It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you believe in Jesus.. But which Jesus?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

My very simple answer:

MORALS WERE INVENTED BY MAN.

Man came up with right and wrong. Why? Because man is too clever and intelligent to roam about without morals. If allowed cannibalism to keep society under control, they would kill purely for the fun of it and blame it on "society control."

You want an answer as to why? We're too ****ing smart, and too ****ing impulsive/greedy/manipulative. We are wolves given brains without desire for the greater good. That's why.

Does that work for you?

edit on CThursdaypm383824f24America/Chicago26 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by timelordchick

What do you hope to gain from being a Roman Catholic?

Do you know the only way to heaven is through the son, Jesus holds the key...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

"MORALS WERE INVENTED BY MAN"

Really? what do you base that on...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Would you like the Wikipedia link that says you are wrong?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

"MORALS WERE INVENTED BY MAN"

Really? what do you base that on...

Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good (or right) and those that are bad (or wrong).

Last I knew, animals weren't exactly concerned with "right" and "wrong" so much as surviving...plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Would you like the Wikipedia link that says you are wrong?

Wikipedia is not a final authority.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

And where does it say Morals were created by man?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Lionhearte

Nope not in the least.... that is the actual issue here... Christians assume he said something he did not... He never claimed to be God, and in one situation he even denied it... though most of you like to overlook that passage...

Others claimed he was God... John uses it in his narration... Thomas called him God... Jesus didn't ever make that claim... if he did i would gladly change my stance... Unfortunatly unless some scripture comes to light that has never been revealed to the world sometime in the future, my stance on the issue remains solid...

It just seems like you are cherry picking for some reason, that's why I'm asking. You seem intent on making it known that Jesus never claimed he was God in the flesh, or that the words of John or Thomas or anything other than Jesus himself isn't valid. So, you either only believe certain parts of the Bible as divinely inspired, or you interpret the details differently to such great degree, that either way, it's cherry picking.

When Jesus says to the Jews, "I AM", he was declaring to be God. In context, he says "Before Abraham was born." - keyword being BEFORE, past tense - "I AM" - present tense. It's later confirmed that the Jews knew EXACTLY what Jesus meant, in John 10:33 - They answered,
We do not want to stone you because of any good deeds, but because of your blasphemy! You are only a man, but you are trying to make yourself God!
(GNT version - been using it ever I saw the Gospel of John movie
)

Are you actually pleading with me to take a christian stance on the issue, when its clear that claiming he was God in the flesh is a flaw? Sorry my friend, my beliefs change when i find a higher truth... and they haven't changed in many years...

I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm trying to understand.

Let me make it as simple as i can for you to understand... He never once claimed he was God... that is an assumption held by the churches of the world... Since he never made that claim... by saying he was God you call him a liar by omission... meaning for some reason he left that important little factoid out of his lessons...

No, you're calling God himself a liar. The Bible is the written work of God, and it very clearly says Jesus is God, in plain text.

He did not claim to be God... not one time... Don't you think if he was God in the flesh, he would have said so... not try to hide it from the world?

He has made it known.. very clearly.. There's a reason the entire Church believes he was God in the flesh, because God made it known.

I'll leave you with this -

Hebrews 1:8

About the Son, however, God said:

Your kingdom, O God, will last forever and ever!
You rule over your people with justice.

He also says, a little further down in Hebrews 1:10-12 -

He also said,
You, Lord, in the beginning created the earth,
and with your own hands you made the heavens.
11 They will disappear, but you will remain;
they will all wear out like clothes.
12 You will fold them up like a coat,
and they will be changed like clothes.
But you are always the same,
and your life never ends.

Remember, this is GOD talking to JESUS. Read the entire thing in context, and God even commands the angels to worship the Son..

Yet one of the commandments are - thou shalt have no other god before me. Yet God, commands that Jesus be worshiped.. as a God. Because Jesus is God.

Peace, friend.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Yes the Bible was written for man, but you do realize that bugs, animals, flowers,etc all have souls just like a human. Therefore we are no different than them and they are no different than us, everything has a soul.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

YOU are NOT Gods punishment!

You are his blessing... so the foolish can learn

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

MORALS WERE INVENTED BY MAN.

Yes, i get what you are saying. But, you made the argument that if the animals doing it, why can we do it also. The answer that you gave me, is making your argument obsolete. The reason is as you say :

Because man is too clever and intelligent to roam about without morals.

In my opinion, however. You cannot have it both ways.

If allowed cannibalism to keep society under control, they would kill purely for the fun of it and blame it on "society control."

There are some tribes that are/were cannibalistic. Why is that ? Are they not "Humans" ? Do they not have morals ? or is it something natural to them ?

Does that work for you?

If it works for you, i am fine with that my friend.

Peace

link   

link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Therefore we are no different than them and they are no different than us, everything has a soul.

Everything ? Does the paper has a soul, since it came from a tree ? And while we are at it. What is your definition of a soul if i may ask ?

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I know you lived a good life and it just seems you read to much if you read three books at a time and I felt they where the only ones in your life and your back must be in pain from that eighteen wheeler friend. you should try that dangerous road thing I see on T.V.
I do not wish to make you angry or to make you a believer, but just to let you know to walk softly on those you wish to hurt or debunk. I know some can just really jam it down your throat but not all are like that, Tell your family I said hello and I hope nothing has happened in your life that would make you feel so angry.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

I'd like a crack at this, if I may.

A soul, to my understanding, is any type of energy with the potential to have a consciousness (even if we are not aware of it) and the ability to retain information or process other energies.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here's the re-uploaded video that I originally posted for people who didn't get to see it:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join