It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the U.S ever won a war?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
US lobbyist(corporations,gov't contractors,etc) always appear to be on the financially winning side when it comes to war. So even when the so called war may be considered as a loss in the public's eye, who was the financial winner?

Hence, in order to decide who won the war you first need to consider what was the REAL intention or purpose of going to war and who won based on the true intention. Did we really go to IRAQ to get a terrorist organization or did we use that as an excuse to make billions of dollars for our lobbyist?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Has the U.S ever won a war?

ALL wars have ONLY one winner: War brings in trillions for the Illuminati controlled Federal Reserve 'Terrorists'.

Those who are doing the fighting are always the losers. Those who start them ALWAYS win because they finance BOTH sides. The answer to your question: NO

This is all DOCUMENTED! The Illuminati terrorists are the ones behind the scenes manipulating ALL world events, including never-ending "war for profits", revolutions (OWS), terrorism, and depressions which are carefully planned, instigated, staged, engineered and orchestrated into existence to weaken civilization, gain profits and control, reduce the population, and create a global police state.

Countless millions of innocent people are dying for nothing. Wars are manufactured to keep your eye off the ball. You have to have an enemy to keep the illusion of "Government" in place.

"Wars are all based on lies, could not be fought without lies" — Charles M. Young.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
The pacific theater of WW2 was primarily fought and won by US Marines and Naval units....

Actually, there were more US Army divisions in the Pacific than US Marine divisions. I think the Marines just had better PR.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Revolutionary war - Victory (according to the history books)

Actually, the US didn't win that. We were still a British colony at the time, not really the "United States".

WW1 - assisted (barely)

Britian and France were bled dry by the time we were involved. It would have been a toss up who'd have won that cluster, them or the Germans.

WW2 - assisted

And without our "assistance", do you honestly think the Soviets would have stopped where they did?

Korea - stalemate/loss

How can it be both? Try again. Better yet, how about "ceasefire", because that's what happened. And to further your education, that was a UN action, not just US.

Vietnam - loss

Geez, that was a goatrope.

1st Gulf War - loss, considering Saddam regained power

Loss? Your education is lacking. The goal was to drive Iraq from Kuwait. That was a nice win.

2nd Gulf War/Iraq War - loss - a craphole now, USA pulled out

Really? The US crushed the Iraqi Army in a matter of days. Any sort of stabilization was screwed by the insurgents, many that weren't even from Iraq.

And the US leaving Iraq: Isn't that what you've been whining for? Can't have it both ways.

Afghanistan - loss

Yeah, tell that to the Taliban.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

seem to rember teddy rosevelt and his rough riders taking san juan hill from the spanish so im pretty sure we won that one.....and if you havent been to an indian reservation lately you could ask them about our conquest of them back in the day. and the mexican american war (if two votes were different we would have annexed their whole country)where we captured santa anna and claimed most of the south west,and as much as the soviets did during ww2 the united states and our commonwealth allies(gurkas,kiwis,brits etc) pretty much took out japan with little to no russian involvement(non aggression treaty tell they invaded Manchuria) still think we gotta better record then france though

and panama(might have just been covert ops) and grenadia and where ever noriega was hiding but that might not fit the definition of war

ah i stand corrected the french technically have the highest war wins of any nation with Britain being a close 2nd (some sources have them switched)

edit on 28-4-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Americans wouldn't have made it across the Atlantic ocean to Europe if it wasn't for the Canadian Air Force. So Canada won WW2.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by halahhpeeno
Americans wouldn't have made it across the Atlantic ocean to Europe if it wasn't for the Canadian Air Force. So Canada won WW2.

While the RCAF certainly did their part, the vast bulk of war materials and manpower were ferried from North America to Europe via maritime transport.

Would you mind elaborating?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
The Gulf War wasn't about destroying Iraq. It was about liberating Kuwait.

Or am I wrong on that?

Also show me where America has claimed it won WW1or2 on it's own?

I think its sour grapes that the American movie industry almost exclusively only portrays Americans in war movies. There could be good reasons for not making a movies about the eastern front branded Hollywood. Some people might take offense that Hitler or Stalin get glorified for example.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm sure it's been posted but

you can't just call Iraq a fail becuase it spoils your thread, wtf ?

and all you have to do is google it to see the history

this is just a haterade thread

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
I think its sour grapes that the American movie industry almost exclusively only portrays Americans in war movies.

Well, since it's the American movie industry, I'd think they'd make the American viewpoint, right?

Might suck, but them's the breaks. It's sometimes too bad, since there's a lot of great history of WW2 out there that doesn't involve the US but would make a very interesting movie.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by Cassius666
I think its sour grapes that the American movie industry almost exclusively only portrays Americans in war movies.

Well, since it's the American movie industry, I'd think they'd make the American viewpoint, right?

Might suck, but them's the breaks. It's sometimes too bad, since there's a lot of great history of WW2 out there that doesn't involve the US but would make a very interesting movie.

The American viewpoint...yes, but that is no reason to completely silence other countries or completely lie to the audience regarding their involvement. (for example there is a show called the Pacific where they said that the Australians are all off fighting in Europe. That is bull# as Australia was involved in the Pacific, most notably New Guinea and Borneo). Therefore, these movies/shows are propaganda machines.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I might agree that Iraq was a 'fail' as far as policy goes, but I don't see how you couldn't say that we won. Saddam is out, violence is dying down, they have a democratic government and we're leaving. Mission (finally) accomplished? IMO, yea.

I'd also say its safe to say that we won the Spanish American war. And other, smaller, conflicts like Panama.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
American war of independence= Brits fighting Brits.. Just another civil war..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join