It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral-projection training (seeking psychic travelers)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by larnhr
reply to post by Realtruth

I read your guide and it is pretty accurate, but I would like to let anyone who tries this and succeeds to be careful of your thoughts. When you are out of your body and you start thinking of a person or location, don't be shocked if you travel to that location or where the person is. Thoughts can be instantaneous. You will learn, with more experience, to control your thoughts.

I appreciate that.

The only things I did not cover were astral projection symptoms. Sometimes if people are having difficulties they will experience buzzing/vibrational state in the head area, while trying to project from the physical body. I don't believe there is any short cut to get through this other than just relaxing and getting used to the vibrations, then letting go.

And you are correct thoughts are extremely powerful. I think one of the reasons I didn't post about thoughts is that people will find that out rather quickly, my main goal was a simple guide to projecting.

RT

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietInsanity

There are many, many videos on youtube as well as books (if you have the time) that are souly devoted to how to overcome the fears of astral projection. Check em out.

The methods that calm me are the fact that you can NOT be physicaly harmed by A.P. and before you project aswell as during the projection completly surround yopurself with a bubble of white light. I know it sounds cliche but it really does calm the nerves. Kinda like how a kid uses his favorite blanket to keep the mosters away. The monsters are only in the kids head so aslong as he believes, the blanket will do its job.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This a very good YT vid to answer most of the questions

enjoy!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I've read numerous books on this subject and any drug you put into your body holds you back. Your body has to be free and clear of any substances. You're mind cannot be altered in any way, it must be clear and concise.
I too have tried to achieve astral projection, but failed. I may have come close but I got very scared when my whole body got that tingly feeling like goosebumps in my whole body, then my heart started RACING! I became very heavy and almost felt like I was sinking into my bed more. Because my heart was pumping so fast, I snapped out of it and hadn't tried since then.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am very interested in this topic and have been trying to astral project for some time now. If you have researched it, I am sure you know of many of the various websites dedicated to this subject. I used to be able to astral project when I was younger,and have been trying to re-learn that skill. Recently, I believe I came close. I had just lay down and started to relax when I heard what sounded like my dog barking. She only barks when she is scared, so I sat up. The barking didn't sound quite right, and my room seemed a bit crooked, so I did a reality check. I looked at my hands and my fingers seemed to disappear. That is when I realized that my body was in sleep paralysis and I was fully awake. I tried to get out of bed, but I was unable to. It seemed like my "astral" legs and physical legs were stuck together. I could sit up and move my torso any way I wanted, but my legs were paralyzed. Then i got a real heavy feeling in my body and lay back down. That ended that experience. If anyone knows how to get past that point or has any advice, please post so we can all benefit from the knoledge.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

I got very interested in this last year and myself and a co-worker/friend started trying to do it.

It was very frustrating at first as it was very hard for me to clear my mind and the techniques that I read about never seemed to work.

Another person overheard us talking about it one day, and he was very experienced in AP so he gave me a technique and after many tries (and some improvisation) it finally worked for me.

I will not go into detail about the entire experience, but will post what helped me actually AP.

This guy instructed us to use the hallway and door technique. Clear your mind, quiet dark place and visualize a hallway and then a door at the end of it.

I failed at this as every time I tried to form the hallway it would start to come into my minds eye and then as it narrowed and formed and I would try and see the door i would lose it.

I decided I would just try and visualize the door first and then make the hallway, I could not get the door in my mind clear either.

Finally one night, as I lay there saying over and over "there is a door, there is a door" thinking about the door just over and over, finally all of a sudden the most vivid detailed lightly glowing blueish green wooden door was floating right in front of me. (note: I could still feel myself in the bed and I was concious and not sleeping yet.)

I said well screw it, I am just going to open it. I did and there was the hallway, with another door at the end. This was very vivid and I still was concious of myself laying in bed.

At this point I had been instructed to put myself in the hallway and begin to walk toward the door, focusing on the physical feeling of my muscles working as I walked and the feel of the floor and so on. As I did this I began to disconnect from the reality of laying in the bed.

Then the panic feeling set in, as I began to feel a tingling in my whole body and especially my face.... It scared me so much it made me lose focus and return to laying in my bed. I was so furious at myself in that split second as I did not want to lose the moment, I immediately told myself, I would go back and force myself through the fear.

And thats what I did.. I put myself right back in the hallway and began walking... The detail of the walls was amazing and i still remember how it felt to walk...the tingling and epic fear returned, and I made myself keep walking and concentrating on the feeling of my muscles moving and the detail of the hallway and it got more intense and the fear was very intense...then I lost all sensation of myself in the bed and I was totally conscious in the hallway.

From there I moved on to the door and what lied beyond. I dont want to ruin your experience so I will leave those details out, but maybe this technique will work for you.

I havent had the time to try anymore because I havent really thought about it, as I have been very busy lately. Maybe I will give it another go.

Good luck!

edit: reading the persons post above me I just realized I left out the heavy feeling. It was very intense and combined with the tingling, sends you into a panic. Many websites talk about this (none of which I read until after I acutally projected). =). Push through the fear when it comes, because chances are it will. Just tell yourself you will not die and it will be ok and just push through it, when you get to that point.
edit on 26-4-2012 by AtcGod because: remembered a detail.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
To do astral projection you have to master meditation first or what? I'm interested too but i don't really know what are the 'requirements'.

Also, don't get me wrong but i've read the thread and it feels that most of your stories are fabulations. How can i experience something like this and stop being such a skeptical arsehole
?
edit on 26-4-2012 by Alexander382 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander382

Coming from someone who has only done it once, I would not call it full on meditation... First you really have to practice clearing your mind of all thought. This can be very difficult and the way I found to accomplish it was to focus on my breathing, in through the nose count to 3 or 4 then out through the mouth count to 3 or 4 and repeat. Focus on the breathing and just leave your mouth slightly open and relaxed.

Also lay somewhere in a way that is totally comfortable and natural for you without any physical or aural distraction. I.e. Make sure that there is not a lump in your bed that you can feel in your back, or that your pillow is bunched in a way that distracts you.

Once you feel you are only thinking about your breathing, then you can start to shift the focus to your astral projection technique.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
sleep no more than 4 hours, wake up and just chill for an 30minutes to an hour. after that go back to bed but on your back. allow your body and mind to fall asleep(will be noticed by irrational thinking) but stay awake. you will then reach a vibrational stage, when there try to pull yourself out. You many have auditory/visual hallucinations just prior to "leaving your body". so fear can be the biggest step.

I say "leaving your body" because you probably aren't really leaving your body. You're seeing it all within yourself as you experience waking life in yourself( consciousness constructing data). thats not to say something "mystical" isn't happening. the whole universe is contained within you. So for all practical reasons i think it's okay to say OBE

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
@AtcGod: I'm already trying breathing techniques and meditations, but thanks for the advice.

Also, how can you guys heal persons? Is it something you learn or you are born with? Can anybody do it? How much practice do you need and what type of meditation/yoga/whatever do you need to do?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I JUST GOT A GRATE IDEA!!!

A while back I was listening to a radio interview, the subject was astral projection and remote viewing. In the interview the speaker told us how we can learn remote viewing. She would take a folder and seal a picture in it. Give it to one of her students and tell them to describe the first images, shapes, color and most important emotions when they focused on the picture inside the sealed envelope. Threw the list they made they would try and guess what the picture was. She said that as they practiced they are able to get a broader perspective of what they wear looking at and eventually be able to pin point exactly what it was they wear trying to view. Well I found a site that can generate pictures at random.
photo.net...
Try and guess what the next photo is going to be by describing it in SMALL detail and emotional felling.

This is very similar to astral projection because its viewing something that you cannot physically see with your 2 eyes. In the past I have experimented with this threw chat. I had a friend in the UK, we would look at a home picture for 5min. While one person is looking at the picture the other one is trying to connect with the other person to guess what the picture was by describing it in allot of small detail. Most the time it worked well. I found that YOU CANNOT HOLD BACK The first thoughts that come to your mind are uselessly the best. No matter how absurd write down every describing thought and felling.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander382
@AtcGod: I'm already trying breathing techniques and meditations, but thanks for the advice.

Also, how can you guys heal persons? Is it something you learn or you are born with? Can anybody do it? How much practice do you need and what type of meditation/yoga/whatever do you need to do?

Healing is just like ANY talent. Take singing for example, damn near everyone has the ability to sing. Now how well they are able to sing is a completly different thing. Some are born with natural singing talent while others have to practice extremely hard to get it right, while others may never be good at singing.

Now just re-read the above paragraph again and replace the word 'sing/singing with heal/healing' and you will understand.

I was born with the natural ability to heal as I am a natural empath (type of psychic). I havnt got full control over it yet but I'm working on it. Healing is not done through concious thought. Its more on the subconcious/emotional level (if that makes sense to ya). So I CANT just walk up to someone that has an illness , place my hands on their head and say"BE HEALED". It has to come from much deeper than just concious thought.

If your interested 'reiki' is a good place to start. Aswell as strenghten your empathic abilities. Google/youtube is a wonderful thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
I say "leaving your body" because you probably aren't really leaving your body. You're seeing it all within yourself as you experience waking life in yourself( consciousness constructing data). thats not to say something "mystical" isn't happening. the whole universe is contained within you. So for all practical reasons i think it's okay to say OBE

Tell that to all the stiffs in the graveyard.

I thought it was all BS too, but I had what was call an involuntary OBE years ago. Until you experience it consciously and remember it's all here-say.

Good luck to you.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I JUST GOT A GRATE IDEA!!!

A while back I was listening to a radio interview, the subject was astral projection and remote viewing. In the interview the speaker told us how we can learn remote viewing. She would take a folder and seal a picture in it. Give it to one of her students and tell them to describe the first images, shapes, color and most important emotions when they focused on the picture inside the sealed envelope. Threw the list they made they would try and guess what the picture was. She said that as they practiced they are able to get a broader perspective of what they wear looking at and eventually be able to pin point exactly what it was they wear trying to view. Well I found a site that can generate pictures at random.
photo.net...
Try and guess what the next photo is going to be by describing it in SMALL detail and emotional felling.

This is very similar to astral projection because its viewing something that you cannot physically see with your 2 eyes. In the past I have experimented with this threw chat. I had a friend in the UK, we would look at a home picture for 5min. While one person is looking at the picture the other one is trying to connect with the other person to guess what the picture was by describing it in allot of small detail. Most the time it worked well. I found that YOU CANNOT HOLD BACK The first thoughts that come to your mind are uselessly the best. No matter how absurd write down every describing thought and felling.

thats exactly right. the pyshic thought is a very quick and subtle thought at first, i believe that changes as the mind become more and more still

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Tell that to all the stiffs in the graveyard.

I thought it was all BS too, but I had what was call an involuntary OBE years ago. Until you experience it consciously and remember it's all here-say.

Good luck to you.

atman is brahman (macro is contained in the micro) hard to say where the brain fits into thisbut i've had OBE and know that you're sensing information outside of you but i still think it is occuring within the brain.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've always wonder if Astral Projections are in fact just dreams. Like Lucid Dreaming, only you are in control of your dream and are able to do whatever you like and see whatever it is you want to see.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
I've always wonder if Astral Projections are in fact just dreams. Like Lucid Dreaming, only you are in control of your dream and are able to do whatever you like and see whatever it is you want to see.

I can assure you it is not just a dream.
I was fully concious of what I was doing and what drove it home that it wasnt a dream was that I saw my body. If you read @Realtruth's OBE expierence you will see that see also saw his body.

I have NEVER had a lucid dream to which I saw my own body , let alone in the exact place I fell asleep.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Was only just wondering. I can't seem to do it, is it even possible to Astral Project without hearing anything at all in the physical realm? I'm hard of hearing, completely deaf in my right with 80% loss in the other. I hope someone can try projecting without hearing their surroundings by using maybe ear plugs?

I believe Astral Projection is real though. There is no doubt in my mind about that, but had to poise the question regarding my skeptic point of view. But I know Astral Projection is widely used and cannot be proved as a fake. My question is, of all these hundrens of thousands of people who claim to be able to project no problem at all; then how come nobody choose to step forward to take on James Randi's million dollar challenge? Nobody ever did as far as I know.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join