It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral-projection training (seeking psychic travelers)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Im extremely interested in astral-projection and have done my fair share of study on the topic.

If you personally are capable of such abilities and can teach others, please join this thread. And show us your ways.

If you have experienced this by accident, I want to hear your first hand stories...

If you, like me, are interested... Feel free to join in and discuss this fascinating subject as it hopefully unfolds!

If you have a source that is particularly useful and would like to share it... Please do so, but it is first hand knowledge that I seek. Do's and dont's, tips and tricks, etc... That you personally used so as a discussion about these techniques/ideas can easily take place.

edit on 25-4-2012 by sparda4355 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm interested. Been trying for days so far to accomplish this but so far nothing. No matter how long I keep my eyes closed with my mind awake and body relaxed, I just can't seem to "get there".

This is probably why I'm considering going after other ways of accomplishing this through other means via a legal drug and a very strong one too.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Well personally I think using drugs alters and discredits the results... I wouldn't recommend it, but to each is their own.

What techniques have you attempted so far?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hey-- we could do some experiments ! If we could get a few people together we could practice. I've done a bit of reading on the subject and tried it too- but only casually, so I didn't get much for results. One way to practice, and test your abilities, is to attempt to project yourself somewhere you've never been, and then get confirmation later as to the accuracy of your description. This could work in a group or partnership experiment: say, someone leaves an object of interest on their coffee table and concentrates on it for awhile. Then the others attempt to "go there" and describe that object.

I have read studies where the success rate is a bit higher than mere guesswork would be. Remote viewing is a sort of astral projection.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

I'm totally down for this... I had a friend that i used to practice these types of things with and had a pretty good success rate, but we no longer talk.

What you are describing also reminds me of when I used to chat on the phone with girls as a kid. I would sometimes talk to girls whose rooms I had never been in and could occasionally describe their room layouts to a t...

Lots of fun none the less, let's see of more people want to play?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Drugs lowere the success rate. In order for the best results one must be completely sober and relaxed. Any sedatives affect your energy output. Also ANY doubt or hesitation.
Might I suggest to you binaural brain stimulation? Through audio frequencies you can achieve altered states of mind. Try looking up "hemisync" or brainwave entrainment.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Do the Gateway Voyage program @ TMI. It's in Faber, VA. Well worth the price. After completing the residential program (1 week long), use the home program to iron out the wrinkles. You can buy the home program used for a decent price online. Please read Monroe's 3 books before going to Faber. This is for real. If I can do it, anyone can. I am not a "natural" by any means.
edit on 4/25/2012 by SimultaneousFinal because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I have been interested in the topic for a very long time. I suggest you try audio frequencies to stimulate deeper levels of relaxation and awareness. Avoid attempting it close to a time when you are going to go to sleep because people have a tendency to just fall asleep with no results.
Avoid drugs!!! Make sure you are comletely comfortable and that there is nothing that can distract you mentally, like traffic, noise, dogs barking, etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm interested in it as well and had some friends help me in the past but lost track with them it was back when it was the cool thing to do. I think I got close a few times but rolled over and fell asleep. If this turns into some type of group thingy I'd definitely be up for this as I try almost every night before sleeping, also have a few books on it two being print and the other kindle so if some information is needed I can always pull it up.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

I would like to join this experiment if I may. I think this could actually work.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

What I meant by not using drugs was not using sedatives. Sedatives mess the whole thing up. they slow the mind down.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

"It" happens to me on a regular basis and I don't even know how or why. I have only had this experience while conscious once while inside the Great Pyramid of Ghiza, the other times it happened, I was sleeping. I do remember every experience especially the falling back in part. The sensation always wakes me up. I either jump in my bed or end up against a wall, wondering "how I got way over there".

The first time this happened that I can recall was after I completed the Egyptian Book of the Dead. I will not get into what happened to me and my husband unless you ask because it's a rather long story. After that experience, I went out and bought all kinds of books on the subject....but nothing ever really helped me understand why this was happening to me.

I have also had several strange events that have happened to me and my daughter. Events that we both thought were dreams but in fact could not have possibly been dreams, due to the fact that we both woke up with injuries that we had sustained in what we thought was a dream. I still ask myself, how could we have been in each others dreams and how could we both dictate the dream so vividly. Anyway....that's another story as well.

I am highly interested in this and seek the same as you

ETA
As odd as this sounds, I have taken courses in healing with The Golden Light Institute. These are the very people I travelled to Egypt with. All were from Mexico, South America and three of us from California/USA. Harold Moskovitz who runs this institute was one who was from the Los Angeles area, my self as well and one Native American from the Agua Dulce tribe in Palm Springs.

Harold and I had many of the same simultaneous experiences while in Egypt, it was truly amazing! I haven't talked to Harold in over ten years, but here's their website:

The Golden Light Institute

I would also like to add that I am not advocating nor promoting this institute, but I have travelled and learned many things from Harold Moskovitz.
edit on 4/25/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
well the easy way is to ingest certian mind altering substances ones with no experience in the area at all can have experiences like your talking about

Not recommended. Avoid even caffeine, cannabis and alcohol. Astral travel is a "lifestyle" for a while, at least. Training is fairly intensive. Everyone loves to trip balls but it's not the same as astral travel. Tripping is something powerful and useful but it's certainly not the same as leaving the body at will. There will be plenty of time to trip but not until you get the hang of controlling your mind.
edit on 4/25/2012 by SimultaneousFinal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Okay- try this

Try to see the mantlepiece in my living room. There are many objects on it, and one very notable object hanging just below the mantle shelf. It could be a good one to notice- it's readily identifiable and the color is in contrast to the woodwork- fairly easy to "see"

I'll meditate on it for awhile, not so much to make a telepathic connection, but to imprint some energy on it so that you might pick up on it easier. So you of course don't need to astrally project right this moment.

Do it whenever you're ready. No hurry - take days or weeks.

Of course, if you can see any of the objects around here it would show a great talent.

If you'd like, give me a clue about something over where you are and I'll try.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I just posted a simple guide to astral projection, since I have been getting requests on "How to" for months now.

Go to my last post, on my First OBE experience page.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have 25 plus years of experience, so your getting everything in a nutshell so to speak.

Peace out,

RT
edit on 25-4-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I've been trying for 2 years, though not constantly. Maybe thats my problem so I just fall asleep.

As I understand you really really have to want it and must have no Fear of what could happen.
And thinking, well don't try too hard on NOT THINKING as this is a distraction in itself....

There may be a drug way, but I won't go into detail because of the forum rules. I'll give a hint : god molecule

I often heard the easiest way of getting OBE's is to learn lucid dreaming first as you can switch between LD and OBEs
So start of with dreambook/realitychecks. Had one lucid dream some months ago and was so excited that I woke up immediately. Man I was p.....!

If you can get your hands on the book "Journeys Out of the Body" by Robert Allan Monroe, read it as it is the standard reference imho. Furthermore it will take the fear and uncertainty of what will happen once you are Out-Of-Body.
While his OBE's where unwanted, he was so fascinated that he established an institute where he experimented with volunteers and certain brainstates, induced by binaural beats.

Here he tells his story:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-4-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Salvia HAS been known to induce Astral Projection if the person uses it right. I'm not going to talk about what Salvia is because I got in trouble making a thread about it, so you'll have to do your own research on that because I'm not risking it.

I'm hard of hearing being completely deaf in my right with 80% loss in my left. When I do listen to Binural beats or any others; I have a feeling it doesn't change my brain state as it would a person with normal hearing. Don't ask why I think this, but I just do. This is why I'm trying the alternative, which is basically my last chance at being able to Astral Project properly.

I recommend people not to use it because it is NOT fun. It's best to do it the normal way.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by easy12
I've been trying for 2 years, though not constantly. Maybe thats my problem so I just fall asleep.

Your issue is that your doing it when your are not fully rested. Try early in the morning just, set your alarm 1 hour before you wake, then follow my simple guide I posted, on my thread.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thank you
and I saw your latest post about doing it early in the morning that's what it also states in my book but it seems so hard to try when your alarm wakes you up ( at least for me ) in a world where where time is everything, kind of wondering if there is other ways just as well (Asking this before I clicked the link)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join