It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you believe in Jesus.. But which Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So many people here claim they believe in Jesus but which Jesus is this?

Perhaps its a fictional Jesus that doesn't exist in the bible?

Watch this video to find out: www.youtube.com...

Just because someone says they believe in Jesus Christ that doesn't mean they are referring to the Jesus of the Bible. Let me be clear: Jesus is ether a Liar, Lunatic or Lord. The Bible leaves no room for anything else.

The most foolish thing a person can say is that he was a mere "prophet" or "wise man"... He claimed to be God Incarnate not a wise man or prophet. Prophets and wise men do not perform miracles that are not humanly possible.

Only the real Jesus Christ of the Bible can forgive sins. Having a belief in a fictional Jesus won't do anything to save you... Nore will simply believing that he existed.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 1 Corinthians 6:9

Making up fictional Jesus' is nothing short of idolatry.

If you have done that then it is not to late for you. If your reading this topic then your heart still beats! Repent and put your trust in the real Jesus Christ of the Bible who is nothing short of God in the flesh! And you will be saved.
edit on 25-4-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I place 100% faith in Jesus the Christ of Nazareth,

the incarnate Son of God who is attested to through our New Testament, and alluded to throughout the Old Testament

The king of kings, the alpha and omega, the I am, YHVH in the flesh,

LORD of heaven and earth,

Creator of the universe.

Thanks for the thread,

S&F
edit on 4/25/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

No problem. I felt the need to make this topic with so many false teachers here on ATS spreading a false gospel. I hope you enjoy the video.

God bless.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Excellent, EXCELLENT!

Just finished watching it,

Perfect!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't mean to be divisive, but merely playing the Devil's advocate.

If this video claims that only ONE of the Jesus' is correct. On what authority does he base this? The Jesus you know will be 'confirmed' through your Bible, but the Jehovah's will have the same confirmation in their holy scripts.

So, which makes YOUR Jesus the correct one?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Let me be clear: Jesus is ether a Liar, Lunatic or Lord. The Bible leaves no room for anything else.

The most foolish thing a person can say is that he was a mere "prophet" or "wise man"... He claimed to be God Incarnate not a wise man or prophet. Prophets and wise men do not perform miracles that are not humanly possible.

I'll make this short and sweet...

He did not once claim to be God... not a single time....

Before abraham was I AM... meaning he came from the essence of God... he was not God in the flesh... john said that... not Jesus.

I and my father are one.... same deal.... As a son is of the same essence as what created him... his Father...

and just to close this arguement....

Your God.... has a God.... meaning he is not the ONE true God.... he is Gods son... as he claimed many times...

16Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

That is all...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

He claimed to be God, but did he say we weren't god?

I believe everything is made from God's own "flesh"...so that would make Jesus the "son" of god, along with all of us.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

Any single entity claiming to have the "actual" interpretation of the Bible is wrong,

You have to come to your own conclusions, and if you've truly studied the Bible, you can come to no other conclusion than the ones presented in this video.

If you've come to other conclusions, you've failed Gods test.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

No problem. I felt the need to make this topic with so many false teachers here on ATS spreading a false gospel. I hope you enjoy the video.

God bless.

A false gospel?

Your gospel barely makes sense...we're just trying to make sense of it, and in the process, we find out that everything isn't as it should be...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sorry for asking another semi off topic question, but I see you respond to a lot of the threads I enjoy reading.

One thing I cannot understand that you write frequently is this. You always right YHVH, but I have ALWAYS seen this as YHWH, and you are the first, and so far only, person to change this spelling. Do they mean the same thing, or is one accurate, and one inaccurate.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You're correct in saying that, but you're so wishy washy I can never tell if you mean what you're saying or not.

In most of your threads you take an atheist perspective and claim YHVH doesn't exist and neither does Jesus and the Bible is baloney and anyone who believes in anything except our world is a fool,

in some of your other posts, you claim to believe in the divine, a creator, spiritual things, etc,

This is the problem with having no foundation to your beliefs. You're beliefs are ALWAYS changing, as are mine, but you've got to have some kind of foundation to base them off of, or everything you believe in crumbles and nothing has a basis in reality

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Different English renderings of the Hebrew Tetragrammation,

Some render it YHWH, some spell it Yahweh, some render it YHVH, some spell it YaHVeH, some render it Jehova, the KJV Bible renders it the LORD, and in a few places Jehova, all are speaking of the same Being, the I am that Moses encountered as the "burning bush".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

In most of your threads you take an atheist perspective and claim YHVH doesn't exist and neither does Jesus and the Bible is baloney and anyone who believes in anything except our world is a fool,

I never said a godly being doesn't exist. I just don't agree with your definition.

I can't say anything for certain about Jesus.

This is the problem with having no foundation to your beliefs. You're beliefs are ALWAYS changing, as are mine, but you've got to have some kind of foundation to base them off of, or everything you believe in crumbles and nothing has a basis in reality

I'm polycredic. I take bits and pieces from everything...because no science or faith is entirely correct, including yours. I take the pieces that fit and create a collage. That's my "religion". And no, it doesn't change unless it needs to.
edit on CWednesdaypm363646f46America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Different English renderings of the Hebrew Tetragrammation,

Some render it YHWH, some spell it Yahweh, some render it YHVH, some spell it YaHVeH, some render it Jehova, the KJV Bible renders it the LORD, and in a few places Jehova, all are speaking of the same Being, the I am that Moses encountered as the "burning bush".

Thank you for clarifying and doing so in a civil manner.

We need more people willing to discuss these issues, and not become argumentative right from the start.

Again, thank you.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

To clarify that a bit further for our friend and the sake of showing continuity, all of them come from the hebrew characters yod heh vav heh (spell as you wish, the hebrew gets funny). Hebrew doesn't have a V sound, though, so vav is usually rendered W, hence that common spelling.

The rest all stem from there, and "the LORD" in most bibles comes from the jewish tradition of considering the name too holy to say out loud, so they marked it with the vowel points for lord so as not to slip up while reading it...and most translators continue the same. Bad tradition, IMO, stemming from their hedge around the law.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

There is a big difference between "just trying to make sense of something"... Than trying to find every little excuse and reason to not believe in it because to do so you would have to accept the reality that God holds each of us personally responsible for our actions. You cannot live a life of sin and go to heaven. This is the reason most people shun the truth and never get saved. They deceive themselves into believing their are other ways to heaven or that their is no afterlife when nothing could be further from the truth.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

There is a big difference between "just trying to make sense of something"... Than trying to find every little excuse and reason to not believe in it because to do so you would have to accept the reality that God holds each of us personally responsible for our actions. You cannot live a life of sin and go to heaven. This is the reason most people shun the truth and never get saved.

I never said Source doesn't hold us accountable. However, I don't think it's entirely as "simple" as you think it is...

And you have the knowledge to declare me wrong on this? Please provide your evidence, if you will.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The Jesus I've read about, in the most reliable reports by his pals or next generation testimony of his pals, hung out with prostitutes, the poor, lived the good life by sharing wine and more, and told the people some very good truths which he'd learned by studying and knocking out many of the patterns he picked up as a youngster (he wouldn't have needed those "40 days" is he hadn't picked up some garbage along the way he had to work around). If Jesus came back and saw that his life was symbolized by crosses and wafers and nonsense he'd probably have a good bellylaugh. He probably had a very healthy and loud laugh. He didn't like liars and hypocrites, knew that everyone had lust (himself included), and more or less said "Give peace a chance". A nice fellow.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Its actually very simple... Repent of your sins and put your faith and trust in Jesus as your Lord and savior. Or perish and spend eternity in hell. There is no substitute to Jesus.

My authority comes from the Holy scriptures which come from God.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

My authority comes from the Holy scriptures which come from God.

The specifics listed in the "Holy Scriptures" talk about unconditional love...with a condition. One that is not only completely unreasonable, but has ghastly consequences should you fail to fulfill it.

No more need be said. Sorry, but that's my stance. You can keep your bloodthirsty god. I, myself, will not worship Mars, god of war and strife.

Heck...it could even be Loki! With that sense of humor, I'm sure...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join