It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ron Paul Supporters More Intelligent?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76
Yes and no.

Yes smart people wish Ron Paul was in office, but really smart people know that if they want Nobama out they cannot vote for him. Really smart people know they can't vote for who they want but for who's got the best chance to betting Nobama. And because haft the population has no common sense they are just going to vote for who the media tells them to vote for. If people start voting for Ron Paul, the republican vote will be split still making Nobama have the most votes.

And Really, really smart people realize that you could vote jesus christ into the office, and it wouldnt change a thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Even if RP won the election nothing would change.

The absolute most he could do is tear up all the executive orders he can get his hand on and start vetoing the hell out of everything that touches his desk.

The only thing, besides the proverbial armed revolt, that can really fix things is for the majority of congress to cease their authoritarian fear-mongering class-warfare nonsense and take the position of liberty.

That's not going to happen ever. There's no money or power in liberty. You cant scare people with boogeymen or tax their labor with liberty.

Ron Paul has done a great service by getting the message out as best he can. Perhaps others will continue and in time the population will shift to accepting liberty.

I wouldnt hold my breath though.

Just try to deal with the fact that your life is run by a cabal of tyrants and morons as best you can and pray there is something beyond this life.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If our votes actually counted for President, voting would have been banned 200 years ago.

Keeping this illusion that we are actually choosing our President avoids the need to outlaw voting. People revolt when they "know" they have no choice, but they remain manageable when they believe their vote matters.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The Sword, no, I do not think you're an idiot.

However, if Ron Paul WEREN'T running as a Republican he would have no chance to be heard.

Also- I see what you're saying about being disappointed. Hell, I almost bought into Obama's rhetoric there toward the end, hoping that something might actually change. I would say that Ronald Reagan was the last great president that we've had. I think Paul could do the same for us.

Captain- Rome wasn't built in a day. Just as America won't be restored in a day (or even 2 presidential terms). But it is a start. "A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step."

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22

Captain- Rome wasn't built in a day. Just as America won't be restored in a day (or even 2 presidential terms). But it is a start. "A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step."

Explain. Please explain to me how paul will change anything.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, he would begin by cutting a trillion dollars the first year he's voted into office. Then, he would begin to shut down a majority of our overseas military bases in places that we have no need to have a military base. He would most likely bring an end to the war in Afghanistan and then veto any budget bill that didn't balance the budget. There are so many things he could do.

There are quite a few Tea-party congressmen already in place from the mid-term elections in 2010. They will be on board with Paul's agenda. I believe that the tea-party will only pick up more seats during this presidential cycle. So, I honestly believe if Paul got the bid and with the aide of the Tea-Party congressmen in office it could really change the face of the Republican party.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well, he would begin by cutting a trillion dollars the first year he's voted into office. Then, he would begin to shut down a majority of our overseas military bases in places that we have no need to have a military base. He would most likely bring an end to the war in Afghanistan and then veto any budget bill that didn't balance the budget. There are so many things he could do.

There are quite a few Tea-party congressmen already in place from the mid-term elections in 2010. They will be on board with Paul's agenda. I believe that the tea-party will only pick up more seats during this presidential cycle. So, I honestly believe if Paul got the bid and with the aide of the Tea-Party congressmen in office it could really change the face of the Republican party.

How would he cut 1 trillion dollars? How would he shut down the bases?

Tea-partiers are the answer? God save us all! The tea-partiers are over.

This is all great rhetoric, but tell me HOW he would manage to do these things.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
He would do them the same way any president does anything. Make his own budget proposal, get a congressman to sponsor it and pass it through. I think that a lot more Republicans than you realize would vote for a balanced budget proposal, but they are all just too scared with their congressional elections looming. With a president that is on board with it they would vote it in overwhelmingly.

I think closing down bases would be more difficult. I don't think that the Republican platform is designed to support that kind of sane foreign policy. But, that could eventually be done when the Republican party is shifted back more conservatively in that area. Our foreign policy is completely out of whack with what it needs to be, given our domestic financial situation.

A lot of what Paul would do depends on the budget that he will ultimately get passed. A balanced budget cannot sustain a lot of what we do. You gotta make cuts somewhere and the unnecessary things will go first.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

He would do them the same way any president does anything. Make his own budget proposal, get a congressman to sponsor it and pass it through. I think that a lot more Republicans than you realize would vote for a balanced budget proposal, but they are all just too scared with their congressional elections looming. With a president that is on board with it they would vote it in overwhelmingly.

I think closing down bases would be more difficult. I don't think that the Republican platform is designed to support that kind of sane foreign policy. But, that could eventually be done when the Republican party is shifted back more conservatively in that area. Our foreign policy is completely out of whack with what it needs to be, given our domestic financial situation.

A lot of what Paul would do depends on the budget that he will ultimately get passed. A balanced budget cannot sustain a lot of what we do. You gotta make cuts somewhere and the unnecessary things will go first.

So in other words, you dont know, but think he will do these things.

The thing you are missing here, as do all Paul-ites, is that he can propose whatever he wants. Just as Obama has. There is a reason things are not passing. The president is impotent.

So again, I ask, how is putting RP into the current system, which blocks the president from actually accomplishing anything, going to change a thing?

I'm not asking what he claims he will accomplish. Im not asking what you want him to accomplish. I am asking how, realistically, he will accomplish these things.

edit on 25-4-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

So now Ron Paul supporters are stooping to the same tactics that Obama is using? At least you are. Does that not make you the same?

I'm not talking about Ron Paul as he's not responsible for what his groupies say.

If you can't win on issues and have to stoop to name calling and hate, what exactly is it you have?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

A big reason why Obama can't pass what he wants is because the Democrats don't control the house. That will be different for a Republican president if they win. Obama got Obamacare passed and it was wildly unpopular with the public. A balanced budget is different, especially now with how pissed off the public is. Do you think that Paul would not be able to get a balanced budget passed, if elected?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

A big reason why Obama can't pass what he wants is because the Democrats don't control the house. That will be different for a Republican president if they win. Obama got Obamacare passed and it was wildly unpopular with the public. A balanced budget is different, especially now with how pissed off the public is. Do you think that Paul would not be able to get a balanced budget passed, if elected?

Obama had a majority for 2 years. Didnt matter.

I dont think RP has a shot in hell of being elected, and frankly, I hope he's not, as his policies would be devastating to this country. Simply trying to flip the switch, or defaulting on debt, will kill america. Period.

That said, you didnt answer the question. How is he realistically going to accomplish what you claim?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Not necessarily more intelligent, but Ron Paul supporters definitely pay more "real" attention to the issues and are more likely to pay more attention to what the candidates are actually saying rather than who FOX NEWS tells them to vote for.

If you really pay attention, Ron Paul makes the most sense, and is the only candidate who actually proposes real ideas rather than rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In my experience, those people who talk down on Paul, i.e. his detractors, seem to not want to actually debate and discuss the various policies and such that they give as reason to dismiss him. At the best of times they seem to always say "His policies are stupid," and at the worst of times they just say "You're an idiot." Also, it has to be considered that in order to have any idea of what Paul's actual policies are, you have to do a fair bit of research, as the MSM certainly refuses to spew out anything other than propaganda at most times. I'd say instead of smarter, that the average Paul supporter is simply better informed.

Then there are those who simply say that he cannot win. I view these people, when they are sincere, as defeatists, or quitters.

Ah, to hell with it, I'll just throw that "Quitters never win" quote in my sig already.

reply to post by Tbrooks76

Smart people also know that giving up never garners success in one's goals.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Short Answer - Balance the Budget, Cut 1 trillion off the bat in first year, Bring Troops Home (not sure his time frame), Abolish the Patriot Act, Require the FED to be more transparent, Audit Wall Street (just threw this in as good measure).

How will he do this?? Short Answer - Push his legislature through Congress

Any Questions??

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Short Answer - Balance the Budget, Cut 1 trillion off the bat in first year, Bring Troops Home (not sure his time frame), Abolish the Patriot Act, Require the FED to be more transparent, Audit Wall Street (just threw this in as good measure).

How will he do this?? Short Answer - Push his legislature through Congress

Any Questions??

again, you are stating what you want him to accomplish. Not how he will accomplish it.

How will he balance the budget?

How will he cut $1 trillion in a year?

How will he bring the troops home, while still cutting budget?

The president cannot simply "push his legislature through congress".

So, AGAIN, I ask: How will he accomplish these things?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Captain- what more can be said other than what I have said? What are you getting at exactly? How does anything get done in this country? Proposal- sponsorship- committee- floor vote- passed to other house of congress- voted on- passed to the president's desk.. signed or vetoed. I don't see what you're asking at this point

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Captain- what more can be said other than what I have said? What are you getting at exactly? How does anything get done in this country? Proposal- sponsorship- committee- floor vote- passed to other house of congress- voted on- passed to the president's desk.. I don't see what you're asking at this point

You are missing the point, completely. Just because he wants to accomplish those things, doesnt mean a damn thing. Just like all of the things obama wanted to accomplish.

I want ANYONE to tell me how he is going to do it. How he would go into a broken system, and magically make it better.

I want one of you to tell me why the system will work for him, what he will do to get these things passed.

It is downright delusional, and bordering on insane, to think that perpetuating the system that is already broken is going to change said system.
edit on 25-4-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Well yeah, thats because if Jesus was in office, the media would tell us to vote demons into congress, and the ACLU into the senate.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76

Well yeah, thats because if Jesus was in office, the media would tell us to vote demons into congress, and the ACLU into the senate.

You're actually almost getting my point there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join