It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Stein, Marine Who Criticized Obama On Facebook, Will Receive Other-Than-Honorable Discharge

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I guess you're stuck talking about this now since you've obviously failed at convincing anyone of your point (whatever that was...something about Obama and the Third Reich), prior to me calling you a "Liberal" this occured.

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
here, the dictatorship your supposed security needs. Enjoy.

This guy is a true patriot. God bless his balls. I bet many Germans wished more people would have spoken out as Hitler gently seized power with similar policies and actions of our current and former presidents.

reply to post by EyesWideShut

I think they do. You don't. Fine. You are still morally and ethically wrong in not defending a fellow American in his obligation to keep people who hold office in public scrutiny. It may be in the rules that he can't. Everyone who is not anal retentive will agree with me. You, you can have your president loving fans try and punish him. Us American loving people will defend him. Call us emotional.

We are pissed about what our country has become, does that count as emotion?

repercussions. How about they stop messing with a people who are historically radical and who come from a Spartan society. Be careful, or the new Nazi party will kill me? ooooh.

look they have lost every time they tried to get installed in power. They will again. They are welcome to try. They should be ready for the repercussions, them and those that support traitors.

edit on 26-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

Now keep in mind the topic is about a Marine that criticized the president on Facebook.

So let's see.. You've made Judgements about my morals and ethics, implied that I was anal retentive, and implied that I was Anti-American. All while going on a "The President is Hitler and a dictator and this is the second coming of the Nazi's" tirade. You've authored "9/11 was our Reichstag Fire" and have the majority of posts in the " All Aboard the Auschwitz Express" thread. Your "America is the new Nazi Germany" wet dream is interfering with your capacity for rational thought.

Then you have the audacity to be outraged at the fact that I called you a "Liberal" & "Neocon" . C'mon man.

No matter what you type, people see truth...

I think we've both derailed this enough, if you want to continue , you can IM me. So Long...

edit on 27-4-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Good Riddance.
The racism against Obama is sickening..where was this guy when bush was in office?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Hi Eyes
If you are an American and actually have a steak in this, then this statement right here below is really so far off the mark your marksmanship ribbons should all be revoked.

"At the end of the day this issue has nothing to do with Nazi's , Communists , Obama , Bush, Jackbooted thugs , 1a suppression, thought police or newsspeak. It has to do with a Marine that couldn't follow the rules, the same rules that the rest of the vets on the board (with our wide spectrum of political views) managed to follow."

The true Americans that do not support warmongers of any party. The ones who have seen their life savings, the of lives of thousands of their loved ones, countrymen, and AMERICAN PRIDE squandered in the name of world domination think differently
. Yes OUR marine perhaps lost his job and a few bucks.
He will recover. And BY his actions I pray the world gets his MESSAGE loud and clear.
Thank you for helping to present it. No matter your opinion.ljb

"I did call that other user a liberal, but it's only because he was a neocon and I knew it would piss him off. "

Again not a partisan issue. A Universal issue. Working together is way cooler than pissing someone off.ljb
PS I will refrain from post the war atrocities you do know about as they make me sick to my stomach

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duceis
Good Riddance.
The racism against Obama is sickening..where was this guy when bush was in office?

Hi duc
See my post above.
thank you ljb

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

"All while going on a "The President is Hitler and a dictator and this is the second coming of the Nazi's" tirade. You've authored "9/11 was our Reichstag Fire" and have the majority of posts in the " All Aboard the Auschwitz Express" thread. Your "America is the new Nazi Germany" wet dream is interfering with your capacity for rational thought. "
=============================================================================
=============================================================================
Err so what are you saying here? Natzi's were freely elected by the German people.
So the above statement is wrong.
Do you then view the current Administration as===the POTUS is Lenin, and his cabinet, Marxist, Bolshiveks?? The POTUS has defended himself on live TV about these charges. Did he fail??
bewildered ljb

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So let's see.. You've made Judgments about my morals and ethics, implied that I was anal retentive, and implied that I was Anti-American.

where did I say those things about you?
TROLL stay on topic and stop making crap up. you know people can just click and see for themselves. You are the only person to insult anyone.

All while going on a "The President is Hitler and a dictator and this is the second coming of the Nazi's" tirade. You've authored "9/11 was our Reichstag Fire" and have the majority of posts in the " All Aboard the Auschwitz Express" thread. Your "America is the new Nazi Germany" wet dream is interfering with your capacity for rational thought.

you disagree with me...ok. I have presented facts about the American/ Nazi industrialists that associated with Nazi leadership. This was news and is archived in the library of congress. This you can check for yourself.
I made a thread about the similarities of 9/11 and what happened in Germany.....so what!?!
"My wet dream" what are you 12?

Then you have the audacity to be outraged at the fact that I called you a "Liberal" & "Neocon" . C'mon man.

honestly, TROLL

until you respond to my question about why you tried to troll me, I won't respond anymore to you. You seem to want me to PM you. Are you realizing now that this is not going so well for you publicly?.....I don't have the audacity of doing anything. I can't be a NEOCON and a LIBERAL since ideologies like that don't mix. You need a dictionary. That was an attempt to get me to respond emotionally. Want to derail this thread much? just because people disagree with you?

I didn't call you anti American. Please show me where I did. You admitted to saying those things to try and get a response out of me. Please look up the definition of internet troll. You tried to derail this thread instead of talking to me. Since I don't agree with your view you try to insult me. TRY. Instead of engaging me in dialogue to learn. You want sock puppets that agree blindly with you, just like shills. are you one? Your behavior is not your best defense.

I am glad you spent hours reading my posts and threads. Thank you I am honored. Every post I made in this thread was on topic. The problem is you are just a dumb animal that needs something to shoot for your brain to kick in. There I insulted you. Now we are even. and both off topic.

You admitted to trying to derail this thread by trolling me. All for what? Because I disagree with you?

You must be a delight to live with and have around.

No matter what you type, people see truth...
I think we've both derailed this enough, if you want to continue , you can IM me. So Long...

Yes people here are attune to trollish and shill behavior. You are the reason ATS has so much trouble winning back the faith of its members because we just don't know anymore. People like you come here to do damage and push their point of view. Not engage in intelligent conversation. You had many opportunities to respond to me with respect. You decided to act like a child instead of thinking.

my point is this.

consent of the PEOPLE suppose that there is a kind of original contract by which the subjects have tacitly reserved the power of resisting their sovereign, whenever they find themselves aggrieved by that authority with which they have for certain purposes voluntarily entrusted him.

while presence in the territory of a society may be necessary for consent, it is not consent to any rules the society might make regardless of their content. A second condition of consent is that the rules be consistent with underlying principles of justice and the protection of natural and social rights, and have procedures for effective protection of those rights (or liberties).

This marine was in his mind speaking out about his leader who he thought failed his nation. He was not on duty and did not do so as a marine. He did so as an American. The mentality of silencing someone critical to the great leader is reminiscent of Nazi Germanys sudden censorship of dissent. That is why I brought it up. I have been reading allot about it and it is what I can offer. I am sorry if you don't approve but you don't decide what I read.

People quoting the facts about the contract he signed are correct. The marines possible MO could have been one of invalidity IHO. The contract might not have been valid to him for some reason. I don't know. He may see his censorship and punishment as an infringement of his rights and that is why he chose to become an example. Who knows.

According to the will theory of contract, a contract is not presumed valid unless all parties agree to it voluntarily, either tacitly or explicitly, without coercion.
a supposed social contract cannot be used to justify governmental actions such as taxation, because government will initiate force against anyone who does not wish to enter into such a contract. As a result, he maintains that such an agreement is not voluntary and therefore cannot be considered a legitimate contract at all

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-4-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Admin? Did you mean OP/Original Poster? Or is the OP a staff member? I actually don't tend to pay attention to who is staff and who isn't so sorry for any confusion there.

I'm just trying to tackle the exact problem as presented, myself. Not the strong emotions on either side of it or the potentially greater issue. I don't know enough about military vs civilian laws to talk about the potentially greater issue.

Also, its Mugen. People calling me Mug is a slight pet peeve, sorry!
edit on 27-4-2012 by mugenginga because: Forgot to add a slight note on my username.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This marine was in his mind speaking out about his leader who he thought failed his nation. He was not on duty and did not do so as a marine. He did so as an American. The mentality of silencing someone critical to the great leader is reminiscent of Nazi Germanys sudden censorship of dissent. That is why I brought it up. I have been reading allot about it and it is what I can offer. I am sorry if you don't approve but you don't decide what I read.

Didn't he do all his posts with his rank, though? By doing that, he did do it as a Marine, right?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugenginga
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Admin? Did you mean OP/Original Poster? Or is the OP a staff member? I actually don't tend to pay attention to who is staff and who isn't so sorry for any confusion there.

I'm just trying to tackle the exact problem as presented, myself. Not the strong emotions on either side of it or the potentially greater issue. I don't know enough about military vs civilian laws to talk about the potentially greater issue.

Also, its Mugen. People calling me Mug is a slight pet peeve, sorry!
edit on 27-4-2012 by mugenginga because: Forgot to add a slight note on my username.

Hi,
Sorry about mug in u. Actually your tar says magengina wtf
I do that to save space and make it easy in my mind to remember you.
You will always be mug to me. BUT I will never address you that way on your request.
It's mug or just HI.
Administration THE current USA ADMINISTRATION.
The non emotional way is to look at the returning vets and not be emotional. Go to a VETRANS hospital and have a few games off chess with the boys. You may be surprised that you will have to move their pieces for them. Well unless they have mastered the use of a straw in their mouth.
Or you could choose to picture all and total casualties, civilian included. Then in a NON COP OUT way
tell us why this whole business is UN emotional.
waiting ljb

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
As soon as he established himself as a Marine and gave his opinions, he was speaking on behalf of the entire Marine corps and was speaking out against his commander in chief. He knew this was against the UCMJ and did it anyway and he got his punishment. He actually got off easy and for that he should consider himself lucky.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PissedOffMarine

How would Semper FI play out here?
Here is one I like ---

Semper Fidelis | Semper Fi | Marines.com
Honor, Courage and Commitment are the values that guide us - Semper Fidelis is the commitment that bonds us. To guard our nation is to guard its principles, becoming ...

Meaning Of Semper Fidelis | 5earch.com
5earch.com/Meaning+Of+Semper+Fidelis
Looking for Meaning Of Semper Fidelis? Stop Looking, Find it Here.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join