It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two years on, health care bill is like a plague

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Two years on, health care bill is like a plague
April 24, 2012 -- 8:00 PM -- Washington Examiner

What appears to be some defection from the Democrat ObamaCare, many Democrats seem to be scurrying for position.

Many familiar supporters are now casting doubts on the massive health care bill.

As the article suggests, this may be a positioning move in anticipation of the Supreme Court decision expected in June.

Big political damage is looming for all Democrats as well as Obama.

I think a whole lot of voters will suddenly wake up this November.

Even though a few things like the provision for insurance availability for people with pre existing conditions may be good (as long as they can pay for it that is), many are willing to scrap the whole thing and start over.

My opinion is to take one issue at a time and pass one law at a time until the problems are fixed.

Keep the C-o-r-r-u-p-t-i-o-n OUT !!

Who knows how many $millions has been thrown away already on the legislation itself and the questionable programs already in force.

The clock is ticking.....

Two years and one month after it passed -- and two years and three months after it might have proved useful -- Democrats are regretting the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Now that we know it is nothing if not unaffordable, the act is itself the main danger from which they seek political protection and shelter.

Why now? Perhaps to get a jump on things before the act is ruled unconstitutional, or before it causes even more Democrats to lose in November, or before President Romney repeals it in 2013. "I think that the manner in which the issue was dealt with ... cost Obama a lot of credibility as a leader," said Sen. James Webb, D-Va. Webb, who voted for passage and is retiring after one term, added that if Obama had gone for a small, simple measure, he could have won some Republican votes.

Familiar Names:

Rep. Brad Miller, D-N.C., who is also retiring, remarked that "[w]e would all have been better off if we had dealt first with the financial system" and said Democrats wasted time and political capital creating problems that dragged the economy down.

Rep. Dennis Cardoza, D-Calif., who is also retiring, said the bill should have been done in "digestible pieces," and they should have 'figure[d] how they were going to pay for the bill, and then figure[d] out what they could afford."

Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., of all people, says the Democrats should have stopped after Scott Brown won his election.

Former Rep. Artur Davis, D-Ala., who lost a gubernatorial primary after voting against it, got it right when he said "the Affordable Care Act is the single least popular piece of major domestic legislation in the past 70 years."

ObamaCare = Political Suicide ?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He should have fought for the public option instead of a mandate to buy from private industry. A hybrid system would have done him A LOT of good in the polls once peopel started using it and seeing the benefit of properly done government supplied health care.

As it stands that whole bill is a big pile of wank and needs to be struck down and redone. I'm not saying I dislike the idea of everybody getting heatlhcare, I do live in Canada after all.

My problem is that the government should not FORCE you to buy something if it isn't going to subsidize it in some way.

Like I'm forced to pay taxes for my medicare, but I'm not hassled in any other fashion when it comes to the hospital. ( other than paying for meds or cosmetic type proceedures).

I don't know why he didn't lean on European nations and Canada to divise a hybrid model, clearly that's what would have worked best.

I suppose that would have been "un patriotic" though..

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Obama care should have never been created sells us out to corporations those thing those Democrats like to rail one and control but here comes the kicker.

Obamacare is the lefts cash cow which will increase lobbying that fills their parties coffers.

Remember folks the larger Government gets lobbyists and corporate payoffs increase.

Pure genius

Evil that is.
edit on 25-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There are conspiracy theories out there.

One favorite is that the ObamaCare law was intentionally tainted.

One obvious thing was that the 'lawmakers" omitted the standard severance clause !!

Another obvious thing is the forced mandate to "purchase" or pay a "fine" to be enforced by the IRS.

It's entirely possible that the "lawmakers" knew the thing was probably unconstitutional right from the beginning.

The general idea is to somehow be "backed into a corner" and use a new combined Medicare / Medicaid system.

Both exist already and much of those programs have variables from State to State.

Many think the corruption already underway was a temporary down payment to the health insurance companies who were left out of the stimulus money for the most part.

Here's the pre existing condition plan already in force. It is voluntary.
It does have wide variables (including varying rates) from State to State, which makes it "constitutional".
Even the States under the "Federal Program" have lots of variables.

Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP)

edit on Apr-25-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I had an A/C guy over today to look at mine. My wife used to work with him, and they got to talking about his kids. He has two kids that he is considered a foster parent of because he hasn't officially adopted them. He can't get these kids insured because he is not their parent, just their guardian.

You may think that this is why Obamacare was created, to get kids like this insured, right? Wrong. They were insured until Obamacare made him drop it. Apparently, under Obamacare, only a legal parent can insure a child. Since he's not the parent, no insurance. Even though he feeds, clothes. houses and takes care of them.

Obamacare: Killing People Since 2010.

/TOA
edit on 25-4-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Two thousand pages, and two years later. It stunk then, and it stinks now.

In all of it, it never addressed the artificial rise in costs, instead, it accomidated the rise.

It never addressed the lawyers influence (malpractice insurance, lawsuit caps).

It never addressed the onus placed on hospitals treating the uninsured, illegal immigrants.

It placed punative responsibility on medical workers (MD', RN's, LPN's) and avoided pharmaceutical companies.

Poorly written, poorly executed, poorly sold, poorly explained.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I had an A/C guy over today to look at mine. My wife used to work with him, and they got to talking about his kids. He has two kids that he is considered a foster parent of because he hasn't officially adopted them. He can't get these kids insured because he is not their parent, just their guardian.

You may think that this is why Obamacare was created, to get kids like this insured, right? Wrong. They were insured until Obamacare made him drop it. Apparently, under Obamacare, only a legal parent can insure a child. Since he's not the parent, no insurance. Even though he feeds, clothes. houses and takes care of them.

Obamacare: Killing People Since 2010.

/TOA
edit on 25-4-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

Great Point !!

As time goes on, we keep hearing more and more about the fiascoes and boondoggles.

Your real life example is Catch-22 / part 3 of possibly thousands !

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

He should have fought for the public option instead of a mandate to buy from private industry. A hybrid system would have done him A LOT of good in the polls once peopel started using it and seeing the benefit of properly done government supplied health care.

As it stands that whole bill is a big pile of wank and needs to be struck down and redone. I'm not saying I dislike the idea of everybody getting heatlhcare, I do live in Canada after all.

My problem is that the government should not FORCE you to buy something if it isn't going to subsidize it in some way.

Like I'm forced to pay taxes for my medicare, but I'm not hassled in any other fashion when it comes to the hospital. ( other than paying for meds or cosmetic type proceedures).

I don't know why he didn't lean on European nations and Canada to divise a hybrid model, clearly that's what would have worked best.

I suppose that would have been "un patriotic" though..

~Tenth

Because its my gut instinct that he KNEW that this wouldnt pass.........and this was all a facade.......

Obama isnt stupid, and neither are the men behind the puppet......

Its my intuition that tells me that this whole thing was to just keep people busy while something else was going on behind the scenes.....

Everyone knew this thing would never get passed.......but it sure has kept everyone focused.......

Penn and Teller 101 my friend.........slight of hand...........
edit on 25-4-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Oh yes, the old bait and switch.

It will be VERY interesting, 20 years from now when we can go back and look at what was really happening during this Presidency, what he was REALLY setting up for.

My guess for starters is the NAU, which has been discussed since the 60's among leaders of all three nations.

But that's just a guess, only time will tell what evil really lurks in todays legislation.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

He should have fought for the public option instead of a mandate to buy from private industry.

~Tenth

He actually did, extensively.

Too many of his party in Congress refused to go along.

ETA: Also, Rahm Emanual told Obama when he first began pushing health care after he took office that it would ruin any chance of him every being able to do anything else in the next four years.

Rahm is not a dumb guy.

edit on 25-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

People don't seem to realize.. that the "public option" would have been a contracted group of the largest health care providers offering a subsidized health plan. It still would have been a private corporation, and we still would have been forced to buy insurance.

What he SHOULD have done, if he cared for us as Human Beings at all, would be to propose a limitation on Health Insurance completely.. restricting it only to major medical (extensive surgeries, long hospital stays etc) ..

Insurance is a middle man.. it's only purpose of existence is to generate a profit in between the consumer buying from a provider.

Cut out the middle man and we as a nation would save hundreds of billions.

(Edit to add.. in 2008 I actually voted for Democrats. Then they passed the ACA, and I promise that no matter what happens in the future, because of the ACA I will never vote for a Democrat again.)
edit on 4/25/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

that , or make it where health insurance doesnt have a "border" so companies actually HAVE to compete......

That would make a HUGE difference in the way its handled and affordability......

something even THAT simple could have made a world of difference...........HAD that been the intention......

But like i said above........

I do not believe it was

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
They should have just extended what the government employees have to pick from. That almost made it out of committee.

join