It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons discovered the highest truth on Jesus and the Essene centuries ago.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Oh PLEASE,

For the love of GOD

not THIS AGAIN!

Please, you AND rasta, study WORD ETYMOLOGY before you spout deceptions!

The usage of Amen, meaning "so be it", as found in the early scriptures of the Bible is said to be of Hebrew origin;[5][6] however, the basic triconsonantal root from which the word was derived is common to a number of Semitic Languages such as Aramaic and Arabic. The word was imported into the Greek of the early Church from Judaism.[1][7] From Greek, amen entered the other Western languages. According to a standard dictionary etymology, amen passed from Greek into Late Latin, and thence into English.[8]

The Hebrew word amen derives from the same ancient triliteral Hebrew root as does the verb ʾāmán.[9] Grammarians frequently list ʾāmán under its three consonants (aleph-mem-nun), which are identical to those of ʾāmēn (note that the Hebrew letter א aleph originally represented a glottal stop sound, which functioned as a consonant in the morphology of Hebrew).[8] This triliteral root means to be firm, confirmed, reliable, faithful, have faith, believe.

In Arabic, the word is derived from its triliteral common root word ʾĀmana (Arabic: آمن‎), which has the same meanings as the Hebrew root word.

Popular among some theosophists,[10] proponents of Afrocentric theories of history,[11] and adherents of esoteric Christianity [12][13] is the conjecture that amen is a derivative of the name of the Egyptian god Amun (which is sometimes also spelled Amen). Some adherents of Eastern religions believe that amen shares roots with the Hindu Sanskrit word, Aum.[14][15][16][17] There is no academic support for either of these views. The Hebrew word, as noted above, starts with aleph, while the Egyptian name begins with a yodh.[18]

The Armenian word ամեն /ˌɑːmˈɛn/ means "every"; however it is also used in the same form at the conclusion of prayers, much as in Englis

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

So how's that praying to thin air been working our for you?
edit on CThursdaypm353521f21America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I am that I am,

you are what you are,

we are what we are,

think what you want, believe what you will,

acceptance is key and redemption is real,

Amen

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I do believe in the power of prayer its worked great for me, and there is redemption but through Yehoshua not through Amen. You can end your prayers with a pagan name but i hold no other gods before the father

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

I am that I am,

you are what you are,

we are what we are,

think what you want, believe what you will,

acceptance is key and redemption is real,

Amen

Do explain while you are evagelizing to convert folks to your theme just how this relates to the Masons and their finding the higher truths for Jesus and the terrible places for the Jesus extended family.

This must be how you all lost the major part of reality for religion because you all can't stay focused without getting into constant OT issues.

What did the Moderators say?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Sorry, lost my train of thought. But really, considering Jesus is the keystone of religion, it was indirectly related.

I don't think the Masons "discovered" anything...they inherited the knowledge, then hoarded it because it had the power to upset every possible balance of power in the mortal world.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rasta420

did you even read what I said?

Your etymology is wrong and I worship the One and Only Triune Being as well.

Don't believe deceptions, discover Truth.

Are you calling Jesus a blasphemer? That's pretty gutsy, those are the charges the ones who crucified the Lord trumped up against Him,

The only person who says "Amen" in the Gospels is Jesus himself (with the exception of the "shorter ending" of Mark--usually added just after 16:8);
in Matt 25:12, 40, 45, the characters in the parables who use this expression clearly represent Jesus.
Jesus uses the phrase, "Amen, I say to you...," at the beginning of his own statements, rather than in response to what someone else said;
thus, it is not an expression of agreement, but a literary device for emphasizing what he says subsequently.
In the Synoptic Gospels, this expression is used a total of fifty times by Jesus and the parabolic characters (13 in Mk; 31 in Mt; only 6 in Lk);
it is translated "Verily I say unto you... (KJV); "Truly, I say to you..." (RSV); "Truly, I tell you" (NRSV); etc.
In the Fourth Gospel, the expression is used 25 times, again only by Jesus, but always with a doubled "Amen, Amen" for extra emphasis;
this is like saying "Hear Ye, Hear Ye" - as used by royal messengers or town criers in medieval England.
It is sometimes translated literally: "Verily, verily, I say unto you." (KJV); "Truly, truly, I say to you" (RSV); "Amen, Amen, I say to you..." (NAB);
but other English Bibles render it more colloquially: "Very truly, I tell you" (NRSV); "I tell you the truth" (NIV), etc.
These twenty-five "Amen, Amen" sayings contain some of the most important things said and claims made by Jesus in the Fourth Gospel:
see John 1:51; 3:3, 5, 11; 5:19, 24, 25; 6:26, 32, 47, 53; 8:34, 51, 58; 10:1, 7; 12:24; 13:16, 20, 21, 38; 14:12; 16:20, 23; and 21:18.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Sorry, lost my train of thought. But really, considering Jesus is the keystone of religion, it was indirectly related.

I don't think the Masons "discovered" anything...they inherited the knowledge, then hoarded it because it had the power to upset every possible balance of power in the mortal world.

I jump off theme now and then and have to call myself down, so I try to read the title before I type.

Yes, the Masons were just tracing down the history. They got large parts from France and the Templars area there tracking down the issues. And they did hoard the information, and these days you can drag it into the light to see better what was found.

Maybe, rediscovered might be better. But even today when one tries to examine facts in any legal case, where there are unknowns or lost details, it is called Discovery. So, both terms can apply and not worth too much time to debate these subtile differences, as I think both mean roughly the same these days.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I'd still love to know everything they found out...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Don't put words in my mouth i never said Yehoshua was a blasphemer I said constantine has altered the bible we have today. He easily could have added the name Amen to the text you don't know the actual words he spoke word for word you weren't there. This doesn't mean the stories not true I just believe constantine has added or removed a lot of words to hinder are relationship with the father

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I'd still love to know everything they found out...

Yes, me too. Which is why I dig around in their items and learn their methods.

Someone was asking to give some support for Masons being similar to the Essenes and I ran across that theme addressed in a Masonic Encyclopedia for the definition of the Sadducees.

It gets pretty clear that the Masons also consider their theme as similar to the Essene:

www.phoenixmasonry.org...

SADDUCEES

Sometimes Zedukim. A Sect called from its founder Sadoc, or Zadok (see Secund Samuel viii, 17, xv, 24; First Kings i, 34), who lived about 250 B.C. They denied the resurrection, a future state, and the existence of angels. The Sadducees are often mentioned in the New Testament, the Talmud, and the Midrash. The tenets of the Sadducees are noticed as contrasted with those of the Pharisees. While Jesus condemned the Sadducees and Pharisees, he is nowhere found criticizing the gets, words, or doctrines of the third sect of the Jews, the Essenes; wherefore, it has been strongly favored that Jesus was himself one of the last-named sect, who in many excellent qualities resembled Freemasons. The Sadducees were the most conservative of forces, the Pharisees more advanced in the later thoughts and tendencies. The Gospels throw an interesting and significant light upon these circumstances and their effects in that era.

Anyone that studies the Essene looking deeply at all the details finds the Mason's methods and names are very similar.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Some of these other things that are interesting about the Masons is their steps up the degree ladder, which they call Raisings. This is about raising people from the dead.

It stems from the issues of Prodigal Son, where the Son sins against his father and is called dead. Until the son returns and admits he has sinned against the father, and is said to have been raised from the dead.

Even the issues of Revelations, when they speak to Jesus raising the dead it is about this like method of speaking.

So, the Masons have long ago recognized that the organized churches have been falling away from the truth, slip sliding away on the road to perdition.

And they read these stories, predictions, and made their system address the problems of churches falling away from the truth and their very process of taking the steps to the light of highest truth is that of raising themselves from the dead via a series of learning steps upward they call Raisings or Degrees.

So, not only do they follow much of the Essene methods, they litterally are teaching The Way and showing those so interested that the churches are wrong, but they do it in secrecy. As the Churches are all about money and misleading folks and attacking the truth as they did against Gallileo and others.

They teach lots of the truths in symbolisms and use the same old ways for those that could not read, so they could see as well as hear The Way.

That appears to be most knowledgable of the Bible, The Essene, and Jesus's teachings for The Way.

When one digs into lots of what they are doing and have done, it lets one see the Narratives in the best possible understanding. It is pretty much comparable to a Rapture from Hell into Heaven on Earth.

It appears they are highly above the organized churches in showing the pathway from the dead into Heaven on Earth.

It really shows when most of their diverse faith people all get along. They have a common foundation and it cements a peace on Earth.

Looks to be one of the most unique views of religion on Earth that they teach.

edit on 4-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Those teaching the way, as the Way also had to be taught secretively in Jerusalem after Jesus left

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
One can catch more glimpses of the Mason's ways of teaching with symbols from some of things on the internet. Masons combine lots of the symbolisms of old religion, so one comes up with a broad understanding of all of them and includes understanding even the ones considered Satan and ones more valued for good.

Thomas Jefferson's Secretary was a Mason and they capture some of the symbols of Meriweather Lewis, who formed the Lewis Expedition. All these special people of these times of the beginning of the US with Washington as President number one, and Jefferson as number three. In many ways Jefferson was that attainment of the highest of knowledge, but never had to become a Mason to get the much the same wisdoms. Some folks get there on their own and other need some structure and coaching.

lewis-clark.org...

Meriwether Lewis, Master Mason

The skull-and-crossbones is an ancient symbol for death. The comparative crudness of this example, and the fact that it does not belong in the overall symmetry of the design, suggests that it might have been added after the owner's demise.

From the Skull and Bones symbolism on sees that at the bottom of the stairs for learing one is considered dead. And the like theme is from the concept of Prodigal Son, the Jacobs Ladder, and so on. Masons technically achieve a sort of Rapture from the depths of Hell into the Light of Heaven. The Jonah and the Whale allegorcal story is much the same.

Masons don't consider the Sun or the Moon to be god, but point to the East for the greatest truths and birth of the mind into the greater knowledge for the Architec of the Unverse, or what would be called The Intelligent Design concept these days.

Their values are knowledge of everything and phylosiphy and this is typically called seeking the light of truth. The story of Jesus doesn't take on the role for him ever being god or even the slightest thought toward that because they long ago saw the game for passions and making martyrs. They also study what the Germans of the days of Martin Luter found, what Marx discovered of religion and more.

You get a little glimpse of the symbolisms that were the methods of old employed when most could neither read nor write. They got way back into history and the symbolism of Solmon's temple and East to West building orientations. East being newest and reborn theme and west being the mature old age theme of wisdom.

=========

One can take another peak into the world of Masons with some that didn't seem to get along with their ideas and wisdoms, but talk of the inner structures for learning:

www.delusionresistance.org...

"My brothers, we meet this day to commemorate the death of our most wise and perfect Master - NOT as inspired or divine, but as at least the greatest of humanity."

One is not even allowed to close a prayer in the name of Jesus, but instead must use a vague reference to God, which could mean anyone or anything. Teaching of the Kabbalah, Zend Avesta, and the Gnostics are used along with astrology and the doctrines of ancient false gods such as Osiris, Semiramis, Isis and Krishna. The Hindu gods Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva are also given reference as deities.

This one is an interesting one, because Lewis so appreciated Masons that he died with his apron in pocket. This person goes the other direction, apparently being affected with the issues of ill health which tends to pull in comfort from the Bible methods. The theme would be that of Marx view of religion as an Opiate for people in distress.

I think perhaps the person here with his distress perhaps missed that while the Masons don't speak much of Jesus they appear to be teaching The Way and the ultimate of truth. They do this in a veiled sort of fashion that generally takes the texture of what the Essenes learned from Egypt and what would be their Mystery School teachings and they even use like words of Masters.

atheism.about.com...

Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions.
Karl Marx, Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right

------

In the above quotation Marx is saying that religion’s purpose is to create illusory fantasies for the poor. Economic realities prevent them from finding true happiness in this life, so religion tells them that this is OK because they will find true happiness in the next life. Although this is a criticism of religion, Marx is not without sympathy: people are in distress and religion provides solace, just as people who are physically injured receive relief from opiate-based drugs.

--------

Even worse, this “drug” is administered by the same oppressors who are responsible for the pain and suffering in the first place. Religion is an expression of more fundamental unhappiness and symptom of more fundamental and oppressive economic realities. Hopefully, humans will create a society in which the economic conditions causing so much pain and suffering would be eradicated and, therefore, the need for soothing drugs like religion will cease. Of course, for Marx such a turn of events isn’t to be “hoped for” because human history was leading inevitably towards it.

Marx was of the area of Germany that had great thinkers like Martin Luther go after the Catholic Church over their money games of indulgences. Germans also had Adam Weishaupt en.wikipedia.org...

Marx appears to get down to the issues of religion being a part of the issues for exploitation of the masses and particularly the more vulnerable ones. And one, today, finds the corruption of religion mentioned in the end times of revelations is the churches. They have become the anti-christs and those corrupted absolutely over money and power. The Masons as well as Marx appear to have seen the games of religion are not always so pure of intentions, when they tell the world some fabricated tales that causes the wars of religions.

In these times, many yearn for the whole truth of what has been allowed to happen, with the wool pulled over their eyes methods, that was more for exploitation than for the freedom and enlightment of a true education.

edit on 5-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Insights for a dying world---as the lightning strikes to point out the truth and the light

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Wow, that source is biased! It's obvious that "Amen" comes from the God "Amen" just like it is obvious that the word "Easter" comes from the God "Eostre", and yet people like to hide the TRUTH that these things come from Paganism, and act like it comes from the Bible.

It is lies and the truth will come out, it can't hide forever.

Interesting video I found regarding this:

edit on 5-5-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So, end your prayer with "yes', or "Halleluyah" if you want. God looks at the heart, not a magic string of letters, words, or syllables you have to get correct.

edit on 5-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What you say is true - that what is in the heart is most important.
But truth also can not be pushed aside.
By that I mean the sincere study of the roots,Nay the seed of where ideas originated.
Maybe there was a time on Earth when souls knew who they were and where they came from and where they were going - This is my personal belief until proven wrong.
This time of Harmony I perceive in the Garden of Eden story but not the literal story - but the essence or idea of such a time and place.
Yes Humanity has gone astray - is at odds with it's Creator - out of Harmony for sure - In my opinion.
Yet it was not a Snake that led Humanity astray - It was the choices Humanity made.
The snake as used in Christian Mythology represent the knowledge of good and evil - each makes their own choice and one small act of selfishness can be a seed that grows and strangles the goodness in each of us.
No not a Snake - The snake motif is ungenerous to those peoples who went before - Peoples that used the Snake to represent knowledge - People who existed long before Jesus walked the Earth.
Yet a snake is a snake and neither good or evil but a creature created by the same Creator of you and I and the Universe

edit on 5-5-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

edit on 5-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The Freemasons have been a victim of the establishment propoganda machine. George Washington was a Mason so were others you may well know including Scotty Pippen from the Chicago Bulls etc. The establishment has hadthe goal of assisting manking in its spiritual evolution. YES, they hold the secrets of ancient times. The secrets of the pyramids and the secrets of the human body and mind. Over time the organisation has been infiltrated by a few who have private malevolent intentions. The entire organisation is not to blame for these few ppl. Having had access to ALL of the masonic teachings without being a mason intiated by the organisation. I can tell you their teachings opened up a whole new world for me in understanding of life's mysteries. You may follow the propganda train if you want. but the proof is in the pudding. and while many wander around not knowing their purpose in life as well as the truth behind the Freemasons goal they succumb to mainstream media demonizing of one of the remaining powerful organisations that have the general population of earth well-being in mind. They simply wish to turn you against your major allies. so educate yourself. I still have all the books. I understand the rituals and that they are indeed not spellcasting or demon worshipping in any way. but simply acts of historical occurences.. think f it like aesop's fables. the whole thing is about knowing the moral of the story and you gain a much greater understanding through enactment and assuming the roles of those that were actually involved.

Yes the mason have had an agenda aimed at releasing the secrets little by little into the population so that we can learn to withstand and adapt to them without going into chaos with the sudden introduction of a world consuming truth.

I will end with explaining the nature of symbolism. why it is so revered in the foundation of Freemasonry and the answer is simple. There are many names for God, many cultures, many contradicting practices and beliefs of the various religions on earth. the underlying truth is that it doesnt matter what name you use to address God. As long as you understand what God is in terms of addressing him with the correct symbolic meaning in your mind when praying.

Explained: We all know what a duck is. supposed i was to tell you that another word for duck is chicken, and someone else says another word for duck is horse. When you are in conversation with these ppl.. when the 1st person refers to a chicken you can conjure the image of a duck in you mind and know effectively that what they are speaking of is a duck(white feathers, yellow beak, floats on water etcetc) same goes for the other person speaking about a horse. you know when they say horse the image they are referring to is a duck. Thus it does not matter what word you call the creature as long as the ppl you are communicating to understand what the characterises the symbol. Thus no matter what religion you are from, you can speak a universal language through symbolism which can also be used to come into contact with the supreme being.

The unveiling has already begun and much of the knowledge out there now you can thank the freemasons for making it publicly available on google. Altho it seems totally un-connected to the uninformed. Those of us who know the true agenda through research or through involvement can tell you that this is all going according to plan and totally on schedule. The freemasons are humanity's friends against ALL forms of slavery or enslavement of men. When was the last time someone walked out of the vatican church enlightened? is he himself even enlightened and in contact with GOD? The answer is NO! the vatican and the catholic church are falsities who have locked away all of the great knowledge they have plundered and murdered for over the centuries. But God has put a bar on their minds that they will never understand it even withthe greatest scrutiny. That they will bring scholars to help them and God will give the scholar understanding and they will still not understand his explanation. For he knows they are evil with evil intentions for mankind and wish to turn u against your only friends in the battle for human spiritual realization. Such is the power of the Supreme Being, God, Allah, Krishna, whichever you wish to call him!

a good look around from the inside. if you cant see the truth in this document it simply means you have ALOT of research to do.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-5-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by arpgme

So, end your prayer with "yes', or "Halleluyah" if you want. God looks at the heart, not a magic string of letters, words, or syllables you have to get correct.

edit on 5-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

IN all my studies of Masons, I've not seem them get on Amen closings.

But to be on topic, you would have to find that else be off topic again.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

This is what I have been saying.

Also, Magnum, it is on topic. Honestly, if you don't have anything to input regarding Masonic knowledge of how "Amen" relates to Jesus and his prayers, and that of the Essenes, then I have to question why you bothered pretending to know anything about Masonic knowledge.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
The Freemasons have been a victim of the establishment propoganda machine. George Washington was a Mason so were others you may well know including Scotty Pippen from the Chicago Bulls etc. The establishment has hadthe goal of assisting manking in its spiritual evolution. YES, they hold the secrets of ancient times. The secrets of the pyramids and the secrets of the human body and mind. Over time the organisation has been infiltrated by a few who have private malevolent intentions. The entire organisation is not to blame for these few ppl. Having had access to ALL of the masonic teachings without being a mason intiated by the organisation. I can tell you their teachings opened up a whole new world for me in understanding of life's mysteries. You may follow the propganda train if you want. but the proof is in the pudding. and while many wander around not knowing their purpose in life as well as the truth behind the Freemasons goal they succumb to mainstream media demonizing of one of the remaining powerful organisations that have the general population of earth well-being in mind. They simply wish to turn you against your major allies. so educate yourself. I still have all the books. I understand the rituals and that they are indeed not spellcasting or demon worshipping in any way. but simply acts of historical occurences.. think f it like aesop's fables. the whole thing is about knowing the moral of the story and you gain a much greater understanding through enactment and assuming the roles of those that were actually involved.

Yes the mason have had an agenda aimed at releasing the secrets little by little into the population so that we can learn to withstand and adapt to them without going into chaos with the sudden introduction of a world consuming truth.

I will end with explaining the nature of symbolism. why it is so revered in the foundation of Freemasonry and the answer is simple. There are many names for God, many cultures, many contradicting practices and beliefs of the various religions on earth. the underlying truth is that it doesnt matter what name you use to address God. As long as you understand what God is in terms of addressing him with the correct symbolic meaning in your mind when praying.

Explained: We all know what a duck is. supposed i was to tell you that another word for duck is chicken, and someone else says another word for duck is horse. When you are in conversation with these ppl.. when the 1st person refers to a chicken you can conjure the image of a duck in you mind and know effectively that what they are speaking of is a duck(white feathers, yellow beak, floats on water etcetc) same goes for the other person speaking about a horse. you know when they say horse the image they are referring to is a duck. Thus it does not matter what word you call the creature as long as the ppl you are communicating to understand what the characterises the symbol. Thus no matter what religion you are from, you can speak a universal language through symbolism which can also be used to come into contact with the supreme being.

The unveiling has already begun and much of the knowledge out there now you can thank the freemasons for making it publicly available on google. Altho it seems totally un-connected to the uninformed. Those of us who know the true agenda through research or through involvement can tell you that this is all going according to plan and totally on schedule. The freemasons are humanity's friends against ALL forms of slavery or enslavement of men. When was the last time someone walked out of the vatican church enlightened? is he himself even enlightened and in contact with GOD? The answer is NO! the vatican and the catholic church are falsities who have locked away all of the great knowledge they have plundered and murdered for over the centuries. But God has put a bar on their minds that they will never understand it even withthe greatest scrutiny. That they will bring scholars to help them and God will give the scholar understanding and they will still not understand his explanation. For he knows they are evil with evil intentions for mankind and wish to turn u against your only friends in the battle for human spiritual realization. Such is the power of the Supreme Being, God, Allah, Krishna, whichever you wish to call him!

a good look around from the inside. if you cant see the truth in this document it simply means you have ALOT of research to do.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-5-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

You appear highly informed and all was well put.

Thanks for sharing.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join