It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Jesus Said When He Would Return to the Day

page: 8
4
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parture

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by Parture
Of 6 billion less than 1% are Christian so at most 6 million Christians on the planet in 2000.


Maybe you should look at the SOURCE link I posted with those numbers. Or are you so afraid of the facts there?

What are you afraid of, Parture?

I showed you how the thinking in the link you gave me was faulty. Why avoid what I said and not respond?


Actually, it is your logic that is flawed. The link explains itself, and apparently only you are having difficulty with it. Why is that?




posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parture
The Red Sea was parted naturalistically. This sort of event happens more than you would think. It was just the timing of it that was particularly amazing. How would parting a sea help the Jews? You're not thinking clearly?


So God had nothing to do with that either? Jesus Christ!! Does he do ANYTHING???



God stopped Hitler and taught that next time some evil tyrant tries to take hold stop appeasing him, but take him out.
God did nothing, it was the armies of the world that has to fight to defeat Hitler. God was nowhere to be found. He just sat back and watched millions die.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
So what will Jesus look like - A long haired, sandal wearing hippy, a spiv in a business suit, a fatigue wearing Rambo with a machine gun, a Roman Catholic, a Southern Baptist or a Protestant?[


I'm guessing a pile of bones? Zombie apocalypse??



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parture

Originally posted by MysterX
You're obviously discounting the possibility that Satan or his minions have done what they do best, and fraudulently presented the Bible as the word of God, when in fact they drafted the whole thing.

What better and more cruel joke to decieve the righteous could there be than to coerce Gods followers into actually following the words of Satan.

Unless you have a time machine / interdimentional travel system handy to go back and check the scribes were not under the influence of the beast when they wrote the scriptures?

Gods plan, could actually be Satans plan, and you could be following it obediently and fulfilling his counter plans for humanity to a T.

There would be no greater triumph for him than to use our gullibility and free will against us in such a way...and for the master of deception and illusion, it would have been a fairly easy thing to achieve too.

The 'word' may indeed be the words of a cunning reptile.

You think Satan exists who is actually God of the Bible and Satan is in fact the uncreated Creator? so that it was in fact the uncreated Creator who murdered Jesus and not a pawn of Satan? That's a contradiction because Satan is a created being and the uncreated Creator would have power over a created being so you contradict yourself.

Christians are not coerced. It's our free choice just as it is your free choice to reject Christ.

Almost all scholars agree the original Apostles believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings. It is as evidential as you can get with their testimony in the NT. So you don't need a time machine. They truly beileved it in their heart of hearts. Paul said he spent 15 days with Peter, and with John and with James, who conveyed to him the same eyewitness testimony. Again, people don't willingly die for a lie so you know they weren't lying.

If deception was fairly easy to achieve then how come you can't come up with a plausible scenario to account for their written record?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)


Forgive me brother, but here are the facts.

Satan is written as a fallen angel, who grows strong on our nature of ill.
You may be ill. I hope not, but your words betray a troubled reason.

For example;

Human beings lie all the time, throughout time...it's our nature. It was once said it was Satan that was constantly sitting upon our shoulder coercing us to tell, and think untruths and to be deceitful..i see you don't follow the scriptures as fully and wholley as i thought, or you would know that Satan enters our lives daily, and the human mind and soul must be ever on guard and vigilant to counter this fact.

The uncreated creator, allows us the free will to be free of evil or to embrace eveil, either knowingly or unknowingly. Satan would of course exploit this and does.

Human beings, by the grace of God, with intact free will decided to commit evil and murder the saviour...their free will. Their evil inspired free will. Their coerced free will.

Satan did not arrive after the saviour, Satan was always present in the heart and mind of human kind, just as God is. It is our gullibility, our shortsightedness and ignorance and free will to act on those disqualities, that allow the evil into human hearts and minds, to poison and corrupt with greed and power.

Because it is written, does not in anyway prove it is so written with a pure heart and mind.

Look around you...look what is written as truth in our time, look what is said with straight faces, and look what is pledged with an apprarent bleeding heart..and then look how much of it is truth and not posturing and coercion over the human heart and mind to garner wealth and power.

There comes a point when arrogance of belief is a sin in itself..when your feeling that your word is more worthy than that of your bothers or sisters word..it then becomes less the word of God and more the word of something else.

Take heed...make certain your shoulder is empty, and a beast is not in residence cleverly altering your mind and heart before you continue.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by Parture
 


Parture - What has been given is someone "belief", no evidence.
Hell even the earthquake as a sign is a guess, it may be this one or that one or even a third I don't know about?
I don't need to offer any evidence, I amstating that what is supposed to be evidence is just a belief.
I am not trying to convince others that my belief is the factual truth, that is the OP's preogative.
As yet he has not offered proof, just passages from a book that has been mistranslated by numerous people anyway to suit their own ends.

So what will Jesus look like - A long haired, sandal wearing hippy, a spiv in a business suit, a fatigue wearing Rambo with a machine gun, a Roman Catholic, a Southern Baptist or a Protestant?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Sailor Sam because: (no reason given)

What was given was evidence. If you don't think it is evidence then show it.
All the major Bible versions agree. No mistranslation. The NT is the proof belonging to the proper repository in the hands of those from the first century Apostleship.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by Parture

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by Parture
Of 6 billion less than 1% are Christian so at most 6 million Christians on the planet in 2000.


Maybe you should look at the SOURCE link I posted with those numbers. Or are you so afraid of the facts there?

What are you afraid of, Parture?

I showed you how the thinking in the link you gave me was faulty. Why avoid what I said and not respond?


Actually, it is your logic that is flawed. The link explains itself, and apparently only you are having difficulty with it. Why is that?

I explained to that link why 3 billion is a ridiculous number. Why keep avoiding my response?



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Originally posted by Parture
The Red Sea was parted naturalistically. This sort of event happens more than you would think. It was just the timing of it that was particularly amazing. How would parting a sea help the Jews? You're not thinking clearly?


So God had nothing to do with that either? Jesus Christ!! Does he do ANYTHING???



God stopped Hitler and taught that next time some evil tyrant tries to take hold stop appeasing him, but take him out.
God did nothing, it was the armies of the world that has to fight to defeat Hitler. God was nowhere to be found. He just sat back and watched millions die.

God was in the hearts and conscience of the allies to stop such evil. You killed Jesus and want Him back now to stop the killing? You seem confused. Which is it? How do we know you won't just try to kill Jesus again?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by Parture

Originally posted by MysterX
You're obviously discounting the possibility that Satan or his minions have done what they do best, and fraudulently presented the Bible as the word of God, when in fact they drafted the whole thing.

What better and more cruel joke to decieve the righteous could there be than to coerce Gods followers into actually following the words of Satan.

Unless you have a time machine / interdimentional travel system handy to go back and check the scribes were not under the influence of the beast when they wrote the scriptures?

Gods plan, could actually be Satans plan, and you could be following it obediently and fulfilling his counter plans for humanity to a T.

There would be no greater triumph for him than to use our gullibility and free will against us in such a way...and for the master of deception and illusion, it would have been a fairly easy thing to achieve too.

The 'word' may indeed be the words of a cunning reptile.

You think Satan exists who is actually God of the Bible and Satan is in fact the uncreated Creator? so that it was in fact the uncreated Creator who murdered Jesus and not a pawn of Satan? That's a contradiction because Satan is a created being and the uncreated Creator would have power over a created being so you contradict yourself.

Christians are not coerced. It's our free choice just as it is your free choice to reject Christ.

Almost all scholars agree the original Apostles believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings. It is as evidential as you can get with their testimony in the NT. So you don't need a time machine. They truly beileved it in their heart of hearts. Paul said he spent 15 days with Peter, and with John and with James, who conveyed to him the same eyewitness testimony. Again, people don't willingly die for a lie so you know they weren't lying.

If deception was fairly easy to achieve then how come you can't come up with a plausible scenario to account for their written record?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)


Forgive me brother, but here are the facts.

Satan is written as a fallen angel, who grows strong on our nature of ill.
You may be ill. I hope not, but your words betray a troubled reason.

For example;

Human beings lie all the time, throughout time...it's our nature. It was once said it was Satan that was constantly sitting upon our shoulder coercing us to tell, and think untruths and to be deceitful..i see you don't follow the scriptures as fully and wholley as i thought, or you would know that Satan enters our lives daily, and the human mind and soul must be ever on guard and vigilant to counter this fact

But I believe that. I guess your judgment is not so clear.



The uncreated creator, allows us the free will to be free of evil or to embrace eveil, either knowingly or unknowingly. Satan would of course exploit this and does.

Human beings, by the grace of God, with intact free will decided to commit evil and murder the saviour...their free will. Their evil inspired free will. Their coerced free will.

Satan did not arrive after the saviour, Satan was always present in the heart and mind of human kind, just as God is. It is our gullibility, our shortsightedness and ignorance and free will to act on those disqualities, that allow the evil into human hearts and minds, to poison and corrupt with greed and power.

Actually Satan was not always there. In the Garden of Eden Adam and Eve were sinless.


Because it is written, does not in anyway prove it is so written with a pure heart and mind.

Look around you...look what is written as truth in our time, look what is said with straight faces, and look what is pledged with an apprarent bleeding heart..and then look how much of it is truth and not posturing and coercion over the human heart and mind to garner wealth and power.

There comes a point when arrogance of belief is a sin in itself..when your feeling that your word is more worthy than that of your bothers or sisters word..it then becomes less the word of God and more the word of something else.

Take heed...make certain your shoulder is empty, and a beast is not in residence cleverly altering your mind and heart before you continue.

Look at the mistakes you have made in this one post of yours.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There are no mistakes in belief my friend, only in transposing the thoughts into prose.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
There are no mistakes in belief my friend, only in transposing the thoughts into prose.


I explained your mistakes which were not mistakes in mere prose. You didn't show otherwise.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parture
I explained to that link why 3 billion is a ridiculous number. Why keep avoiding my response?


Apparently the source I provided proves that it is true. God is a mass murderer.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parture
God was in the hearts and conscience of the allies to stop such evil.


Actually, God did nothing. He sat by and watched thousands suffer and die trying to help their fellow man. If there truly was a God, he could have stopped the fighting with one act.

God likes people to suffer. I think it must be amusing to him since he does it all the time.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Parture
 


So, that loving god will condem to hell a baby born in a jungle tribe that knows nothing about a bible? How does that work? Doesnt god need to be reasonable?



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parture

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by Parture
 


Parture - What has been given is someone "belief", no evidence.
Hell even the earthquake as a sign is a guess, it may be this one or that one or even a third I don't know about?
I don't need to offer any evidence, I amstating that what is supposed to be evidence is just a belief.
I am not trying to convince others that my belief is the factual truth, that is the OP's preogative.
As yet he has not offered proof, just passages from a book that has been mistranslated by numerous people anyway to suit their own ends.

So what will Jesus look like - A long haired, sandal wearing hippy, a spiv in a business suit, a fatigue wearing Rambo with a machine gun, a Roman Catholic, a Southern Baptist or a Protestant?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Sailor Sam because: (no reason given)

What was given was evidence. If you don't think it is evidence then show it.
All the major Bible versions agree. No mistranslation. The NT is the proof belonging to the proper repository in the hands of those from the first century Apostleship.


Thought the NT books werent actually written by the apostles and the earliest were written over a hundred years after christ. Also, the cannon is a collection of books that were selected by men to be included in the bible. And, this was all under the direction of the Roman Emperor who was attempting to use christianity as a control mechanism. ( state sponsored religion). In fact, Rome never really fell. It just changed its name to the roman catholic church.

Sorry, too much meddling with by man to be divine. To much suffering handed out by a god that is supposed to love us.

The alternate and probably more accurate translations of the bible paint a much different picture of what was really the message from the bible. Consider and question your faith. Unquestioned faith is called blind faith. Dont be led by those who preach dogma.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk
 


So then why are Christians advised to keep their eyes open for this ? Something has to tell them the time is here eventually. Otherwise everybody gets caught with their pants down.
That book of theirs does say there will be signs. Perhaps the exact hour and day will still remain unknown but surely there will be things these Christians can rely on to tell them its time. Not everyone will be unaware. (if you believe what that book says)



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
look up william miller


don't make predictions

and really avoid changing them once they pass



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parture

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
and i think that the antichrist has to stand in the temple and claim to be God.
and as far as i know the temple has not been built yet, and that there will have to be something major happen for the muslims to give up the temple mound.

don't get me wrong, i know God moves in mysterious ways. but until the temple is built i see no need in trying to guees at the date. which Jesus said no man knows.

The 3rd Temple will be completed by April 20, 2016, the 3rd day inspection of the lamb. There are 2300 days (Dan. 8.14) from April 21, 2016 to Aug. 7, 2022.

The middle of the Trib (Rev. 9.1) when the Antichrist stands in the 3rd Temple is Feb. 25, 2019.

They dont even possess the land yet. There is a muslim temple on the temple mount at this moment in time. That temple would have to first pass into the hands of Israel who would then destroy it so they can build the new temple. In less than four years? Yeah right. Do you see the nation of Islam giving up their temple any time soon? Do you see Israel taking it any time soon ? No me either.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U

Originally posted by Teye22
Last I checked, a year was not 360 days but 365.25 days....so these calculations don''t work.
Just sayin'


This has been explained in the thread. Please, read the whole thread before you reply.


So you're not just a soup Nazi, you are also a thread Nazi ?????



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parture

Originally posted by Teye22

Originally posted by Parture
..... Very simply He returns on the 2,520th day (end of Daniel's final seven) from when the Tribulation starts. 2,520 is the smallest number divisible by all numbers from 2 to 10 as a basic prophetic working unit, and it is 7 years x 360 days per year.


Last I checked, a year was not 360 days but 365.25 days....so these calculations don''t work.

Just sayin'

The Biblical year is 360 days. For example, from the declaration to rebuild the Temple Nisan 1, 444 BC (Neh. 2.1), there would be seven sets of seven; then another sixty two sets of seven after which the Messiah would be cut off (Dan. 9.25,26). That's a total of 69 sets of 7 or 173,880 days (7 x 360 x 69). That takes us to the day March 28, 33 AD Gregorian. The 4 day inspection of the lamb was March 28, 29, 30, 31. Jesus died on the cross Apr. 1, 33 AD, Friday, Passover. Satan calls it April Fool's Day. So you see the Bible uses 360. Another example would be Ezekiel's prophecy on his side for 390 days. This prophecy takes you to the month of May, 1948 when Israel would become a nation again using 360 day years.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)
So I've lived in this mostly Christian nation my whole 55 years and I've never heard any of this. You makin stuff up on the spot or what? The passover season changes every year and has to do with the moon phases not the actual dates on any calendar. April fools day?? For real ???? I hope you dont have children your teaching this crap to. You'll have a passel of confused individuals.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parture

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Parture
 


I think you got that wrong. Antichrists are people who try to disrupt Christianity or Blasphemy the wholly ghost. Just because someone isn't a christian doesn't necessarily make them an antichrist. As long as they don't bother Christians they are just people. That's how I've understood it all along anyway. People who aren't Christians are not the enemy of Christians. If Christians aren't supposed to judge others how can they call someone an Antichrist if the person has not talked evil of their beliefs.

Nobody can blaspheme the Holy Spirit today because that is only possible when Jesus is on earth either when He was here before or when He returns.

Everyone who rejects Christ in their own way tries to disrupt Christianity. They can't stay silent about it forever. Even the simplist gesture of not acknowledging Christ in some setting when challenged is disruptive.

People who aren't Christians are enimies of Christ. They will go to Hell. This is why when Jesus returns He with His overcomer believers, they will reign over unregenerates, antichrists, the unsaved, with an iron rod.

The Bible doesn't say Christians aren't suppose to judge others. It says rather by what judgment you judge you will be judged, so you better not be guilty of the same judgment, otherwise that's a doublestandard.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)


I know there are more than a few Catholics that will disagree with this whole tirade. Especially the part about the Holy Ghost. That Trinity is everything to them.




top topics



 
4
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join