It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian general acknowledges nuclear threat by Iran, N.Korea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Russia has for the first time acknowledged the nuclear threat posed by North Korea and Iran. During a televised interview with Russia Today on Tuesday, the country’s Army General Nikolai Makarov said that according to a joint analysis conducted with the U.S., there is a “probability that the threat exists.” The general added that Russia agreed on the need to create a missile defense system. Previously, the Russian Defense Ministry has said that there is no nuclear threat from Pyeongyang or Tehran since they don’t have the capacity to build or deliver nuclear weapons. His remarks followed various foreign media reports indicating that North Korea has completed the preparations for a third nuclear test. –Arirang

Wow! A huge win for the cause against Iran and N Korea. Finally, someone in high regard in the russian community has admitted the impending threat. Something must be done soon. Even though they may not be able to strike US soil(fingers crossed) it would be devastating in any area of the world. Millions, if not more could be affected. Im sure china will be soon to follow with regards to this. Now, we just need to get those two countries free from being dependent on Iranian/syrian oil, that may change their minds as well

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yeah but the Israeli Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz feels that Iran isn't going to pursue them

IDF chief to Haaretz: I do not believe Iran will decide to develop nuclear weapons

That's the headline, but he never explicitly says that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Take down their theocracy and leave the country the power plants. The Theocracy is the threat. Take out the "you serve Shaitan now DIE!!! *red button followed by mushroom cloud*" and the problem is solved.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You both post excellent replies. I agree, that would be ideal, however, probably not feasible unfortunately

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 25-4-2012 by reclaimed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here's the actual RT article with the video interview with this General, rt.com...

Basically the General admits that there is always a threat but doesn't specify that Iran or North Korea have a nuke. He does fear nukes falling into the hands of terrorists though. Who isn't? And terrorists come from all nationalities, religions, and race.

RT has a new article (rt.com...) talking about Israel's Military Chief stating that Iran has no nukes and isn't working on a nuke program. American intelligence agencies have been reporting the same. Now as far as North Korea goes, who the hell knows, besides intelligence communities. All I know is I don't trust Kim Jong-un and would be worried about what he's up too.

You know what else is kinda ironic. The General talks about knowing that there are countries out there who have nukes but aren't owning up to that fact. This coming from Russia who has lost how many nukes?
edit on 25-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Exactly.

Not to mention, he admitted that there was a probability of a threat, not that there actually was one. So, again, we're playing speculation, not based on true / hardcore evidence. His views are quite understandable, as I'm sure most would agree with what was said about the worry of nukes falling into terrorist hands.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

allready posted

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Basically the General admits that there is always a threat but doesn't specify that Iran or North Korea have a nuke.

North Korea has Nukes.

We know it, China knows it and the rest of the world knows it. I think the Russian General might want to read up on current affairs.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't understand, I'm further confused by this.

The general states that there is a probability of threat, not an actual threat as they actually don't know of the capabilities of Iran or NK.

What they DO know is that these two countries are immensely unprepared to deliver nuclear warheads at long or even medium distances and do not have the technological know how, in order to produce an actual nuclear war head.

Which has been confirmed time and time again by the American-Israeli and UN talking heads.

How is this "opinion", without facts, somehow indication of fact?

"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation nor does truth become error because nobody sees it."

~Tenth
edit on 4/25/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What Iran has been doing has only been increasing the Islamophobia and I've been suspicious about them for a long time.

My suspicions were confirmed.....

You've all seen the western celebrities and political leaders like Bush and Obama flash the baphomet horned devil handsign... right?

Now take a look at this..

Now.... there's another nwo satanist for ya.
No surprise really since Iran is Shia Muslim, a perversion of true Islam.
..... so now you know, Iran's leadership is in on the same evil your governments represent.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

That article feels like propaganda in my view. Because look.

Previously, the Russian Defense Ministry has said that there is no nuclear threat from Pyeongyang or Tehran since they don't have the capacity to build or deliver nuclear weapons

Russia has for the first time acknowledged the nuclear threat posed by North Korea and Iran.

North Korea and Iran are Russia's allies
Again if there is a war agaisnt North Korea and if America Takes over NK.

NK will be a one ticket to attack China and Russia.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosniaque

that photo looks Photoshopped, as i haven't a single news source for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
1. How about you read the report before getting triggerr happy
2. How about you really think about your position deeply
3. Anyone advocating regime change.... How well has that proved to turn out over and over again?

The only thing we have learnt from history is that we have learnt nothing from history..... oh and that people are morons

top topics

join