It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you believe in Jesus.. But which Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You cannot pick and choose which scriptures you choose to accept and which ones you don't. Ether you trust the Bible as God's inspired word or you do not. God would not be loving if he did not punish sin. God is perfectly just and to ignore sin would make him a corrupt judge.

Of course you are free to rebel against God and shun the truth. Not everyone will be saved and many are going to perish. Only around 50 out of 2000 people make it to heaven. That is alot of people heading to hell.

All I can do is spread the truth which can only be found in Christ Jesus to those who will listen and have not yet hardened there hearts to the gospel. When I became a Christian I accepted full responsibility for my actions in life, - not something many people are willing to do.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

There are 16 known Jesus's in history at that time. How do you know which one you are worshipping? Before Christianity there were 15 other religions that also had a saviour who died for our sins, then rose from the dead. There are at least 346 striking analogies between Christ and Krishna, the Hindu God. From the book:

Amazon Link to Book

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

You cannot pick and choose which scriptures you choose to accept and which ones you don't. Ether you trust the Bible as God's inspired word or you do not. God would not be loving if he did not punish sin. God is perfectly just and to ignore sin would make him a corrupt judge.

Of course you are free to rebel against God and shun the truth. Not everyone will be saved and many are going to perish. Only around 50 out of 2000 people make it to heaven. That is alot of people heading to hell.

All I can do is spread the truth which can only be found in Christ Jesus to those who will listen and have not yet hardened there hearts to the gospel. When I became a Christian I accepted full responsibility for my actions in life, - not something many people are willing to do.

I don't pick and choose. Based on the scriptures, my opinion of your god isn't the highest.

Shun the truth? What truth? Your truth is possibly a lie that has lead people to lead good lives because they are afraid of what they face after death...

Because NO ONE KNOWS WHAT COMES AFTER DEATH.

By the way, a very intelligent person said that their friend met Set. You know, the egyptian god? Set says there is no Satan. If there is no Satan...well, you can go from there. Speaking of which, that intelligent person has just shown you proof that Jesus's story isn't exactly original.

edit on CWednesdaypm464627f27America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well then you have a poor understanding of the Bible.

And I don't think anything good can come from a lie. People leading good lives... Oh what a travesty!

Can't be having that in a starchild universe can we?

God know's whats after death and he has revealed it to us.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect - Matthew 24:24

As you can see even very intelligent people will be deceived if they do not have Jesus as there rock.

Egyptian Gods are false deity's... Where were they when YHWH brought the plagues to Egypt?

Answer is no where to be seen.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I know you don't really believe that or if you do you have not done your homework.

That's all I got to say about that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Do you pray the Hail Mary, or pray to any saint?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

RG and a few others here are hardcore fundamentalists. You won't find them praying to a saint, or kissing the pope's ring either.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Have you seen any of this yourself? Or do you just not bother to think for yourself?

That's the impression I'm getting. You've been spoon fed everything you believe...you didn't find any of it for yourself, unlike the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thank you, I was trying to get a take on what (true) branch of Christianity, the OP's perspective is from.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

No because the only person prayed to in the Bible is God. Praying to saints is unbiblical and idolatry.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Klassified

Thank you, I was trying to get a take on what (true) branch of Christianity, the OP's perspective is from.

The Bible.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Have you seen any of this yourself? Or do you just not bother to think for yourself?

That's the impression I'm getting. You've been spoon fed everything you believe...you didn't find any of it for yourself, unlike the rest of us.

I doubt very much that you have investigated the claims made by those who say the life of Jesus copied from Horus and other ancient pagan religions. If you did you would know the claims of Jesus as a myth or an exaggeration originated in the writings of 19th century liberal German theologians. Once the facts are examined, these claims are proven false.
edit on 25-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Let me be clear: Jesus is ether a Liar, Lunatic or Lord.
Or legend, or embellishment. Why stop with just those three you mentioned? Who are you, CS Lewis?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If Autowrench posted it, I'm sure he's done his research.

Jesus was not original. Even Buddha shares his story...and unlike Jesus, Buddha gives you the freewill to choose your own path. Buddha did not desire worship...only respect for the forces that are beyond our control and understanding.

Worship is demeaning. Respect is healthy. Realize the difference.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That books been completely, utterly, and thoroughly debunked.

Stop spreading deception

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

No because the only person prayed to in the Bible is God. Praying to saints is unbiblical and idolatry.

I would rather NOT take all of my lessons from a book. There's a little something called "life"...

You learn a lot from that too.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I would rather NOT take all of my lessons from a book. There's a little something called "life"...

You learn a lot from that too.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join