It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons discovered the highest truth on Jesus and the Essene centuries ago.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Why I despise denominational Christianity.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Why I despise denominational Christianity.

Well, the thing that irritates me is they all think their own way is right, but the true church is not an institution of legal laws. It's a spiritual brotherhood, brothers and sisters spiritually bound to eachother through our God-King. We only have one authority. As much as i would like to know Simon Peter or Paul, theyre all dead until resurrection day and i am not about to pray to a dead brother, thats like ancestral worship.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Looks like the Mason and the rest of the world were smart enough to read and understand, and value the words of Jesus. Others just made things up so as to well depart from the truth and respect for Jesus own explanation:

ebionite.com...

Perhaps more importantly is the fact that Yeshua referred to himself as a prophet, as seen in the words: "But Jesus said to them, ‘A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house’" (Matt 13:57 RSV). When conversing about his crucifixion, Yeshua again spoke of himself as a prophet, as seen where it is written: "Yes, today, tomorrow, and the next day I must proceed on my way. For it wouldn’t do for a prophet of God to be killed except in Jerusalem!" (Luke 13:33 NLT). Thus, Yeshua told his disciples and followers that he was a prophet.

Rather impossible to miss what Jesus said, except for these people of the fairy tales involved in their self aggrandizations of making mircles. It would appear that this failure to note the obvious is by design and about deceit, else it is hard to explain missing the words of Jesus.

The most interesting thing about Jesus survival is the study of Myrrh. Myrrh's main magic for Jesus was the astringent power to stop bleeding. Myrrh's special magic is used in a lot of healthy toothpastes these days.

www.organicfacts.net...

◦Astringent: Myrrh Essential Oil is an astringent. It strengthens hold of gums on teeth, contracts skin, muscles, intestines and other internal organs. It also affirms grip of scalp on hair roots, thereby preventing hair fall. One more serious use of this property can be seen in stopping haemorrhage, when this astringency makes the blood vessels to contract and checks flow of blood.

In the temples of old, the Myrrh was part of the healing incense of the temples, and the modern day version of the technique is called aroma therapy.

Myrrh was so special in the old days that it was part of the temple worship process for god, and it was also the very roots of what would become medicine and the invention of medicine by the Greeks and Hippocrates.

www.heaven-and-earth-home-remedies.com...

Hippocrates, ( the father of modern western medicine from which the Hippocratic oath taken by modern western doctors), greatly expanded the knowledge of plants and aromatherapy oils as medicine and is quoted as saying "let your medicine be your food and your food be your medicine".

Galen, the doctor to the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius, started as a doctor for the Gladiators and became famous for never having a Gladiator die from their wounds while under his care.

www.history.com...

According to Touwaide, myrrh appears with more frequency than any other plant substance in the writings of the Greek physician Hippocrates, who revolutionized the field of medicine in the fourth and third centuries B.C. The Roman historian and botanist Pliny the Elder, who recommended frankincense as an antidote to hemlock poisoning, wrote in the first century A.D. that the pricey dried sap had made the southern Arabians the richest people on earth.

Really odd how those with the games to cover up the truth can't seem to speak of the obvious things that totally dismiss their faked up story.

edit on 29-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Pitiful conjecture of toilet training-----bottom of the barrel smear games against the Essenes

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yep. They elevate their traditions of their elders to the level of scripture. There is a big difference between principles and tradition and traditionalism. I'm against the Legalists and the tradition of the elders.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks for all this excellent information and knowledge.I am only onto page 4 due to having a quick look (and saving) the links for later.I am greatly interested in the hidden and true meanings of the bible through it's symbology,numerology,mythology and archetypes,which makes sense when looking at it with this approach,(rather than taken literally,which is impossible for any sane person)
I have only read a little of the essenes but will definately get back to it again soon.
I will also add that my Grandfather was a freemason (long passed away now) he was a very well liked and highly respectable,genuinely caring man and there is absolutely no way he would have got involved in any form of "evil" deeds (as some on here believe freemasons are all about)
With that said,I'll get back and continue reading!
s & f's

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I am not saying you are making it up but you quote "go to stool thereon".
Can you link to any source that says

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

The Founding Tennants for Masons is they have to be of high moral character, and they attend churches, hold offices, and one can find them everywhere if you know their symbols. If anyone learns the signs and symbols and speaks with intelligence and respect with them, they do share and like to help.

I so wholeheartedly agree! There was a time in my life when my little 5 year old daughter was burned really bad, and the Mason Brotherhood stepped in, and paid off a $100,000+ hospital bill, and transported my daughter to a Shriner Burn Center where she was offered the best of care for the duration of her hospital stay, at No Charge to me. I will not stand by and watch such a charitable organization be trashed without speaking out.
Iason321, you need a lesson in human kindness.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes, the Masons do many good things. As in the times of the Essene, they also took care of the sick. And the Mason do this same sense of good and stewardship toward others. The initiation rights to either are much the same.

Jesus and the Essene knew some of the biggest medicine of their times and were no different than the Greek school of medicine that existed 500 years before Jesus times around the times of Pythagoras School. The Greek Hippocrates healing and what the Essene taught as healing were one in the same.

And we can find Lazarus, who had serious problems with Leprocy, and that Myrrh is effective on Leprosy:

www.history.com...

Though perhaps best known for their use in incense and ancient rituals, these substances—both of which boast proven antiseptic and inflammatory properties—were once considered effective remedies for everything from toothaches to leprosy. “We have textual—and also archaeological—evidence that both frankincense and myrrh were used as medicinal substances in antiquity,” confirmed Alain Touwaide, a historian of medicine at the Institute for the Preservation of Medical Traditions and the Smithsonian Institution.

And Leprosy slowly kills, unless someone teaches them the healing power of Myrrh, In doing these acts of benovolnce toward others they are healed and recalled from the tomb.

Myrrh is also an age old treatment for burns, so perhaps the Masonic benovelence for burns began with their studies of Myrrh and old Essene, Greek, and Egytpian medicines:

www.woundsresearch.com...

The use of myrrh as a wound salve is mentioned in the Smith and Embers papyri from Egyptian writings of 2500 BC. In 1370 BC, Pharoah Amenophis IV, husband of Nefertiti, received a request from Milkili, one of his military lieutenants serving in Palestine saying, “And let the King, my Lord, send troops to his servants, and let the King, my Lord, send myrrh for medicine.”1 It was said that he refused to fight until the physicians with his troops had enough supply of myrrh to treat all the wounds that would be suffered in the battle. In the first century AD, Celsus recommended a lotion of wine and myrrh for treatment of burns.2

edit on 29-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Old World Medicines and New World medical care

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

I am not saying you are making it up but you quote "go to stool thereon".
Can you link to any source that says

No, I've told you already. Josephus records all the rules the Essenes kept for themselves in "Judean War 2" (War #2). War #2 covers the period of time from Herod's reign to the first war with Rome. (Jesus' era)

www.amazon.com

It's a very expensive book, I suggest finding it at your local library.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Sorry but you have failed to provide a link for your quote "go to stool thereon".
A simple request

edit on 29-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I will not stand by and watch such a charitable organization be trashed without speaking out.

Lol, what a joke. My entire dad's side of the family are Masons, then aren't moral whatsoever, they do NOT attend churches. And when i was a chef working at the Murat Shriners building in Indianapolis, Indiana the Shriners were the stingiest old dudes I have ever met. They are like the Pharisees in the Bible, they ring the bell so that everyone sees them giving money to the poor, but they HATE it. The bartender would work an entire night and make less than 10 dollars in tips from these dudes. They think the world owes them everything because they are Shriners.

My dad is a 33rd degree Worshipful Master of his Freemason Lodge.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Sorry but you have failed to provide a link for your quote "go to stool thereon".
A simple request

A simple request born from your laziness. I've already told you where all their rules are located, they are all written down in black and white by Josephus, the book is called "Judean Wars 2" or "War #2" for short. You might be able to find a PDF version online, I don't know, most likely you'll have to see one in the library unless you wish to shell out $250.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here is a free e-book download to save you a trip to the library:

Judean Wars 2

Volume 1b in "'s Josephus Project" contains "Book 2 of Josephus' Judean War" (translation and commentary). This book deals with a period of enormous consequence: from King Herod's death (4 BCE) to the first phase of the war against Rome (66 CE). It covers: the succession struggle, the governments of Herod's sons, Judea's incorporation as a Roman province, some notable governors (including Pilate), Kings Agrippa I and II, the Judean philosophical schools (featuring the Essenes), various rebel movements and the sicarii, tensions between Judeans and their neighbours, events leading up to the revolt, the failed intervention of the Syrian legate Cestius Gallus, and preparations for war in Judea and Galilee. The commentary aims at a balance between historical and literary issues.

edit on 29-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Don't judge every Freemason off of a bunch of old coots you've met in your town.

That's a narrow-minded view to take.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So what you're saying here is that Jesus did not claim to be God, but just a prophet?

It seems that his death changed a few things about him...
edit on CSundaypm444404f04America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You did a good job outlining the principal connection of the fundamentals of which organizations like the Essene, Freemason, and Pythagorean school of thought were founded on. I didn't agree with everything you said, but the most important thing your thesis is lacking is, what exclusive knowledge did the aforementioned groups have about Jesus?

You eluded to disclosing them in your opening sentence, this is what prompted me to keep reading:

It would appear that few on ATS know the studies of the Masons is all about religion and in particular the studies of the Essene, the ways of the Therapute, and the teachings of Jesus.

I was dissapointed when I read this:

Most of the Mason's big secrets were given up long ago and anyone can get to most of them on the Internet.

So your missing your most important piece of information. The key to getting people to listen to these fringe alternative theories about the masons, is even if you have to be repetitive in explaining exactly whatever they knew or did, be sure to be explicit in explaining every step.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Don't judge every Freemason off of a bunch of old coots you've met in your town.

That's a narrow-minded view to take.

The "Old Coots" I was talking about were the Shriners. The "Freemasons" I was talking about were my own dad and his side of the family. My dad being a 33rd degree Worshipful Master of his lodge.

I know them very well, I'm blood to them.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It sounds as though you're using your knowledge of these people to knock the rest of their organization...whom you DON'T know.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Oh for goodness sakes! A simple Google search on "go to stool thereon" yields 33.6 million results. Second link is the one you want. Sheesh!
ancienthistory.about.com...

Moreover, they are stricter than any other of the Jews in resting from their labors on the seventh day; for they not only get their food ready the day before, that they may not be obliged to kindle a fire on that day, but they will not remove any vessel out of its place, nor go to stool thereon.

After reading some if it, one can surmise that Josephus didn't like the Essenes very much.

However he does document the ritual of saying grace before a meal. He makes it clear that they did eat meat.

And after this purification is over, they every one meet together in an apartment of their own, into which it is not permitted to any of another sect to enter; while they go, after a pure manner, into the dining-room, as into a certain holy temple, and quietly set themselves down; upon which the baker lays them loaves in order; the cook also brings a single plate of one sort of food, and sets it before every one of them; but a priest says grace before meat; and it is unlawful for any one to taste of the food before grace be said. The same priest, when he hath dined, says grace again after meat; and when they begin, and when they end, they praise God, as he that bestows their food upon them; after which they lay aside their [white] garments, and betake themselves to their labors again till the evening; then they return home to supper, after the same manner; and if there be any strangers there, they sit down with them. Nor is there ever any clamor or disturbance to pollute their house, but they give every one leave to speak in their turn; which silence thus kept in their house appears to foreigners like some tremendous mystery; the cause of which is that perpetual sobriety they exercise, and the same settled measure of meat and drink that is allotted them, and that such as is abundantly sufficient for them.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here's a commentary on Josephus, the Essenes, Jesus and the Dead Sea Scrolls, that I foudn very interesting. I especially liked this part:
www.auburn.edu...

Jesus disagreed sharply with all of these attitudes. Unlike the Qumran community, the community of Rabbi Jesus was open. There was no hierarchy among the disciples; no exercise of worldly political authority. Jesus taught that all men and all women stand equally before God. Jesus welcomed women into his circle. He associated with them and even taught them from the Scriptures. He transgressed every known Jewish barrier of holiness, consorting with tax collectors and prostitutes and anyone under the sun. Matthew and Mark tell us that he visited the house of Simon the leper. The people of Qumran were afraid of lepers.

Consider the following chronology from Luke chapter 8. We read there of a woman who had been suffering from hemorrhages for twelve years. Knowing that Jesus could heal her, she touched the fringe of his clothes and was healed. Jesus turned around and asked who had touched him. Note her reaction in verse 47:

When the woman saw that she could not remain hidden, she came trembling; and falling down before him, she declared in the presence of all the people why she had touched him, and how she had been immediately healed (NRSV).

Why was she so scared? If we'll go back and look at the fifteenth chapter of Leviticus we'll see why. A bleeding woman was declared unclean by the Law of Moses, and anything she touched was considered unclean. Anyone touching anything that she had touched was also considered unclean. Just by touching the fringe of his clothing, the hemorrhaging woman had made Jesus ritually unclean by the standards of the Mosaic law. Now Jesus would be expected to wash his clothes and he would be unclean until evening. That is why the poor woman cowered before this holy rabbi whom she had defiled; she waited for his sharp rebuke.

But Jesus didn't rebuke her, did he? What did he say? "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace." What a surprise! And what's even more surprising is what he did afterward. He didn't go and wash his clothes after that encounter. On the contrary, he went straight to the home of Jairus, leader of the synagogue. Jesus intentionally crossed over the boundaries between the profane and the holy. He went straight from the unclean sinner into the house of a synagogue leader, spreading uncleanness everywhere. The reason, of course, is that Jesus rewrote the rules about purity and impurity. In Mark chapter 7 Jesus clearly teaches that no external object can render a person unclean; rather, "It is what comes out of a person that defiles. For it is from within, from the human heart, that evil intentions come." Jesus' attitude toward ritual purity was exactly the opposite of many of his contemporaries, particularly the Qumran Essenes who were more strict than even the Pharisees.

Although I do believe that Jesus was raised Essene, I think he rejected their pious outlook on outsiders.

edit on 29-4-2012 by windword because: linky

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join