It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Mind - More Importantly Mine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Now I know how this can look and please this is not about being self obsessed so do not judge me in that respect if you could. But as my life has gone on I have become to realise that my viewpoint is not that of the ordinary I always see things from a different perspective to that of the mainstream. I also realise that my own mind is not so normal, I think, say and do thinks that are not ordinary without even realising it, it takes a special type of person to understand me to see I am really a person worth knowing. My own personal life experiences have been traumatic and my thoughts have been erratic and extaordinary even to my standards. I can only base my own life experiences based on the lives I see around me and guage it with that, I realise I could be so much worse off but your unhapiness is relative to your perspective.

My trouble is that I have so many thoughts, many of them wacky, many of them totally against the grain that I think they should be shared for people to understand. Not understand me as such but to understand what the human mind is capable of. I would love to write a book but I am a poor communicator but how else can I get my story across?

My story is not that of anything where I get abducted or witness a murder but it is that of struggle and a constant state of trying to understand the enviroment, life and what our purpose is.I think things that don't exist and I see and observe things that others do not. I even find humor in things that others find bizarre. What can I do to open my mind to the masses, what can I do to realise if my mind is misfunctioning?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Why would you want to open your mind to the wandering masses?

Be thankful you're not one of them

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To make me feel more accepted. This life hinges on what we do whilst we are here. I would love to find that people actually appreciate my viewpoint. I want to be accepted even if I do not want to be one of the accepted. It is important I believe, but also I think it should equally be as important to understand what is going on and whatpeople are capable of imagining.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

edit on 25-4-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I don't believe for one second that I am. I just struggle with genuine accepted human emotions and responses and need to know why. Allowing people into my mind might result in finding someone on the same frequency or at worst result in finding somebody that can explain it?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Akragon

To make me feel more accepted. This life hinges on what we do whilst we are here. I would love to find that people actually appreciate my viewpoint. I want to be accepted even if I do not want to be one of the accepted. It is important I believe, but also I think it should equally be as important to understand what is going on and whatpeople are capable of imagining.

Why do you feel the need to conform to the masses to be accepted?

Heres some pointers on how if you insist....

1. Talk about everything celebrity...

2. Believe the loudest, most arrogant person you can find.... he/she clearly knows what he/she is talking about..

3. Accept your government can do no wrong... and all they do is for you... and those like you...

4. Buy the latest nifty stuff... make sure everyone sees it... just so you can brag about how awesome it is to the rest of the people who care....

5. Stick with the latest trends.... make sure you're always up with the latest in fasion...

6. Make fun of people behind their back... its cool

7. Disrespect everyone who doesn't share your view point...

8. Join your local denominational church.... because they know God... And they'll prove it if you give them your money....

*sigh*

I could keep going... but honestly this is making me physically ill...

Good luck my friend

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No I think you mis-interperate me. I want the masses to understand me! I have no affiliation with this society, it makes me sick in every way. My imagination takes me everywhere but here, I want to break free.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Just as I thought really, nobody quite understands where I am. I was hoping to discuss this but I don't think anybody is in the grove.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I AM.
I exactly know how you feel, mate. At least, I think.
I think ALOT, and sometimes, after almost 10 years reasearching esoteric knowledge, I have developped a peculiar way of thinking. I come up with VERY weird theories sometimes, I feel nobody can see what I see. You are not alone. Sometimes I think I'm half-crazy, and... who knows? Maybe I am...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It doesn't take a groove to realize everyone is different. Sorry I'm late to this thread.

What you are experiencing is Empathy. You are feeling other people's emotions, and they are interfering with your own.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
To further:

Most children are trained out of their empathic abilities by the time they reach five years of age. They are told by their parents, their siblings, their friends, and their teachers that what they are feeling is imaginary. Empathy, the simplest of human mental abilities, has been trained out of us during our upbringing, according to what society dictates at the time. We are told not to feel, not to reach out, and not to share our thoughts with others.

There are those who don't conform to social programming. You are one of them. You are picking up on too many other random thoughts, and that is why you think the way you do.

Interference of your own natural thoughts.

The solution?

Is one that easy?

Of course not.

But the solution for you is to study Zen Buddhism for 2 months. You'll be cured.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Who said OP wanted to be cured?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

From the last line in the OP:

What can I do to open my mind to the masses, what can I do to realise if my mind is misfunctioning?

The OP questions whether his mind is malfunctioning or not.

I offer a cure to the question. Zen Buddhism. It's a course of study, not a way of life, just like you have to complete a course in math or physics while in school. It's a good read. Everything is less confusing after learning Zen.

Sorry to offend, but I'm relaying opinions, not facts.

new topics

top topics

join