Pay attention to the distance of the contrail and drone in relation to the trees. Ad the camera turn, the distance between all items shifts wider. Appears to be unrealistic in my amateur opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
In fact, if you track the direction of each item in relation to a point at the top of the wall, their direction appears to shift dramatically.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
For it to have that kind of contrail it would have to be pretty high up and the engine on it would have to be huge. So you've captured yourself a plane.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

That's not the object, the object is next to the plane as explained in the op.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

That's not the object, the object is next to the plane as explained in the op.

Ahhhhh I see it now dur!

Wow how did you spot that?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Lol, it looks a lot bigger in person, but not as big as a jet. I find myself looking up at the sky all the time, searching for anomalous objects

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
OP, you may want to peruse this article and corresponding map, doesn't appear that drones have been given FAA authorization to fly over NV just yet. Not that the US Govt. needs authorization per se. In fact, as the drone flies NV seems to be a very unlikely location to spot a drone based on these authorized locations.

Nevertheless, this may lend credence that it could be something other than a drone, thus placing the object you spotted in the UFO category.

Who is Flying Drones in the U.S. and Where Are They Flying?

Drone location map giving FAA airspace authorization

Here's an image of the map:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
seems to me to be a typical single prop Cessna or such

why would it be a Drone? what characteristics leads you to see a Drone ?

the pace of the craft does not suggest it was at the 30,000 ft the commercial contrail altitude,
the tiny object was much lower but by an odd coincidence the viewing angle made the 2 objects appear to be traveling at the jetcraft speed (? 400 knots?)...

optical illusion...apophenia (finding significance in insignificant phenomena)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Because small planes are not allowed to fly in that air space, It's too close to Mccarran Airport at that low of elevation. Small planes have to fly into The North Las Vegas Airport.

top topics

join