The Masons discovered the highest truth on Jesus and the Essene centuries ago.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

A simple Google search on "go to stool thereon" yields 33.6 million results.

Kinda my point about the other member's "simple request being born from laziness". All he had to do was a simple Google search. I've read the book. And I wanted him to search and find it, the member has already show a propensity for believing nothing I bring to the thread. He'd need to search for it himself, he refuses to take my word for it.

I appreciate you proving my point that it could have been located with a simple Google search.

After reading some if it, one can surmise that Josephus didn't like the Essenes very much.

NOBODY DID. The Pharisees and Scribes even couldn't stand them because they were ultra-Legalistic.

edit on 29-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Here is a free e-book download to save you a trip to the library:

Judean Wars 2

Volume 1b in "'s Josephus Project" contains "Book 2 of Josephus' Judean War" (translation and commentary). This book deals with a period of enormous consequence: from King Herod's death (4 BCE) to the first phase of the war against Rome (66 CE). It covers: the succession struggle, the governments of Herod's sons, Judea's incorporation as a Roman province, some notable governors (including Pilate), Kings Agrippa I and II, the Judean philosophical schools (featuring the Essenes), various rebel movements and the sicarii, tensions between Judeans and their neighbours, events leading up to the revolt, the failed intervention of the Syrian legate Cestius Gallus, and preparations for war in Judea and Galilee. The commentary aims at a balance between historical and literary issues.

Too late I had already found the quote you referred to but thanks anyway
It is hard to know what to believe
Many accusations were leveled against Jews and Christians also for political gain.
At least they the Essenes did not eat baby's.

I saw an old Nazi propaganda film once.
It showed inmates in a mental institution and likened them them to vermin
One shot showed inmates eating leafs off bushes to show how "Crazy" they were
I was a child at time and easily believed everything I was told - after all why should people lie - Lieing was not on my horizon of innocence then.
However in later years I realized those poor inmates were actually starving and being starved - yet smart enough to know that some leafs are actually edible.
To cut a long post short
Why should I believe anything a person with an agenda has to say

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It sounds as though you're using your knowledge of these people to knock the rest of their organization...whom you DON'T know.

I can only give my observational experiences from people I know or have worked for wouldn't you agree? My dad also can't stand the Shriners. But I was correcting the other member's post that said the Masons had to be "moral" and "attend church".

They don't. lol

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Why I despise denominational Christianity.

That is not a very Christian attitude to despise
Sarcasm yes indeed

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Josephus was just one historian who wrote about them, I also included Roman and Christian historians as well. Multiple attestations from numerous sources, persuasions, and affiliations. And when we see how Jesus felt about the folks that would elevate the traditions of the elders to the level of God's Word in Mark 7.

He mocked them and said they made God's Word of "None effect", and said they honored God with their lips but their hearts were far from Him and their worship was completely "in vain".

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Sarcasm yes indeed

Jesus despised sectarianism, legalism, and the tradition of the elders. Christians should hate the things Christ hated and love the things Christ loved. And hating an abstract organizational concept isn't hating a living person.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'd like to respectfully challenge you regarding your claims of "Jesus did not claim to be God".

I'll await your response before commencing my rebuttal.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Josephus was just one historian who wrote about them, I also included Roman and Christian historians as well. Multiple attestations from numerous sources, persuasions, and affiliations. And when we see how Jesus felt about the folks that would elevate the traditions of the elders to the level of God's Word in Mark 7.

He mocked them and said they made God's Word of "None effect", and said they honored God with their lips but their hearts were far from Him and their worship was completely "in vain".

Yes Read Mark 7 nothing is said about Essenes - he spoke the words you quoted referring to others - no Essenes were mentioned- we already did that one posts ago.
Just to clarify Jesus did not mock the Essenes again we have already discussed that
You can read many thing by many people and come to what ever truth you wish
But do you know any Essenes and spoken with them have you spoken with Jesus or walked with him - NO

edit on 29-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Sarcasm yes indeed

Jesus despised sectarianism, legalism, and the tradition of the elders. Christians should hate the things Christ hated and love the things Christ loved. And hating an abstract organizational concept isn't hating a living person.

There you go again saying Jesus thought this said this despised them despised those
Speak for yourself you do not represent Jesus
Thought Jesus loved all and did not condemn

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't think we can refer to this as true knowledge being used in a logical way. Most of what I continally hear is a smear game over one person's personal issues with one side of the family.

It is appearing more and more that what the issue for one person has become what sounds to be parental rejection. He needs a doctor, not a forum to waste everyone's time with his personal family trauma and trying to place himself in the right.

A Masonic taught Father won't be very proud of a kid that can't follow higher learning, which the Masons all know so well. They won't be close and there will be a distance. What is playing out here is something that is also playing out in the family differences, no doubt.

If the person goes around Masons with his illogical beliefs and lets those out, there won't be acceptance in that peer group and they'll likely not be offering tips to those they consider out of balance with truth. They are going to be cold as ice to such individuals.

So, we see every little tiny thing from the kid that can be tossed out to attack the Essene and those that mimic the Essene's benevolent designs, as in the Masons like training. Then we see the kid take up every little thing he can find to deny the Masons and the Essene teachings, which the Mason's mimic.

Pottty habbits on Saturday is nonsense and mud tossing, and really doesn't even belong. All that means is they didn't go in the house, and I'd dare say somebody had to go outside. Again, more attempts to mislead. Seems all too many of these so called Christians are into name calling and slurs, when they can't support their miracles.

This is why there are so many personal issues with this one person, which doesn't do much for the general discussions on the broader scale. It all appears to be about disruptive behaviors to attempt to vindicate himself in his parent's eyes, attemping to make himself right. This then drags out into public Forums, and run on name calling trivia. Thus, always Using some slight and misleading support from wayward organized churches that also don't like the Mason's greater knowledge, nor would even recognize the Essene.

Such is the disruption of logical issues to avoid the truth being told for the understanding of the narrative's couched in the correct knowledge of the times.

edit on 29-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Person family issues don't need to be part of general religion discussions.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Christians should hate the things Christ hated and love the things Christ loved.

Good, then start with respecting what he said:

ebionite.com...

Perhaps more importantly is the fact that Yeshua referred to himself as a prophet, as seen in the words: "But Jesus said to them, ‘A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house’" (Matt 13:57 RSV). When conversing about his crucifixion, Yeshua again spoke of himself as a prophet, as seen where it is written: "Yes, today, tomorrow, and the next day I must proceed on my way. For it wouldn’t do for a prophet of God to be killed except in Jerusalem!" (Luke 13:33 NLT). Thus, Yeshua told his disciples and followers that he was a prophet.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

I've never said He wasn't a prophet. He made many prophecies.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sarcasm yes indeed

There you go again saying Jesus thought this said this despised them despised those
Speak for yourself you do not represent Jesus

Mark 7:5-9

5Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

6He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of YOU HYPOCRITES, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

7Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yes Read Mark 7 nothing is said about Essenes.

Dear God, if He said it to the Scribes and Pharisees the same applies TO THE ESSENES! In fact, they were much more legalistic than the Scribes and Pharisees ever were.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Dear God, if He said it to the Scribes and Pharisees the same applies TO THE ESSENES! In fact, they were much more legalistic than the Scribes and Pharisees ever were.

But he really never said a bad word toward the Essenes, even when he openly defied their tradition. I do believe it is because Jesus was raised Essene by Mary and Joseph. The Essenes were his cousins and uncles, etc. You know "Honor thy mother and father,"

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

He rebuked the Scribes and Pharisees because they bad mouthed his disciples - I do not see the Essenes bad mouthing them do you? - Perhaps there is a lesson for you learn also from Mark 7

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

He rebuked the Scribes and Pharisees because they bad mouthed his disciples - I do not see the Essenes bad mouthing them do you? - Perhaps there is a lesson for you learn also from Mark 7

Look at the red text. None of that says "for badmouthing my disciples." He tells you why He calls them hypocrites and why their worship of God is "in vain".

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

But he really never said a bad word toward the Essenes, even when he openly defied their tradition. I do believe it is because Jesus was raised Essene by Mary and Joseph. The Essenes were his cousins and uncles, etc. You know "Honor thy mother and father,"

Okay, believe what you want to. Follow the law to a "T", then add hundreds more rules to it that the elders make up. Be Essenes, I don't care.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Lol - Red text hurts my eyes it is like when Bible nuts underline passages in red and shove it you face trying to convert you to their truth
And then totally ignore anything you have to say because they take it all so personally

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You apparently do not know what he did to the pharisees who called the Holy Spirit a demon. If you think he doesn't enter into judgement with people, well there's plenty of evidence lying around the desert that says different...if you know what to look for. Me showing you who he is does you no good, you wouldn't believe me anyway, he has to show you that revelation. Very few believed him when he said who he was back then, very few believe him to this day.

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join