It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gary Stein, Marine Who Criticized Obama On Facebook, Will Receive Other-Than-Honorable Discharge

page: 4
10
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox
 


Paradox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox - Similarto Paradox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


A paradox is a statement or group of statements that lead to a contradiction or a situation which (if true) defies logic or reason, similar to circular reasoning.

Oh yeah so the soldier sent into harms way by the the ADMINISTRATIONS will GO scott FREE .
thanks defies logic
ljb
edit on Wed Apr 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS




posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parture
I've seen stranger things.

Hi par,
Me too! lol
I hope you are ALIVE and can comment on those THINGS
the best to ya DOA ljb



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If I have not properly replied to you.
It is because I need a nappy.
You all be good on my thrad while I go on a search and destroy mission in my sleep LOL
ahaaaa ljb
PS google SAM HUSTON
This will give you something to do while I sleep it off.
Sam Houston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Houston - Similarto Sam Houston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Samuel "Sam" Houston (March 2, 1793–July 26, 1863), was a nineteenth-century American statesman, politician, and soldier. He was born in Timber Ridge in ...


edit on Wed Apr 25 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by paradox
 


Paradox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[url]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox[url/] - Similarto Paradox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A paradox is a statement or group of statements that lead to a contradiction or a situation which (if true) defies logic or reason, similar to circular reasoning.

Oh yeah so the soldier sent into harms way by the the ADMINISTRATIONS will GO scott FREE .
thanks defies logic
ljb


Not sure I follow what you are saying.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by antonia
 

you really think keeping silent about wrongs is the noble thing to do? people who stand idly by and say nothing are just as guilty as the perpetrators of a crime.


No dear, what you consider to be wrong. You might want to remember everyone has different opinions on politics. Simply because you don't like someone doesn't mean they are doing wrong. What crimes has Obama committed other than being a Democrat?



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by antonia
 

you really think keeping silent about wrongs is the noble thing to do? people who stand idly by and say nothing are just as guilty as the perpetrators of a crime.


No dear, what you consider to be wrong. You might want to remember everyone has different opinions on politics. Simply because you don't like someone doesn't mean they are doing wrong. What crimes has Obama committed other than being a Democrat?

May I?? cat eyes are neat
What the tarnation does this have to do with the TOPIC???
dander ridden ljb



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If you think it's off topic report it. Honestly, I can't understand you so I just ignore you. I'm not saying that to be mean, I just really can't understand you at all. It's not your opinions, it's the way you type.
edit on 25-4-2012 by antonia because: added something



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If you think it's off topic report it. Honestly, I can't understand you so I just ignore you.

No you do not. cat eyes suk
Can you see the astronomical irony of your worthless post ??? duh a duh da



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If you think it's off topic report it. Honestly, I can't understand you so I just ignore you. I'm not saying that to be mean, I just really can't understand you at all. It's not your opinions, it's the way you type.
edit on 25-4-2012 by antonia because: added something


I know what you mean....

Kinda creeps me out sometimes.
edit on 4-25-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here's the problem.. there are two camp's

1) Camp Civilian
2) Camp Devildog (and our brothers/sisters in arms)

Camp Civilian is trying to interpret the UCMJ through civilian eyes and is using phrases like "I think, I feel" which are irrelevant in the military, no one cares how you feel & no one cares for your opinion. In the military you are obedient to lawful orders and that's it, end of discussion. This is what you signed up for, we all knew what we were getting into.

Camp Devildog is looking at this like "Really Bro!?! , you made a Facebook page badmouthing the CIC...that's at least 6 levels of stupid" We all know we've got our opinions, and when you're out of uniform , away from civilians and between friends you share them... but if you put it out on facebook for God and everyone to see, expect to get burned. I mean way to skyline brain!

At the end of the day, I'm sure If I pulled that stunt on a Lt with 2 months in the fleet, I'd expect "to be standing tall in front of the man" the next morning to get NJP'd. My C/O's favorite phrase was "Burn 'em!'" But when you Gaff off your Commander-In-Chief in public lol You've just served your self a nice frosty mug of "Stand the F*** By"

Even in the private sector, I'm sure if an email you typed degrading your boss somehow got BCC'd to him, you'd expect to be on monster.com and rewriting your cover letter the next day. this is no different.
edit on 25-4-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If you think it's off topic report it. Honestly, I can't understand you so I just ignore you.

No you do not. cat eyes suk
Can you see the astronomical irony of your worthless post ??? duh a duh da


this is like watching a slowmotion train wreck.... I feel awkward and I'm not even involved.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If you think it's off topic report it. Honestly, I can't understand you so I just ignore you. I'm not saying that to be mean, I just really can't understand you at all. It's not your opinions, it's the way you type.
edit on 25-4-2012 by antonia because: added something


I know what you mean....

Kinda creeps me out sometimes.
edit on 4-25-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)


Please explain why you and a fur ball can't stay on topic.
He wants a sign with an X trrough it .
What do you want ???
The same thing??
Duh sweeties Rember GARY STINE the topic of conversation???
Does he out shine you???
Tell us why??
ljb



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If you think it's off topic report it. Honestly, I can't understand you so I just ignore you.

No you do not. cat eyes suk
Can you see the astronomical irony of your worthless post ??? duh a duh da


this is like watching a slowmotion train wreck.... I feel awkward and I'm not even involved.


Hold on tight to the railing. Look over head.
Are you with me dude??
See the ring attached to the cord??
If you can see it post me a reply and then I will inform you as how to stop the train.
Untill then do you Have any one tiny winnsy bit of on topic knowledge or ignorance you uld like to share??



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Here's the problem.. there are two camp's

1) Camp Civilian
2) Camp Devildog (and our brothers/sisters in arms)

Camp Civilian is trying to interpret the UCMJ through civilian eyes and is using phrases like "I think, I feel" which are irrelevant in the military, no one cares how you feel & no one cares for your opinion. In the military you are obedient to lawful orders and that's it, end of discussion. This is what you signed up for, we all knew what we were getting into.

Camp Devildog is looking at this like "Really Bro!?! , you made a Facebook page badmouthing the CIC...that's at least 6 levels of stupid" We all know we've got our opinions, and when you're out of uniform , away from civilians and between friends you share them... but if you put it out on facebook for God and everyone to see, expect to get burned. I mean way to skyline brain!

At the end of the day, I'm sure If I pulled that stunt on a Lt with 2 months in the fleet, I'd expect "to be standing tall in front of the man" the next morning to get NJP'd. My C/O's favorite phrase was "Burn 'em!'" But when you Gaff off your Commander-In-Chief in public lol You've just served your self a nice frosty mug of "Stand the F*** By"

Even in the private sector, I'm sure if an email you typed degrading your boss somehow got BCC'd to him, you'd expect to be on monster.com and rewriting your cover letter the next day. this is no different.
edit on 25-4-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)


Difference is in this situation, And don't get me wrong about loyalty.
The civilians buy your boots in the corp if you are an American mercerary fighting man.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This guy is lucky he didn't get a dishonorable discharge. I think they looked at his past 9 years and let him get out with an OTH.
If anyone thinks this is okay to do then they really have no idea what it's like to be in the military.

edit on 25-4-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


If you think it's off topic report it. Honestly, I can't understand you so I just ignore you. I'm not saying that to be mean, I just really can't understand you at all. It's not your opinions, it's the way you type.
edit on 25-4-2012 by antonia because: added something


I know what you mean....

Kinda creeps me out sometimes.
edit on 4-25-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)


Please explain why you and a fur ball can't stay on topic.
He wants a sign with an X trrough it .
What do you want ???
The same thing??
Duh sweeties Rember GARY STINE the topic of conversation???
Does he out shine you???
Tell us why??
ljb


Well it's kind of already been discussed...he violated the UCMJ and a DoD directive.
Sucks to be him.

Case closed.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


you do not criticize your commanding officer or the commander in chief regardless of how much you disagree with them.. in fact you learn that rule day one.... just another excuse for people to bash obama and the government



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
offtopic: longjohn an antonia fight like cats and dogs..



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


you do not criticize your commanding officer or the commander in chief regardless of how much you disagree with them.. in fact you learn that rule day one.... just another excuse for people to bash obama and the government




Bull# ..regardless of where you work or what you do you have a brain and a conscience and the OBLIGATION to use it.. abdicating those two items of accountability to some prick who wants to slaughter people with impunity is a fools errand as YOUR actions come back to YOU allways ..' just following orders' wont cut it..not when you have to face your own self in the mirror.


Edit: Might I add that NO commander worth his stripes and any respect would give illegal orders let alone expect a soldier to obey illegal orders. Murdering civillians is still illegal you know..its called murder. I applaud this guy for speaking his truth..he'll be taken care of Im sure..and if not..he goes knowing he told the truth when it mattered to..not when it was popular. There is more honour in that single action than a thousand sauties over enemy territory.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Rosha because: editing...what else?



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:

"I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

 



Uh... Unless Obama ordered him not to say ***** on Facebook, he didn't break his oath. See, he would actually have to be given an order to break that order. In this case, he was just talking (a la free speech).

Words are not actions.




top topics



 
10
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join