It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Poor Need To Stop Covering Up They're Poor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What I want to see is people that are poor making it known that they are poor.

The poor need to stand out as far as possible when out or online.

If you're covering up being poor, and you know it, then why?

There is too much of a divide in the world to not boldly state you are poor.

Maybe someone would help you if you boldly stated you are poor.

Poor people need to get in where they fit in, with other poor people, to come up with solutions.

If poor people would stick together and stand together. Can't though, because poor people like to cover up they are poor it seems.

Let me ask you this...

How did you end up poor?

What are you going to do about your being poor?

Just how are you spending your time if your still poor?

Can your poorness be cured? Or is it too late to go from rags to riches?

How can someone else be a help to you?

Talk to me.

I am very poor, but other poor people don't like to state their poor status so that I can maybe get with them and try to accomplish something swell together.

Poor people need to stop trying to make it the lone way, I say. Keeping seperate ain't accomplishing anything wealthy for us poor people.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

This is a poor thread...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi, I'M POOR.

The only thing on offer to me is minimum wage jobs that would require me to claim top up benefits to survive.
How does that differ from slavery?
I cannot get out of this situation because my government is corrupt to the core. They pay billions to BACK TO WORK companys who do nothing other than try to push me into WORK FOR BENEFIT SCHEMES

We ARE slaves.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Depends on what you count
as riches...

The man who never sees his family
and kids because he travels and works
and makes 150,000 a year

Guy who works a factory job making 60,000
a year, sees his family every day, comes home
forgets about work, plays with the kid's watches
a football game...

Ehh if you got a roof and food your not poor...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The problem with the idea of being "poor" is that most equate money with happiness.
I don't and consider myself a rich person -
I have family who love me, friends all over, a roof over my head and no outstanding bills.
Being disabled I don't have money but I do have more time than most people do -
I'm very rich in time so I spend a lot of it here; some as a member, some as a Mod but I enjoy all of it.
Nobody can tell me I'm poor.

I would like to see more economic fairness in the world.
People deserve a living wage for working and owners don't deserve the insane profits many make.
I would love to see a truly free market where the competition isn't stacked in favor of corporate interests.
I must be some type of radical,

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Hi, I'M POOR.

The only thing on offer to me is minimum wage jobs that would require me to claim top up benefits to survive.
I cannot get out of this situation because my government is corrupt to the core. They pay billions to BACK TO WORK companys who do nothing other than try to push me into WORK FOR BENEFIT SCHEMES

We ARE slaves.

The same corrupt Government that are paying you benefits in order to survive on top of minimum wage will gladly pay for you to be retrained to a career that will make you employable, you just need to ask.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I define poor as living in a state where one major emergency (sudden medical emergency, car blowing out, etc) would ruin (leave you homeless, jobless, or immediately having to declare bankruptcy) your life. That being the case, a good chunk of the people that I know are poor. I'm not, but only because I'm lucky enough to have family with the love and financial ability to help me out.
edit on 25-4-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Hi, I'M POOR.

We ARE slaves.

The same corrupt Government that are paying you benefits in order to survive on top of minimum wage will gladly pay for you to be retrained to a career that will make you employable, you just need to ask.

You are so wrong. Try the link in my signature, that is exactly what that thread is all about.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think I get what you are saying, but the word "poor" is very far reaching.
I like many people are much much less well off than I was say a decade ago, and as a previous poster mentioned, take advantage of a social welfare payment while I am self employed, working six days a week.
I am lucky, seeing my family every day, and I get by, even affording a few pints at the end of the week.
I wouldn't dream of shouting out loud and proud that I was poor, as I know I would be heckled down by the next man who was poorer.
In my opinion, for what it is worth, the term "poor" is a mindset,

In the words of one of the founding fathers:

“Content makes poor men rich; discontentment makes rich men poor” — Benjamin Franklin

For me, being able to let go of the pursuit of money has made a huge difference to me, yes I still need it, but no I wont kill myself to get it, rather I try to focus on other ways to achieve what I need. (honest ways!)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Always a sensible reply from you, one of the few mods I never diagree with (so dont leave ats)) but I'd like to pick you up on this line.

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
The problem with the idea of being "poor" is that most equate money with happiness.

Without money I cant pay bills. If I cant pay bills a baillif will come and take my possesions. The system we have now requires us to have money to keep the wolf from the door. How can we be happy with wolves at the door?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Let me explain this...
People don’t want to be seen poor because we live in a developed world that does not tolerate poor. Look at the conservatives and Margret Thatcher. Also, Mr. Cameron. Either way people pretend to make themselves look better. It is need and want. If someone has something someone else wants it.
Greed runs through most and they will never stop till they are better.
Why do you think there is racism?
It is not the colour that is the difference.
It is a distraction to make people forget that they are poor and therefore relate to each other while the rich fill up the pockets.
Europe is the main criminal here. It takes and takes until there is nothing left.
Once again look at Spain and Greece. THATS GERMAN NOW!

Icelandic people understood that they should not do so and stood up against the rich as one and basically said
'So what we are in debt, we are poor, we aren’t paying it'
That’s the way I see it.
Thanks for reading
Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellzdoms
'So what we are in debt, we are poor, we aren’t paying it'
That’s the way I see it.
Thanks for reading
Peace

Iceland get a big
from me too.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

True what you say regarding job companies.
I was offered to work for one by a friend who had "Connections".
He told me much of the money came from European funding then the money was "Creamed Off" "Jobs for the boys".
The service to unemployed people being the last consideration and insulting to their intelligence.
I refused the well payed job because it goes against my principles.
Some things are more valuable than money.
I would rather be dirt poor than a slave to corruption

edit on 25-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

for you.

I'd have taken the job just so I could get information, then I'd have posted it here

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
People need to work. People need healthcare that is supplied by the government like Canada,England, and other countries have. Many people can't go to work or they loose healthcare. Good healthcare is not a bragging right.

I think a person could live on minimum wage if they had healthcare free. Employers wouldn't have to pay 8-12 percent of the wages to workers comp either, that could go towards healthcare. People won't have to worry about getting sued because an accident occured on their property and the hospital bills cost a fortune. Everyone would be saving lots of money which could be used to pay for this. Then a person could live on less money and feel secure. Our system is keeping the poor, poor. Many are afraid they will loose everything so have to stay poor and never try to exceed. They can't afford all the different insurances. Our system is designed so the poor cannot get out of the rut. Everyone wants to feel richer than someone else. Poor people tend to have high cable bills because they are trying to be richer looking than other poor people. What a mess that pride causes.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In America there is no real compassion for "the poor" and among "the poor" there is even a pecking order. You cant LOOK poor or you are ridiculed and shunned even among fellow poor. The govt doesnt want you to see the poor or recognize there ARE true poor and those who are one paycheck away from homelessness. Everything here is masked and the people mask it themselves. Theyll go without things to put on the facade of NOT being poor... or less poor than other poor.

I dont know, its just the most absurd thing.

I say stand and be counted so people can see the true state of things. Maybe this whole denial thing is why we dont demand real change.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I realise this is a bit stereotypical and generalised, but compare this list of the worlds' 10 richest countries from 2012:

www.smartearningmethods.com...

With this list of the world's 10 happiest countries from late 2010:

www.financialjesus.com...

Only Canada appears in both. Note what it says about Guatemala.

Now I fully expext to be torched for this rather feeble attempt to make a point, I hear what people have said about jobs and the like, buy just another angle.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: found more up to date list

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My business grosses over $150,000 a year. I take home less than $25,000, got to love our rapist Government.

At least I get to grant the bucket list dreams of others on a daily basis. It is in that I am not "poor".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Guy who works a factory job making 60,000
a year...

What factory job pays 60,000 a year? That is over $30 an hour. You would be lucky to make half that.

The unskilled workers in the plant make $13 an hour...
...That prepared him for a job that pays around $19 an hour (50% more than the unskilled workers) and involves overseeing “several machines, performing on-the-spot quality checks and making appropriate adjustments as needed.”

The reality of factory work in America

I don't see the point of this thread. I grew up in the UK, and one thing we working class prided ourselves in was dressing well regardless of our income. Who wants to dress like a bum? That doesn't make people want to help you, it just makes people disrespect you.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Always a sensible reply from you, one of the few mods I never diagree with (so dont leave ats)) but I'd like to pick you up on this line.

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Without money I cant pay bills. If I cant pay bills a baillif will come and take my possesions. The system we have now requires us to have money to keep the wolf from the door. How can we be happy with wolves at the door?

You're right about that. If the bills weren't paid I would not have a home and that would make me a poor, and unhappy person indeed. I still fantasize about what it was like to live as an aboriginal and live simply off the land. Today the system takes what nature provided for free and charges us for it.
NO POACHING THE KINGS DEER!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join