It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ron Paul Supporters More Intelligent?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A couple Romney Supporters:

A couple Santorum Supporters:

A couple Paul Supporters:

Now, I use these videos as a reference for this hypothesis. Ron Paul was shunned, to a point of almost media blackout, in the 2008 Presidential election. This means that, unless you looked him up online and researched his position on things, you would not have really known who he was, except maybe as "that crazy old guy with whacky ideas". (Because that is how he was/is portrayed in the media) He is getting a lot more coverage in this year's election because he has gained a lot more followers.

What separates Ron Paul supporters from other candidate's supporters is the simple fact that they are able to find alternative sources of information. Read the information. Apply a degree of critical thinking to said information and form an opinion on that information, without having it spoon-fed to them by the MSM.

What other candidate's followers are as informed as Ron Paul supporters?

apparently not because I can't get the videos to embed

edit on 25-4-2012 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2012 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Uhh nope.

Not by a long shot.

All partisan shills are alike, no matter who they shill for. They will treat their candidate like a savior while clamping down on anyone who opposes their candidate.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
None of your embedded videos are working.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I do not think someone can generalize that Paul supports are more intelligent then other candidates followers. Every candidate has extremely well informed followers and also some crazies following them, Paul included. What I do completely agree with is Paul supporters had/have to find alternate sources than the MSM. I would say one could argue their research would be more in depth and they may have a more accurate opinion of their candidate because they did not have the chance to listen to MSM.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I would like to think so to your Question. Embed those videos, use the VID: Youtube button and only copy the stuff after the = sign for your video and copy and paste. Should be good to go.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Idiotic claims.....check

Political motivation....check.

Me Smart, them dumb mentality....check.

Loaded question.....check.

Congratulations......You are officially trolling your own thread.

Bravo

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Paul supporters are not partisan shills- they support their candidate because of his views not because they are being told to support said candidate because he has played the political game and the party heads decided that it is now his time to run for president.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Look at the evidence... can you find proof that what I've postulated is invalid? I really would like to see average IQ's of candidate supporters. I would bet my life Paul's would have the highest.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

Paul supporters on here border on crazy.

All I can say is, don't piss off anyone who holds a gun in their avatar.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't think Ron Paul supporters are more intelligent
That's a massive generalization, as a supporter don't alienate the other by saying this out loud

However... though not necessarily more intelligent I damn sure would say they focus on the issues more than others

link   
I'm sorry, but what a stupid question. I can pick out multiple threads on here that make Paul supporters look like outright idiots. Cherry picking sound bites does not prove ANYTHING.

Good lord, the Paul Cult is getting sad.

link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I bet my life that most people who still believe in the current system lack rational thinking skills.

Do you really enjoy being screwed so much? I don't.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22

Paul supporters are not partisan shills- they support their candidate because of his views not because they are being told to support said candidate because he has played the political game and the party heads decided that it is now his time to run for president.

...all under the guise of stepping outside of the system....by voting someone into that exact system. Im still waiting for ANYONE to tell me how this is not delusional thinking.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Well, voting someone who is speaking about the REAL issues is a step in the right direction. If that doesn't work then anything short of an armed revolution won't work and we'll all be pissing into the wind.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

No, I don't enjoy getting screwed over and that is the point. Ron Paul is the only candidate who talks about real solutions to the real problems. That is exactly why I believe his supporters are more intelligent. How could someone not see that things have not changed from Bush to Obama? Its because they are one in the same.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Do you really think that I'm an idiot?

Paul is running as a Republican. Anyone who supports a Republican candidate (or Democratic candidate for that matter), is a SHILL, especially if they try to shout down anyone who disagrees with them.

I'm still waiting for the hardcore RP supporters to show up so they can tell me to GTFO like they always do.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Well, voting someone who is speaking about the REAL issues is a step in the right direction. If that doesn't work then anything short of an armed revolution won't work and we'll all be pissing into the wind.

This is the common deflection to my question that I get from ALL Paul-ites.

So explain to me, how voting someone into a broken system that is now built to make the president impotent, is going to change anything?

Delusions of grander.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

No, I don't enjoy getting screwed over and that is the point. Ron Paul is the only candidate who talks about real solutions to the real problems. That is exactly why I believe his supporters are more intelligent. How could someone not see that things have not changed from Bush to Obama? Its because they are one in the same.

Or Paul candidates are simply more gullible.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Over the course of American history, how many times has a candidate appeared to have the total package, only to disappoint after being elected?

Plenty of people thought that Obama's "solutions" were good ideas. How many of them have actually been implemented? Any successes?

I didn't think so.

Don't believe the hype.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yes and no.

Yes smart people wish Ron Paul was in office, but really smart people know that if they want Nobama out they cannot vote for him. Really smart people know they can't vote for who they want but for who's got the best chance to betting Nobama. And because haft the population has no common sense they are just going to vote for who the media tells them to vote for. If people start voting for Ron Paul, the republican vote will be split still making Nobama have the most votes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join