It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Hackers Stole Plans for America's New Joint Strike Fighter Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Chinese Hackers Stole Plans for America's New Joint Strike Fighter Plane

This is according to the U.S. House Homeland Security Subcommittee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas).

He says China hackers got hold of blueprints for F-22 and F-35 fighter planes !!

(CNSNews.com) – Intruders from China hacked into computers and stole the blueprints for America’s new joint strike fighter planes, the F-35 and F-22, according to the chairman of the House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Oversight, Investigations and Management.

Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas) made the statement during a Tuesday hearing on cyber security.

“I've been dealing with this issue for a long time,” McCaul said. “But I think it's important that the American people, who most of them don't understand this issue, have a better idea of what--what is at risk. You know when I look at the theft of intellectual property to the tune of $1 trillion, that's a serious economic issue for the United States.

He goes on with more details:

"When I look at countries like China, who have stolen our Joint Strike Fighters, F-35 and F-22's, stolen those blueprints so they can manufacture those planes and then guard against those planes,” he said.

China has created citizen hacker groups engaged in cyber espionage, established cyber war military units and laced the U.S. infrastructure with logic bombs, he said.

Lots of hacking reports in the last couple of years.

I wonder who is ultimately "responsible" for national security breaches ?

“When you look at China and Russia who have hacked into every federal agency in the federal government including the Pentagon,”

Hmmm.

Looks like the U.S. Government is a little lax on this !!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Propaganda to push through things like Sopa etc, notice the intellectual property wording thats the key, now we will see bills to enforce that more...

oh no hackers are the new spies and terrorist quick lock down the internet...
edit on 25-4-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
National Security is a joke thesedays and this is to be expected

The question should be what hasn't hackers stolen?

Those idiots need to take their computers off the network simple fix and yet posturing.

I have no faith in National Security because it doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Rest assured all is well. All the more reason to do trade with these guys. Who else would we turn to for lead poisoned toys our kids play with or other lead tainted household plastic goods, not to mention melamine laced pet foods and livestock feed?

Opening up trade with these guys was about as good of an idea as developing nuclear power. Does anyone who comes up with these ideas and inventions ever think past the first five minutes of implementing them, much less the possible long term outcome and ramifications that could result???

These scientists and politicians are "supposed" to be some of the best minds we have available, but sometimes you have to wonder if a "college education" is all it's cracked up to be.

Sometimes it seems like the whole world revolves around making a quick buck and to hell with the problems that most assuredly will result from it.

One more question that begs to be asked is why is it that our main import trade partner not only has completely different political and social ideologies, but is also considered our enemy who steals our all our high tech info? WTF??? Nixon and Clinton must have been insane not to realize this could potentially be a bad idea.

Very strange world we live in.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Propaganda to push through things like Sopa etc

You could not have more precisely taken the words out of my mouth. With the government now pushing through what is at least their third attempt to lock-down the internet, one has to wonder just how uninformed the general public is, or how uninformed the government thinks it is, to push this propaganda through and fall for it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

You raise a good point with the lead toys, a nation which constantly cuts corners, as well as fake their tech achievements (space walk with air bubbles anyone?)

Just because they know HOW the F-22 is built, doesn't mean they could build one that equals it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well if I were an American Idol follower I would sure find it logical that we would need to go to war with them over this.

Posturing.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It seems I always take a different view than what the OP wants.

The deal works like this: We have these very sophisticated weapons that have no equal. These are the so-called triangles. Without a doubt, they are space capable and probably have enabled Moon bases if not further explorations--yes, to Mars. They have been derived from alien technology and nothing on earth can compete.

The US defense industrial complex is the remaining lifeblood of this country. We love to build weapons, use them ourselves and sell to our friends (and some near enemies) around the world.

In addition, we do programs that are nothing more than smokescreens for the real work done by the defense industries but also with the vital and added purpose of keeping American defense and high-tech industries at work,.

Lumping all of these together, from the latter programs we have the grossly inefficient and terminated space shuttle program, the subsonic B-2 bomber, the subsonic F-117 the ISS and other stinkers. For the former programs, we have the more recent two, the F-22 and the F-35 fighters. (With the latter being specifically tailored for the export market.)

Any and all of these mentioned projects and probably a thousand others are allowed to slip away in one manner or another to those that must strive to keep themselves abreast of us. After all, that is part of how we beat the Soviets to a pulp, make them spend, spend, on defense when on the inside they were falling apart.

The Chinese will have no option but to devise crash programs to build their versions of the F-35, for example, even if they well know that the UFOs are real and probably the triangles are ours. They will have no choice but to defend themselves from the export buyers of those craft. The end result may not drive them to ruin, but their efforts across the defense frontiers will be dulled and dilated byond their ability to make themselves a threat in the near future with their own version of the triangles. Let them hack every scrap of F-35 blueprints!

The longer we can hold them and any other near-hostile country off with the super high-tech of the triangles, the greater our advantage in protecting ourselves from threats all across the board.

The threats to the US today are not from some barbaric middle-eastern countries, it is from the more technologically advanced countries. The more we can keep them off balance, the better our increasing advantage. The adaptation of the power mechanism from the alien UFOs is the greatest advancement in human technology since the development of the wheel. It is also the greatest weapon every....

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
How could it possibly be in the nation's interest to release this if it were true?

Propaganda and disinfo.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Goodness sake, A military with the greatest sophistication and technology in the history of man leaves plans laying around on the WWW. I think not. I am sure the military has it's own web not connected. Sounds like propaganda or subterfuge to cover for some generals blunder.
Psssssst....wanna buy some plans for the f-35?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I agree with you except that these advanced technologies are not derived from "aliens" but were aquired from the Nazis after WWII. I mean, can you imagine if the USA admitted to its citizens that all our technological advancements in the past 50 years was because of Nazis? It would be a scandal, yet it is the truth. We did obtain fantastic new physics systems, weapons, mercury vortex engine, antigravity tech, and scalar tech and much more from the Nazis. The F35 is old tech in comparison, so it doesn't matter if the Chinese or anyone else has the blueprints, because we indeed are lightyears ahead.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The government doesn't release anything to the public till the replacement is already on line.

new topics

top topics

join