It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We may have just got screwed!!!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

It says right in the OP that a decision isn't expected until June.

In Arizona v. U.S., Justice Elena Kagan recused herself because she was solicitor general when the Obama administration filed suit against the law. If the court splits 4-4, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision blocking the four major provisions of the law would stand. The decision is not expected until June.

Link

Not quite sure where the op got the idea that a decision would be made today

Tomorrow when the ruling comes down, this will be a legal side effect

No one knows exactly when a decision will be handed down by the Court in an argued case, nor is there a set time period in which the Justices must reach a decision. However, all cases argued during a term of Court are decided before the summer recess begins, usually by the end of June.

Supreme Court

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Wow. What a video... I mean come on, that's pretty cool!

Thanks for sharing OP!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

The Barack didn't even send us flowers.

Um... this is an Arizona STATE law put forth by Republican state politicians. How is this President Obama's fault?

For all of those screaming about illegals over-running our country because a Democratic President (not entirely white guy to boot!) is in charge, maybe you should look up the statistics... President Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than Bush/Cheney did by a wide margin. There are several sources but here's one quickly off of Google: www.washingtonpost.com...

And yes, this law is not good but people should educate themselves on exactly WHO is putting forth these kinds of laws.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Has it ever occurred to you that if the federal government had done it's job in the first place, detaining and returning illegal immigrants, then states like Arizona would never had to write these laws that are in question now.

Just food for thought.

And maybe the reason they didn't do it is because they knew what the reaction would be. Pretty good set up for a power grab and ya'll will be clamoring for it to get the Mexicans. Then they will turn around and use it on you.

I'm laughing at you guys. It you are single, have no kids and no sick family then get the hell out of this country while still can.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Your reasoning and interpretation of the law is completely wrong. The issue in front of the US Supreme Court has to do with whether state law enforcement has a duty to enforce federal law when it is clearly probable that a federal is likely to have been broken. Think of it this way: Bank robbery is a federal offense and is investigated by the FBI. Nobody would argue that a city police officer on the scene of a bank robbery should not act and could not act when he or she witnesses a robbery in action. They do what they can to make the arrest, but the FBI investigates and the DOJ prosecutes in federal court. What the DOJ is saying is that the same city police officer, when he or she has probable cause, simply cannot act when it is clearly probable that the crime of illegal immigration has taken place. Under no circumstances can the police stop someone without probable cause of some sort, but that is really a very low standard virtually anywhere and has nothing to do with issues debated.

On the other hand, the TSA is an all federal force. So, if they believe that a person is seeking to board an aircraft or similar and that there is a high likelihood that they are an illegal immigrant why would they not act to effect an arrest? ICE should investigate and the DOJ prosecute and the illegal immigrant gets sent home. Again, I fail to see what this has to do with the Arizona law.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Mitt Romney has said that his idea is to make the environment in the USA "so toxic for illegals that they will self deport", looks like he's about to get a major step towards this goal.

That is about the stupidest thing one could say. If they make illegals want to self deport, they're gonna make the citizens self deport also.

Mittens is a tool bag kitty cat. Obama is a dog eater.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The root of the problem is the porous southern border. That is where the problem is, and where the
problem should be addressed.

There is no reason to debate the treatment of the symptoms of a disease...WHEN A CURE IS AVAILABLE

Close the southern border. Demand that the federal government does its job. National security
and border security top the list of the federal government's purview of authority and they should be
held accountable.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I might just go and do it myself.

I am bored and underemployed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

What's even sillier is they have been self-deporting. All the stats show illegal immigration has dropped significantly.
campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

This isn't about fixing a problem. This is about a power grab.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

LOL I REALLY misread that

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You don't say that DHS wants more power....or does it?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by antonia

You don't say that DHS wants more power....or does it?

It's not just the DHS here. It's the states too. If they get their way with this a lot more legislation will be coming down the line.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Good... I hope the states secede or kick the Feds ass.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by antonia

Good... I hope the states secede or kick the Feds ass.

Ok, if you want the state sending cops down your door that's your business. Frankly, I'd rather move to Europe.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

I live in Southwest Florida and have a concealed weapons permit. I predicted to all my legally carrying friends that the "Stand Your Ground Law" would be challenged by the present federal governmental administration in some way / shape or form. That is why Jesse and Al were down here to drag the MSM into the picture big time and to expose the law to those who were unaware of it. Now the country knows and those who are anti gun are just astonished a law like this exist. This new Arizona law may be the inside mechanism the government needs to expand and put their TSA in places we have never thought of.

I grew up in Minnesota. I was raised a hunter and learned in my very early years what a weapon could to do to any kind of flesh. I never felt a need to carry a hand gun - until. My father was 52 years old - long story short - was beaten to death by a 6ft 3" man in his own home. I know if my father had hand gun he would used it to defend himself. No one is going to do that to me - call it what you want - that is a fact.

The one thing the TSA might do if this passes, with the governments permission of course, would have a TSA agent in every neighborhood - Obamas trained troops may be the fist choice? Sounds crazy but I never thought in my life time would ever see our congress allow what they have allowed for the last 11 years - it is down right scary and treasonous to the American Constitution. They should arrest themselves LOL. Not funny really.

Our government is now passing laws to protect their wrong doing and don't even care if we know anymore. As a matter of fact they want us to know - showing off their arrogance and power. They are voted into control by us thinking it is a sewer of corruption and find out it is a spa - but they want to protect themselves while doing their dirty work at the same time.

The whole system is broken but it is all we got. It is in need of repair very badly but voting can't do it - the voting appears corrupt also, but hard to prove. This law written and presented with good intentions but may be just one more notch in the governments power - sorry to say.

God help our helpless asses

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

No I don't want that, but Id rather it be the police then DHS if you get my drift.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I don't think either group needs that kind of power. People are clamoring to give it one side because of nativist arguments. The irony is they are more likely to us it against legal citizens. You think they will give that power up when all the illegals are gone? They have no intention of running out the illegals. It's all a political talking point.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

agreed

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
next thing u know they will be making mandatory HOME INSPECTIONS

to inspect... floorboard security & foot traffic?

Makes me sick to even think about it... Nazi Germany wasn't # compared to these real Gestapo.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I would just like to add another point of view. Visiting many cities and urban areas I see the middle class citizens supporting the growing illegal population. Forget the airport reputation, if shtf you all may welcome your local TSA agent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join