It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizzare Weather In L.A.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hello ATS members. I am writing from Los Angeles, California and noticed that the weather has been very bizzare lately especially today. I am no weather man. In the morning it was cloudy but very hot. I could feel the sun's rays even though the sun wasn't showing. The day kept like that and around 3 pm the sun shone out very bright and luminous and the clouds were gone. After school, I went to the park with a couple of friends to play handball. At around 4:25 there were very windy winds.The sky was almost covered with gray clouds. After the maybe 10 seconds of hard wind the sky became clear again. These were very strong winds. People around us suggested that maybe an earthquake was going to happen or even a tsunami. The sky was also less than sprinkling. It was dropping drops of rain onto me.

Honestly, my friends and I became a little scared. We suggested it might be the end of the world but what do we know. Maybe it was to do with global warning or maybe the government is behind it all?

Any opinions?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm on the other side of the continent and you and I have similar weather patterns lately.

Remember the days when someone in a state far away had completely different weather than you? What happened to those days? When it rains here now, it seems to rain everywhere, including the UK. When it's hot and sunny here, everywhere else is bright and sunny.

I think New England's weather is starting to get better than LA's overall. Use to be Cali was the place to be for the best weather in the country. Now I'd say CA would be like 10th on my list of best weather spots.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm also in California, about 2 and a half hours away from LA. I'm in the central valley.

The high today was in the 80's. It started off really warm this morning, and is still quite warm outside. It's odd because it's going to rain tonight and tomorrow, and it seems like every 15 minutes the weather is changing.

Last week, we got hit with some heavy hail. Next day it was in the 90's.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

Yes. The news said yesterday that it was going to rain today but it didn't. The weather is changing every couple minutes. I just hope nothing very big happens.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

Wow, we got the same exact weather here in Houston, Texas today, same time and all (minus the rain drops-never saw them)...very interesting!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

New England? California? Texas? This weather I think is worldwide. It's the same weather.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Montreal, Quebec.

Yesterday, torrid rain, blue skies, hail, blue skies, clouds and crazy wind then heat, back to rain...a weird mixture changing at a moment's notice.

It was the talk of the radio today. The weather IS bizarre !

Welcome to 2012.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Welcome to 2012.

Well said!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The weather has been pretty strange here, I'm no expert though. I have lived in LA for almost 6 years now and when I first moved out here I didn't experience this type of humidity. This type of weather I would expect from the mid-south.

I do entertain the theory that the climates are changing very drastically. Its getting hotter out to the north east every year, and its getting more wet and humid out west every year.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'm not sure about global warming (not saying it's not true), but I live in Pasadena, Ca (which is in the foothills) and I must say that the weather for So Cal is way off today and for the past two weeks actually if I go by weather trends!

First, it was cold (cold to me is anything below 55 degrees) this morning and into the afternoon, then I went outside at like 1 pm and it was hot and very humid...kind of like being in the midwest! Just about 30 minutes ago it rained for about 1 minute in huge rain drops. As of now, the sky is getting black where I am and I guess this monster storm is approaching.

The weather authorities have said we were going to have rain by tonight...but yes, today was a tad bit weird to say the least.

Nice observation OP

edit on 4/25/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
East Coast Canada here, we've been having the same bi polar weather pattern here, hot and sunny, then windy, then cloudy, then sunny, then rain, then sunny...the lilac bushes in the yard are starting to bud which is odd for April on the Eastern Seaboard of Canada..about a month early. Everyone has noticed the bizarre weather and are discussing it here, and the almost complete lack of a winter when we are used to shoveling ourselves out occasionally even in April.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I live in Calgary, Canada and let me tell you about strange weather...we can go from 27 degrees Celsius, to rain, to 1 foot of snow to back up in the 20's again, all in a couple hours.

We have always had weird weather and probably always will.

The weird thing is though, the weather you were explaining happened here today, almost word for word...

Pred.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Seattle, Washington here. . . we are having the warmest streak in history here this week.

What is the consensus as to the cause?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Tsunami? Who were these "people" around you? Lol
Seriously OP breathe. Windy wind and droppy drops shouldn't cause this...

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens.
my friends and I became a little scared. We suggested it might be the end of the world...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

The weird thing is though, the weather you were explaining happened here today, almost word for word...

Pred.

Kinda creepy!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Pred.

Kinda creepy!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque
I'm also in California, about 2 and a half hours away from LA. I'm in the central valley.

The high today was in the 80's. It started off really warm this morning, and is still quite warm outside. It's odd because it's going to rain tonight and tomorrow, and it seems like every 15 minutes the weather is changing.

Last week, we got hit with some heavy hail. Next day it was in the 90's.

So, are you near Fresno....my daughter is at Fresno State and she told me the weather up there is crazy! You haven't had any rain yet

It was hot and humid as all hell down here today. Now it's breezy and nice. Started out cold this morning then all of a sudden it was like being in Trinidad or the Midwest...just weird. All though I'm 5 minutes outside L.A., it feels like I'm in Santa Monica...very strange indeed

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
Tsunami? Who were these "people" around you? Lol
Seriously OP breathe. Windy wind and droppy drops shouldn't cause this...

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens.
my friends and I became a little scared. We suggested it might be the end of the world...

That was funny...but obviously the OP was exaggerating
We Southern Californians especially, seem to buckle at a weird weather change

ETA
Well....here comes the rain....yay, we need it desperately

edit on 4/25/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

Yea but having wussy friends who get scared easily is pretty funny!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My Facebook news feed is full of friends posting things like "The weather is so weird today.." I haven't paid much attention to it since I got home but I noticed the wind picking up recently since the rose bushes are scraping against my window now. It was really grey out but very warm this morning when I went to my dentist appointment, and the air was still.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join