It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We may have just got screwed!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We may need to all start reprocessing the survival threads...

My nations leaders just slipped us all a mickey...or at the very least the possibility...

tomorrow we get the fall out from this

yahoo in arizonia immigration...

It was a tough day for U.S. Solicitor General Donald Verrilli, who argued on behalf of the government against Arizona's stringent anti-illegal immigration law at the Supreme Court on Wednesday. The justices seemed deeply skeptical of the government's contention that Arizona cannot require police officers to ask about immigration status during routine stops. But, even though the justices were hard on Verrilli, oral arguments are difficult to interpret and tough questioning doesn't necessarily give any clues as to how the justices will rule.

and

Other states watch arizona ruling

(CNN) -- Lawmakers across the nation closely followed Wednesday's Supreme Court arguments over the fate of Arizona's tough immigration law
After all, a handful of states have already passed similar laws that are also facing court challenges, and the Arizona decision will likely tip their cases one way or another.

to sum it up here....

Supreme court issues are actually

-stopping anyone for citizen test
-detainment time while citizen test

Now how are we being screwed?

let me just put it to you

Errie Doctrine

In United States law, the Erie doctrine is a fundamental legal doctrine of civil procedure mandating that a federal court in diversity jurisdiction (and some allied state-law claims in federal-law actions) must apply state substantive law.
The doctrine follows from Supreme Court landmark decision in Erie Railroad Co. v. Tompkins, 304 U.S. 64, 58 S. Ct. 817, 82 L. Ed. 1188 (1938), decided on April 25, 1938, written by Justice Louis Brandeis. The case overturned Swift v. Tyson, which allowed federal judges sitting in a state to ignore the common law local decisions of state courts in the same state, in cases based on diversity jurisdiction.

summing it up

Erie doctrine-
federal courts can hear state cases- as long as they go by state laws

Reverse Erie doctrine-
state courts can hear federal cases- as long as they go by federal laws

TSA

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that exercises authority over the security of the traveling public in the United States.[1]
The TSA was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act, sponsored by Don Young in the United States House of Representatives[2] and Ernest Hollings in the Senate,[3] passed by the 107th U.S. Congress, and signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 19, 2001. Originally part of the United States Department of Transportation, the TSA was moved to the Department of Homeland Security on March 25, 2003.

summary

Agency created by the DoHS to secure traveling public

With these powers combined.....

Tomorrow when the ruling comes down, this will be a legal side effect

The TSA will have the authority under the Erie/ Reverse Erie Doctrine to stop anyone they want for a citizenship check.

During this highway stop while they verify your a citizen your in custody. This allows searches of cars and vehicles without cause. (remember they are checking to see if your a citizen)

it will be with the supreme courts blessing.

Tomorrow I expect...

The court will allow the stopping for citizen checks
Will not allow the detainment

I pray I am wrong but if this passes the states will have the TSA appearing shortly afterwards. Stopping drivers at will, to check if they are citizens. Scanning you vehicles while your in state(TSA) custody...

I hope the Court tosses it all out otherwise.... its over...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't usually try to start arguments but I really hope you're wrong about this...

So does it mean they can stop anyone or just people coming into the country?
edit on 25-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to light, it's shocking how many sinister things are going down lately. Only with public awareness, can we begin to stop this disturbing trend.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I verify he is speaking the truth.

edit:stop and detain anyone, including any citizen.

edit on 25-4-2012 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2012 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

They have been playing us for a long time and we just follow each other into the trap.

Since the 9/11 "attack" didn't scare enough Americans into willingly handing over freedom they used the scary Mexicans.

I live in Arizona and I've been trying to open the eyes of my fellow residents for years.

You can thank the following:

Sheriff Joe Arpaio
former Senator Russell Pearce
Governor Jan Brewer
former Maricopa Attorney Andrew Thomas

I'm sure there are more but these are the stars.

Sorry folks it's too late we lose.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

You would think the people that work for the TSA and these other administrations would see what's happening and go "Hold on a second....oh my god, this is wrong." Are they really that blind to the things they are doing to their fellow citizens!?!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

You would think the people that work for the TSA and these other administrations would see what's happening and go "Hold on a second....oh my god, this is wrong." Are they really that blind to the things they are doing to their fellow citizens!?!

The TSA are just working jobs, and jobs that give them an element of power.
They aint gonna speak up at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

I want to be wrong

The law as worded

Arizona SB 1070

My understanding they can stop anyone they want to check citizenship...

part of what the court is considering is over this part- what the laws line is on reasonable suspicion... there is no nice way around it... to not profile means you get the authority to stop everyone...

what if the pale skin red headed lad is from ireland?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

it stopped a conversation flow in a mc donalds as the news went on about it and I spoke about it..

it was not a pleasant epiphany dawning on me... one kid took his I phone and showed his other friend... and wow...

they sat silent as they watched everyword

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

thank you...

you worded it exactly... stop and detain....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

But I mean...come on, you'd think at least a FEW people would step up and be like "NO"

EDIT: In light of what's been happening in this country I don't think this will happen ^^^
edit on 25-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I would thank them but I think the republicans have forgotten something pivotal

Obama did beat the Clinton machine in a knock down drawn out fight.... and emerges the victor-

I think they may be being played....

This smacks of control measures

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
next thing u know they will be making mandatory HOME INSPECTIONS

to inspect... floorboard security & foot traffic?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

But I mean...come on, you'd think at least a FEW people would step up and be like "NO"

You would think, yes.

Take SOPA for example.

As soon as it became public concern and outroar,.. it was killed.

But our esteemed Mr. Dodd, yes the former Senator, is trying now to slip it through again,...under the door.

So,..either we let them do what they want, or they do it without us being able to do anything.

So SPEAK UP PEOPLE !!! (and force them to do it behind closed doors)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

they did a psychological test covering your question.... the test and its results are listed here

Milgram Experiment

The Milgram experiment on obedience to authority figures was a series of notable social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram, which measured the willingness of study participants to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts that conflicted with their personal conscience. Milgram first described his research in 1963 in an article published in the Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology,[1] and later discussed his findings in greater depth in his 1974 book, Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View.[2]

sum it up
people given power to shock others
(actors)
they listen to Doc and keep applying shock after screams from actors indicating pain

and this

stanford prison experience

The Stanford prison experiment was a study of the psychological effects of becoming a prisoner or prison guard. The experiment was conducted at Stanford University from August 14 to August 20 of 1971 by a team of researchers led by psychology professor Philip Zimbardo.[1] It was funded by the US Office of Naval Research[2] and was of interest to both the US Navy and Marine Corps as an investigation into the causes of conflict between military guards and prisoners.

summary
people pretending to be prisoners and people pretending to be guards...
guards abuse prisoners knowing filming and its just actors (innocence)

so now add in organization like TSA...
power and authority over citizens...

now making road side stops....

nasty

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Has it ever occurred to you that if the federal government had done it's job in the first place, detaining and returning illegal immigrants, then states like Arizona would never had to write these laws that are in question now.

Just food for thought.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
And, of course, we get no say in this. Gotta love this country we live in, less and less freedom everyday...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

as for what you suggested for homes inspection....

used by inspectors
pre- purchasing and/or pre-selling
insurance purposes

All instances of what you tried to mention are at the choice of the buyer and or seller...

the code enforcers-
investigating a complaint filed with the police department... will stop by and do visual with what they see then go from there

most times contact home owner and attempt to notify or schedule a time the code enforcer can catch the owner...

Is usually part of the city's police department

however going by ATS moto rule- DI

I never considered the darker implications here

the ability to stop someone after the go in their front door (law does not specify where)

if an officer sees some he suspects is not a citizen he can go in the house with the cause of detaining a person to check their citizenship....just claim saw them before they went into their house...

a nasty proviso - cops do it now and claim jurisdiction... (they saw you i do it in their jurisdiction do they went to question you)

Now add in the TSA.... wow you created a nasty equation...

are there any cops who could correct me here a little bit on some of these procedures I want make sure I am right...

edit on 25-4-2012 by ripcontrol because: a little more politeness goes a long way

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Your papers, please.

This is indeed a scary time.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There is one major flaw in your premise and that is that TSA screeners/clerks are not law enforcement officers. They are low-grade dull normal clerks with no power to detain or arrest. If they want someone detained, they must arrange for someone with law enforcement powers to do so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join