It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City Bus Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have a friend who is travelling from Toronto to New York City in the next couple of days. She is travelling by Greyhound bus and her ticket says that the final destination is New York NY GCT.

I interpret that as New York NY Grand Central Terminal.

She says that she thinks that the bus is supposed to go to the Port Authority Terminal. I checked and found out that interstate bus services do go to the Port Authority Terminal.

These two places are a few blocks apart, as I understand it. She is being met by friends in New York and doesn't want a mix-up if it can be avoided. Does anyone know for sure where she is going to wind up when her bus arrives in New York?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

I also think its Grand Central terminal, that should be the last stop. There should be a phone number to call or you can ask at the terminal before they leave. Better to know in advance, in case something changed.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Buses go to Port Authority - Only trains go into Grand Central.

I'm thinking the GCT may stand for Greyhound Canada Transit and not the destination. The destination is definitely Port Authority.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Yes. I may have to resort to "hanging on hold" or clicking through a labyrinth of numerical choices.

My friend may have gotten off the bus one stop early on her last trip to New York and actually have missed the final jog to Grand Central Terminal, or she may have missed the Grand Central Terminal stop and gone on to the last stop, the Port Authority Terminal. Whichever. She is from Nepal and would have been nervous and uncomfortable asking the bus driver for more information.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanks for the information. My friend is also sure that it must be the Port Authority, but she did say that there was a mix-up the last time she was there and her friend couldn't find her.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Heres the link to there site www.grandcentralterminal.com...

Does look like trains only go there now. Was a time long ago when you could catch a bus there or get dropped off. Times have changed.

Also when you cross the border they make everyone get off of the bus with your luggage as you have to go through security. If you were to take the Amtrak they hold you up for about a hour and a half as they come on the train checking everyone. They bring the drug sniffing dog on the train.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Port Authority for buses Grand Central for trains.
two blocks from times square

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

I downloaded a map of the Port Authority Terminal and sure enough Greyhound has all sorts of facilities there. Now I am trying to find out on what level and at what general area, north or south terminal, the bus will arrive.

edit on 25-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've got a list of the gates from the map of the terminal. I guess I'll just give her the list showing the level of gate and which terminal it is in, so that she can at least orient herself and find her way to her friends when she sees what gate the bus has pulled into.

Here are the Gate Numbers and their Locations for others in need:

GATES 1-56 SOUTH TERMINAL SUBWAY LEVEL

GATES 60-85 NORTH TERMINAL SUBWAY LEVEL

GATES 200-234 SOUTH TERMINAL SECOND LEVEL

GATES 401-425 SOUTH TERMINAL SECOND LEVEL

GATES 301-326 NORTH TERMINAL THIRD LEVEL
edit on 25-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join