It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons discovered the highest truth on Jesus and the Essene centuries ago.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Jesus drank wine and ate animal flesh and even advocated animal sacrifice which goes against all of the Essene's teachings. So I doubt that Jesus was an Essene. Now John the Baptist is a different story all together.

According to who ?

He drank wine at the wedding, ate fish upon His resurrection and advocated giving the proper sacrifice upon healing people.It's all in the bible.

OK But to play the devils advocate - It has already been discussed that the Bible is a mish mash of myths layered upon the real Jesus - so he still could have been an Essene though I do not know of course and think he was an evolved soul and from a different star system - which I can not prove either.
edit on 27-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

I didn't know that Jesus being an Essene was in question. Weren't John the Baptist and Jesus related through their mothers, Mary and Elizabeth?

Wasn't John the Baptist an Essene? I think that we can assume that Mary and Joseph were also Essene, especially since Mary and Elizabeth both had divine babies.

John the Baptist ate locust. That is flesh. The flesh of bugs, but still flesh. He also drank goat milk.
edit on 27-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Appears that Jesus was none too impressed with animal sacrifices of the Sadducees and Pharisees, and it apears he speaks of them as being separate from his sect.:

ebionite.com...

Thus, because the Sadducees and Pharisees who slaughtered innocent animals in the temple were dead in their ritual observance of the Torah, of them Yeshua stated in the Gospel of the Nazirenes: "For they, making a god of their belly, sacrificed to their God the innocent creatures of the earth, in place of the carnal nature within themselves. And eating of their flesh and drinking of their blood to their own destruction, corrupted their bodies and shortened their days, even as the Gentiles who did not know the truth, or who knowing it, have changed it into a lie."

And I don't think the Essene had an issue with Wine, as it was a highly healthy drink. And I doubt they had a problem with fish. It isn't an animal. Never seen anyone drink fish blood either. Most of the Disciples were fishmen.

edit on 27-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Jesus was an Essene, as were Mary and Joseph. Which is why they went to Egypt and Therapute land.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

The Essenes were ridiculous Legalists, and Jesus mocked them the most severe when He was alive for making the commands of God "none effect' by the "traditions of the elders". The Pharisees and Scribes thought they were out of control with legalisms.

edit on 27-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
And I doubt they had a problem with fish. It isn't an animal.

Are you serious? I can't believe that there are actually people thinking that fish isn't meat (an animal). What do you think the MEAT is when you are eating it then?

FisH:

fish   [fish] Show IPA noun, plural ( especially collectively ) fish, ( especially referring to two or more kinds or species ) fish·es, verb
noun
any of various cold-blooded, aquatic vertebrates, having gills, commonly fins, and typically an elongated body covered with scales.

Vertebrates:

Vertebrates are animals that are members of the subphylum Vertebrata (chordates with backbones and spinal columns).

Fish = Vertebrate = Animal.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Vegetarians eat fish. They even eat milk and egg products. Vegans don't.

Why would you think that Essene were vegan? They weren't. Their diet, however, was strict and did have to be consecrated.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by arpgme

Vegetarians eat fish. They even eat milk and egg products. Vegans don't.

No they don't. Vegetarians do not eat animals so if they are eating fish they aren't vegetarian.

Pescatarians do however, eat fish....

reply to post by arpgme

Why would you think that Essene were vegan? They weren't. Their diet, however, was strict and did have to be consecrated.

I never said that they were, I was just pointing out something fallacious.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I don't want to go back and forth with you on this, but I know many, many vegetarians, of all kinds. Some are severely vegan. Some a vegetarian because of their religious dogma. These people eat fish on Fridays, and give milk to their children.

At any rate, there are all kinds of vegetarians.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Definition of a Vegetarian:

veg·e·tar·i·an   [vej-i-tair-ee-uhn] Show IPA
noun
a person who does not eat or does not believe in eating meat, fish, fowl, or, in some cases, any food derived from animals, as eggs or cheese, but subsists on vegetables, fruits, nuts, grain, etc.

So if they are eating fish. They are NOT vegetarian. Not by my opinion but by its very definition.

I think Pescetarian would be a more appropriate name:

Pescetarianism ( /ˌpɛskɨˈtɛəriən/) is the practice of a diet that includes seafood but not the flesh of other animals. A pescetarian diet shares many of its components with a vegetarian diet and includes vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains, beans, eggs, and dairy, but unlike a vegetarian diet also includes fish and shellfish. The Merriam-Webster dictionary dates the origin of the term "pescetarian" to 1993 and defines it to mean: "one whose diet includes fish but no meat".

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Where does it say Jesus Mocked the Essenes
I only know a little of the Essenes and I never take any book as gospel
Are there any Essenes here to speak
Are there any here who actually met or walked with Jesus
Where is the evidence - I really would like to know

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

I don't want to go back and forth with you on this, but I know many, many vegetarians, of all kinds. Some are severely vegan. Some a vegetarian because of their religious dogma. These people eat fish on Fridays, and give milk to their children.

At any rate, there are all kinds of vegetarians.

I am Pescatarian - Fish vegetables fruits and grains - no dairy products or eggs
I was vegatarian - Vegetables fruits grains dairy products and eggs
Vagan Vegetables fruits and grains
Raw food Vegan - self explanatory

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I didn't say that, I said He mocked the Religious Legalists. The "them" in my statement is called a "pronoun', it refers back to the previous noun in the sentence which was "Legalists". (Scribes, Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes) He specifically said that they "made the Word of God to be none effect by the tradition of the elders." (Mark 7) The Essenes were so absurdly legalistic the Pharisees and Scribes couldn't stand them, for instance they refused to take a crap on the Sabbath because they considered it "work" and "pleasure" to relieve their discomfort.

The Essenes came to the believers at Galatia and tried to get them to follow the Mosaic Law and Paul blasted them as "falling from grace." And asked if the Galatian believers were "bewitched" by their nonsense teachings. He reminded them that they received the baptism of the Holy Ghost without the Law and asked why they would want to return to it. He also mocked them by saying if circumcision made them more holy then they should emasculate themselves and be super-holy.

edit on 28-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I didn't say that, I said He mocked the Religious Legalists. The "them" in my statement is called a "pronoun', it refers back to the previous noun in the sentence which was "Legalists". (Scribes, Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes) He specifically said that they "made the Word of God to be none effect by the tradition of the elders." (Mark 7) The Essenes were so absurdly legalistic the Pharisees and Scribes couldn't stand them, for instance they refused to take a crap on the Sabbath because they considered it "work" and "pleasure" to relieve their discomfort.

The Essenes came to the believers at Galatia and tried to get them to follow the Mosaic Law and Paul blasted them as "falling from grace." And asked if the Galatian believers were "bewitched" by their nonsense teachings. He reminded them that they received the baptism of the Holy Ghost without the Law and asked why they would want to return to it. He also mocked them by saying if circumcision made them more holy then they should emasculate themselves and be super-holy.

OK, OK Smarty Pants - don't get so defensive - Lighten up already - I mereley asked a question it was not an accusation - Instead I get an English Grammer lesson but NO reference to what you elude to - Post a link from the source or something and educate me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Iason321

No, the masons didn't discover crap.

And creating a thread with nothing in the OP is crap.

You're still wrong.

First of all, the Freemasons were persecuted by the Church, whose doctrine you hold in such high esteem. So of course you wouldn't agree.

Additionally, I believe the correct term would be, "You're welcome to your opinions, but I respectfully disagree with you."

Intelligent discourse continues from there. Instead of flatly accusing the OP of being "wrong".
edit on CWednesdaypm040435f35America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Oh, no. He was there when the Bible was written, and when the Freemasons were started. He knows that its a bad organization. And not only that but it always has been. He knows they "didn't discover crap". End of conversation.

Sounds good to me. I'm convinced!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

OK, OK Smarty Pants - don't get so defensive - Lighten up already - I mereley asked a question it was not an accusation - Instead I get an English Grammer lesson but NO reference to what you elude to - Post a link from the source or something and educate me.

Not defensive at all, I made no mention of myself. And read mark 7 to see what Jesus had to say to the people who held the tradition of the elders in the same regard as the commands of God. He mocked them and told them that Elijah prophesied well of them.. that they worshiped Him in vain and honored Him with their lips but their hearts were far from them. Read Galatians and Mark chapter 7.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Read Mark 7 - But it never mentions Essenes?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Read Mark 7 - But it never mentions Essenes?

They were more Legalistic (following the traditions of the elders) than the Pharisees and Scribes ever were. Again, they refused to take a dump on the Sabbath because they considered it "work" and "pleasure" to relieve themselves. What Christ said to the Pharisees and Scribes in mark 7 applies to the folks where were WAY more legalistic that the ones who Jesus said it to.

Read Galatians, the "Judaizers" were the Essenes. Read what Paul says to the Christians in Galatia being harassed by them. He's not congratulating them at all, quite the opposite.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

"...................Again, they refused to take a dump on the Sabbath because they considered it "work" and "pleasure" to relieve themselves....................."

That sounds ridiculous I agree but - Can you tell me where it says such a thing so I know you are not making it up

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

"...................Again, they refused to take a dump on the Sabbath because they considered it "work" and "pleasure" to relieve themselves....................."

That sounds ridiculous I agree but - Can you tell me where it says such a thing so I know you are not making it up

Historians. Philo, Pliny, Hippolyteus, Dio, Epiphanius and most extensively by Josephus. Josephus lists all their rules in War #2. And the term used for the Essenes refusing to take a crap on the Sabbath was "go to stool thereon".

Their laws are attested to by numerous sources, Jewish, Roman, and Christian historians. Dude, you can't even make this stuff up it's that absurd.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by artistpoet

The Essenes were ridiculous Legalists, and Jesus mocked them the most severe when He was alive for making the commands of God "none effect' by the "traditions of the elders". The Pharisees and Scribes thought they were out of control with legalisms.

edit on 27-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

He criticized them the most because they wouldn't spread the word, they shunned everyone that wasn't in their sect. Alot of modern christians are essenes. The eastern orthodox church could be classifed as essenes, and so can the roman catholics. Everyone's pointing fingers and calling the others heretics. Eastern Orthodox criticizes us because they see protestants as lawless and we do not recognize their authority or any authority other than Yeshua and because we do not pray to saints to intercede for us.

Yeshua never said we have to conform to any particular church, that is legalism right there.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join