It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Beauty of a Second. Feel better?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A short, one minute plus video made up of a compilation of various one second shots. They range from the simple to the extraordinary. Put together, it is an excellent piece.

The Challenge?

The Beauty of a Second

190 years ago Nicolas Rieussec recorded time to an accuracy of a fifth of a second. The chronograph was born.

To celebrate his invention we challenge you to “seize the moment” and capture the beauty of a second.

The subject? It can be anything as long as it celebrates the fragile beauty of this short-lived unit of time.

The format? Cellphone, high-end digital camera: as long as your moving images last exactly one second and are shot in 16/9 landscape format, they can win.

The Beauty of a Second

The following is the latest installment. Click on the link above to view several more versions.

Uncomplicated, breath-taking, spiritual...beautiful.

Feel better?

Please share your thoughts.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

Feel better?

Please share your thoughts.

Peace.

Yes I do!
I'm not sure though if it's because of the humanity in the pictures or the music or the coupling of the two. Yes, I guess I AM sure it's the combination of the music with the pictures. It's interesting that it's a competition that in it's rules state that each piece of "beauty" can only be one second long but yet the beauty of the music is continuous. Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Happy to hear you feel better. I know I did.

You are so right about the music. Fits in seamlessly.

There is just something about simplicity that I've grown to love. With all the hub-bub and noise that surrounds us every day, this just makes me feel peaceful. Must be getting old I suppose.

Peace.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Hessling because: ETA

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I love the concept and have seen similar work by a guy called Kolby "Condor" Kirk who made a three minute video of his 1700-mile hike along the Pacific Crest Trail. Great stuff...

vimeo.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Looks to be nice stuff, going by his name he has Dutch roots too. Wim Wenders.

As the first person to reply noted, the music is the thing that helps suck us into to such displays of beauty, simplicity, wonder and...all the rest. Much like a movie can illicit a more physical emotional response from the viewing public at the right moment, music. The bastards! I feel helpless now when watching movies but thankfully I do it alone. There's no annoying person afterwards going "Are you crying???" in a loud and embarrassing voice
That's just what Pixar can do to me, never mind documentaries or other "adult" movies...

edit on 25/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for your reply.

I feel helpless now when watching movies but thankfully I do it alone. There's no annoying person afterwards going "Are you crying???" in a loud and embarrassing voice

I thought I was the only one.

Try what I do. When I go for the tissue, I say, "Damn allergies".

(I don't have any allergies.)

edit on 25-4-2012 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

LOL @ tissues. I used to laugh at my Dad when he used to shed a tear while watching TV all those years ago. He used to "cough" but it was never his usual smokers cough, this was a different cough he would try and disguise. In other words, everyone knew he was having an emotional moment.

All the way up to 25 or 30 I could watch anything and it just didn't affect me that way. I guess I grew up or grew empathy or grew or depleted some other quality or vice. Now I'm like a my-little-pony-combing little girl.
And I'm male!

top topics

join