It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I don't know what you mean by "the fabric of reality". I am guessing you mean a particular piece of the physical universe.

No. I mean this entire universe as we know it. I mean reality as in this dimension...this vibrational plane.

I also don't know who or what you mean by "Source". It seems like you are making the universe, God, and the source of the universe, all one thing.

That is correct. Everything came from one thing, from which all comes and all will come, and all will go back to. It's pure science...we're just too young to completely understand it. Perhaps we're too young to even begin to understand it.

I would take the opposite view, that they are separate and that the "Source" was some sort of plan in a type of primordial "mind" which existed in the void, which ceased to exist once there was at least a proto-universe, which means that the universe was still in the organization process, creating errors, if you can call it that, but things which create barriers that you have to find work-arounds for.

You have just as much reason to believe in your theory as I have to believe in mine. I won't attempt to dissuade you, I only ask that you consider my view as well...and not just discount it as New Age nonsense or scientology garbage.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I only ask that you consider my view as well...and not just discount it as New Age nonsense or scientology garbage.
I used to think like that but see it now as a "faith" thing, to believe the hymns you sing in church.
I found out what was the rational view, and when I saw it, I saw the truth of it, and adopted it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Okay so as promised here is the remainder of my past and how it led up to my mentor and what he taught me. So once again I thought I was crazy and deranged after my episode with near Death. Yet at the same time I was fascinated by it. Why did the man.... and that world seem so real? Why did he say it was not yet my time? Why couldn't I ask any questions? It was all so fascinating that I may be important in the world, important in a place that seemed to have me be this unnoticable dot. Yes.... I was going to have love, recognition, friends I thought to myself. All the while did I not remember my past... the words and the subtle hints.... I was still ignorant to the realities of the world.

So at this point in time my friends were becoming more and more distant from me. I was in High School now and the bullying was just as bad then as it was in Middle School. Nothing seemed to change except for the fact that this time my friends no longer stood by me... and they no longer protected me and made me feel loved and wanted. So I began to drift more and more into this other world... which I constantly strived to reach and live in. Because that place felt like home... I truly thought I would find love and happiness in that place. Now for the story of a guy I had met on the Role Playing Website... the guy I am talking about is the one I had started to fall in love with and who had helped me reach this place earlier that I thought had been fake and lost unto myself at the time. You must remember no one was teaching me a thing about my abilities... and the man who was my idol and at this point in time my mentor was an awful man. See... he was what led me before my suicidal experience the first time ((Fully in contact with astral at that point in time)) to the astral while I was awake. My ability to enter it awake and fully conscious and see and experience its wonders. It was amazing.... I could see and talk to these other people... and they were nice.... amazing.... kind hearted.... loving and forgiving. These are the people that in a world that seemed so fake.... would begin to slowly intergrate me into real life dealings and experiences. Who began to mold me to slowly change or what I thought was change to become a better person. In a way they succeeded and I had become a better indivdual... but I was still selfish... I was still an ignorant fool because I did not care about myself but them. That was my down fall... and you will find this out later why it was my down fall.

So this man Alex began to teach me the ways of my power... and he kept telling me I was great and would become a great and powerful individual one day. I adored him and his words but eventually as we began to talk more and more often it began to become clear he wasn't honest and truthful in his teachings. When he said I'd be there if I truly needed him he was not there. So one day at my ropes end I called him up... still believing in honesty and truth.... he was my first of many harsh wake up calls. He yelled at me and told me he'd never speak to me again... because I wished to die and leave him and the others of our family alone. It hurt and so that night... I took twenty seven five hundred milligram Tylenol pills.... sad to say I woke up that night... fine and breathing.... but I was high as freaken hell. That was my first true attempt at suicide... and it had failed... my family wouldn't figure out the true measures of my pain and suffering and problems until I was a lot, lot older.... when I would tell them of my suicidal experiences.

So.... to make a long hard story short... this man eventually told the girl to go screw herself in a better term of words.... ((Not allowed to use the profanties and abuses I recieved X.X)) but regardless.... it was because of his former kindness that the girl started to question if he was not just a lost soul. She began to wonder about humanity and herself. Was she evil like this man? No she told herself... she tried to do right... she tried to bring herself and others happiness. There should be nothing wrong with that. This was her first life lesson.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Rishiana because: Spelling error

edit on 1-5-2012 by Rishiana because: Spelling errors

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I don't sing hymns.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well honestly Akragon I'm not going to make a promise that can not be kept. There will be days when I fight the word suicide and I'm not about to lie to you. I still feel this way and I wish to be totally honest with how I feel. To boot I began to almost relapse and I'm realizing I need to practice and keep to my own teachings for me. I don't think I truly love myself until I believe in myself also and thats harder then loving yourself. I truly think it is....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rishiana

And why exactly can't you believe in yourself?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rishiana
reply to post by Akragon

Well honestly Akragon I'm not going to make a promise that can not be kept. There will be days when I fight the word suicide and I'm not about to lie to you. I still feel this way and I wish to be totally honest with how I feel. To boot I began to almost relapse and I'm realizing I need to practice and keep to my own teachings for me. I don't think I truly love myself until I believe in myself also and thats harder then loving yourself. I truly think it is....

I really need you to understand something my dear... Life is a gift given by God... Now while its true that life is eternal, you also have a path that you must walk... Of course there will be bumps in the road as you travel, but you are meant to finish your time here... IF you end your life prematurely... you'll be comming back to the physical world either way... And the Karma you will have accrued by ending your life before its time will not be pretty... in other words. Those who destroy what God gave them are not worthy of this gift... you unknowingly condem yourself to return to this reality because simply put... you haven't learned what you are here to learn... Thus you will not only increase the problems you'll encounter in your next incarnation, but you're litterally taking a step backwards, if not several....

Look at this passage from an ancient book called "Pistis Sophia"... one of my favorite Gnostic texts...

A "man who curses" is given a body that will be continually "troubled in heart". A "man who slanders" receives a body that will be "oppressed". A thief receives a "lame, crooked and blind body". A "proud" and "scornful" man receives "a lame and ugly body" that "everyone continually despises." Thus earth, as well as hell, becomes the place of punishment.

These are the mildest of sins... nothing compared to murder... rape or other such attrocities... IF this is what these people will recieve in their next life... Can you imagine what you will recieve if you destroy what God gave you?

Your Body is a temple of God on earth... Suicide is one of the greatest of all sins... because not only are you assuming Gods authority... But you're stealing from him as well...

You have the right to do as you will... no one can stop you... but you're not putting yourself in a better postion by prematurely ending your life... you only create more misery...

Clearly you've been given many gifts in this life... DO NOT waste them my dear friend...

We all have our time here, and we all must face death eventually... that is one of the few absolutes in this life...

As i've said before, you must be the change you want to see in the world... show the world that tremendous love inside you... your soul is litterally screaming at you to make that change.

Please hear what i tell you...

Love is the key... its within you and within all life

Practice it, know it... Be love... And you will have the world at your command

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rishiana
reply to post by Akragon

You probably already know this, but just in case: cardio exercise helps a lot.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I am going to share something that I think you will understand. We are all evil just as the bible says, but there is something that blocks us from seeing the truth about ourselves. We don't realize the depth of our evil, our greed, our selfishness, our complete lack of caring for the people around us. Somehow, call it a gift or curse your eyes have been opened and you can see with your eyes and hear with your ears.

This evil is not us but the flesh that we live in. Our spirit and our flesh are a sort of earthly heaven and hell. Most people never except or understand the truth so they are condemned to live in the hell of their flesh, always pursing the desires of the flesh, thus always being punished for pursing the path that leads to death.

You have learned to hate your flesh but you do not have to commit suicide to escape the flesh. The spirit of God has provided a path so that you may overcome the flesh. If you continue to believe in the spirit and follow the path that God has for you, your spirit will be separated from your flesh so that you no longer are a slave to the desires of your flesh. This is what Jesus calls being born again. In a very real way your flesh dies and your spirit is born.

When your spirit is born you have entered into the Kingdome of heaven. The bible says the kingdom of heaven is within. You must have faith and believe in the spirit to enter into the relationship with the spirit within. Now it becomes your spirit that lives and the spirit of Christ that lives through you. The Kingdome of heaven becomes alive in you.

You mention that you have gifts and I believe that you are telling the truth. If you can learn to listen to the spirit in you, I believe the purpose of your gifts will be unlocked. I believe you are close, hang on and let God work his miracle of rebirth into the spirit. The key is to believe, the spirit will confirm what I say. You must trust that there is a better way, a way where you are free from the chains of sin, so that you may do and be the woman that your spirit wants you to be.

This is the message in the bible, and the words that come from our lord Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I don't sing hymns.

You may have, at some point in your life.
And I may not be talking about you in particular.
What I am getting at is a kind of personal mythology that you believe yourself, but may be based on experiences like that, and nothing else.
edit on 1-5-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If I was you I'd seek God diligently to try and find answers. I am confident if you do that you will find the truth that is only found in Jesus.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

You are apart of the Roman Catholic religion (whore of babylon) are you not? Talking about studying the scriptures could you point out to me where praying to saints is Biblical? Also you claim I act like a Pharasee but it is Roman Catholics that teach salvation by works and not faith alone.
edit on 2-5-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by sacgamer25

You are apart of the Roman Catholic religion (whore of babylon) are you not? Talking about studying the scriptures could you point out to me where praying to saints is Biblical? Also you claim I act like a Pharasee but it is Roman Catholics that teach salvation by works and not faith alone.
edit on 2-5-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

No I am not a Catholic nor do I believe in what they teach. I am not a protestant either because I don't believe in their traditions either. What I believe is Christ in me, the Holy Spirit promised to all believers through faith. I also believe every word of the bible and since the bible says faith without works is dead, I believe that it is by ones actions that they demonstrate their faith.

It was Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son that was credited to him as righteousness. One must not just believe but they must put their faith to work. You follow a denomination that says you are saved apart from works, and that is true. It is what you do once you are saved that is the true measure of your faith. And it is only by the Holy Spirit that one can know what they are to do. You will know them by their fruits not by what they say they believe.

You have so much potential because you seek the truth. But you must listen to Christ and do what he says if you are to ever understand that potential.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
To everyone in the thread. I have been away and have fallen through the cracks. I have broken myself, been betrayed, and been severely hurt. I am now at the stage where people tell me what ya'll have been typing and it hurts my mind and heart and brain and soul to hear these things that I once believed in and see them slip through the cracks. Love is something I have done forever..... and I have recently been told that because I do not love myself, I have never loved anyone or thing at all. No one has understood my dreams, my gifts, what I tried to bring to what I saw as a dying world. There is so much in life that hurts and rips at your very being. I tried to love myself, be who I was once thought I was. They did not understand. I am with a man I care for deeply now and who I feel wants me to do what ya'll have talked about here..... but I just do not know if I can anymore. I have seen that the way I think is very one sided now.... because I have only ever truly known one side. I never got the side from my Family where I was loved for me and seen as well.... a good person. No one respects my wishes..... no one truly cares about my dreams because they are not for them. The world wants me to create myself the way I saw myself or so they claim.... but I truly do not know if thats possible. Who I am.... what I was..... where I came from are lost causes. God has seemingly done a lot for you all through his teachings.... and its what my Parents believe in as well. As for me.... I do not know if I see a God. I feel I may see the shadows that constrict the light of the individuals instead. Thank you for your kind words though. They did mean a lot.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You need to have a self-image, and one you make yourself.
Don't accept anyone else's image that they want to paste over your real self.
Hopelessness is your worst enemy.
See those good things about yourself that you know, and let that be what others see, whether they 'approve' or not.
Fighting to maintain that integrity is worth the chance of failure and infinitely better than letting others rob it from you.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thank you and I've learned this recently.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join