It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Fallon Appearance Violated Campaign Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I don't think that anyone has said that Romney is not welcomed to appear on the Jimmy Fallon Show. So in reality unless someone at the top told Romney that he can't appear means that this isn't a violation of the law.

You people are really grasping at straws. The reality of Obama being reelected is finally setting in, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just did a little more digging on this issue and apparently back in November 2011 the FCC set a new precedent with Anderson Cooper and Entertainment Tonight.

But a recent FCC ruling sets a different precedent that would almost certainly include Late Night: Talk shows — in this case Anderson Cooper's daytime chatfest, Anderson — qualify as bona fide newscasts. Furthermore, in a precedent set by Entertainment Tonight, the FCC noted that its role "is not to decide, by some qualitative analysis, whether one kind of news story is more bona fide than another."

So they basically qualified these talk programs including late night programs as bona fide newscasts and interview programs. Wow. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and Entertainment Tonight are now lumped in with CNN and Fox News. The FCC just Wiped its hands clean.

Anderson Cooper's Talk Show Is a News Program, FCC Rules
The government regulators have determined the talk show qualifies as news and is thus exempt from obligations to giving political candidates equal air time.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...
Smells like yet another set up!! So, NBC was not violating anything.

hraunfoss.fcc.gov...
edit on 25-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Jibeho is just echoing the rhetoric from Fox News today. They made a huge huge deal about this. Wasn't Romney on Leno a few weeks ago? Wasn't he on Letterman not that long ago as well?

I'm sure Fox News was outraged!!! Jibeho was probably on the case investigating for sure!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Technically speaking Obama is still the sitting president

He doesn't become incumbent/candidate Obama until the DNC nomination.

plus,
"The equal time rule states that if a licensee permits a person “who is a legally qualified candidate for any public office to use a broadcasting station, he shall afford equal opportunities to all other such candidates for that office in the use of such broadcasting station.”
It says equal opportunities. If Romney want's to be on the Fallon show, he would have to be allowed on. Then if the Jimmy Fallon show didn't allow him, it would be illegal.

All things considered, it wouldn't be Obama breaking the law in any case...it would be the broadcast network.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

No one said Obama violated the law. I asked the rhetorical question. The question remains... Was his appearance a violation of Campaign Law.

Um, yeah you definitely were trying to pin this on Obama as breaking the law.
"Obama hits yet another new low with his appearance on the Jimmy Fallon Show."
You're opening sentence makes Obama the subject. so yes, you were saying Obama violated the law.

Now you're just straight up lying to cover yourself.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Jibeho, Your comment in your opening post

"Tough to believe that the office of POTUS used to be one of the most respected offices in the World."

Lost it's effect way back when that little worm GWB got into office by rigging the Florida votes. Not letting people's vote count, what a maggot. Then watching how the US economy and internal affairs were spiralling out of control downwards and that 9/11 was a "convenient truth" for said wannabe pres as GWB and it was the only reason he wasn't dragged through the streets with signs like what a moron strapped to him by any huge number of very very unhappy americans as he was then able to shift the attention of how pathetic he was at looking after internal USA by pushing an overseas "war" agenda (and I've formed that opinion from sitting on the sides down here in Oz just watching the "promotion of a dumbcluck upwards". ie, even though the US presidency really doesn't affect me, except for some mates that have ended up O/S on duty thanks to the lies of Cheyney, Rumsfeld (yuk to both of them) and good ol GWB.) Hell, this bloke even had a photo shoot done with some kids and he was supposed to be reading to them (the book was upside down), and another photo shoot with him looking through a set of binoculars (with the lens covers still on) What a creep and a disgrace for the american people. I reckon ANYTHING would have been better than that. So, where did the respect of the office of the Pres of the US die? Try thinking on what I have typed above.

Warm wishes

Steve

PS (no hassle with you or really with any republican (or democrat for that matter)), just a big hassle with a little creep who has caused the death of so many young american boys in war and destroyed the lives of both their families and also the 10s of 1000s of people in the ME (and I dont even have much time for them over there as I feel they display a culture of lies and deceit) but what he did was terrible.

Qualifications for US president, drunk, member of skull and bones, daddy can manipulate almost anything

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Does anyone here actually have any idea whether or not NBC offered the other candidates the same air time?

If not, there is really not much of anything to talk about.

What we have is a major case of the "What if's".

What if NBC didn't offer the other candidates the same amount of air time? Then they would probably be in violation of law and would be dealt with appropriately. And NBC would be the only one who would be potentially in trouble.

What if they offered the other candidates the same amount of air time?Then nothing at all would happen.

That's about all that can be said, other than, realistically there is no reason to assume NBC did not offer the other candidates equal air time.

Peace and love.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is how you elect the President!!!!

ROFL

They don't want (insert country name here) to have Nukes and this guy has his finger on the button!!

Only in America!

P

edit on 26-4-2012 by pheonix358 because: Nuke error.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

I don't think that anyone has said that Romney is not welcomed to appear on the Jimmy Fallon Show. So in reality unless someone at the top told Romney that he can't appear means that this isn't a violation of the law.

It means nothing anyway because it's not like any republican would get the same treatment on the Fallen show anyway. It would be a war zone rather than an Obama Kool-Aid festival. 

You people are really grasping at straws. The reality of Obama being reelected is finally setting in, isn't it?

Possibly!

With the coronation of Romney by the GOP establishment that seems to be the likely outcome unless there's a strong VP pick.........or unless the GOP pulls it's collective 'head out of it's rear' and makes the election about Obama's pathetic record (both doubtful)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Does anyone even watch this show? I have tried to but have trouble following his inability to effectively read his cue cards. Kimmel is alright, Leno and Letterman are just NOT funny at all. IMHO, the only funny guy left is Craig Ferguson. Even Colbert and Stewart have become such overt pied pipers I cant watch them without getting sick to my stomach. God I miss Johnny Carson. He could think on his feet and joke with guests without a script and be funny as hell, in that regard Ferguson wins. He doesnt use cue cards written by some PC flunky in the backroom. He is actually a real comedian, c'mon, who cant love a gay robot skeleton as a sidekick?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hey seabag, your quote "It means nothing anyway because it's not like any republican would get the same treatment on the Fallen show anyway. It would be a war zone rather than an Obama Kool-Aid festival."

And by what I've watched. CNN and Fox aren't pro GOP? c'mon, take a look at loud mouth, self opinionated, must agree with him Bill O'Reilly. What a punce. I watch it now and then just in the hope that someone puts him in his place. Blokes like him need to have as much egg over him as possible and then maybe, just maybe, he might realise what an arrogant duck he is oops, used the wrong vowel.

Gee US politics is fun to play with

Warm wishes

Steve

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiddleClassWarrior
reply to post by SG-17

Jibeho is just echoing the rhetoric from Fox News today. They made a huge huge deal about this. Wasn't Romney on Leno a few weeks ago? Wasn't he on Letterman not that long ago as well?

I'm sure Fox News was outraged!!! Jibeho was probably on the case investigating for sure!

So, this about me now??
Sorry, didn't watch Fox News Today. I don't have a TV in my office. Sounds like I missed some good stuff though.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

I see what you're saying but, I have to set the record straight. More US soldiers have died in Afghanistan under Obama than died under Bush. Then we can get into Obama's continued increase in using drone strikes. Most recently in Yemen. But that's off topic and has nothing to do with the OP.

As I stated earlier, the FCC recently changed the rules by redefining the meaning of a bona fide news program or interview program. Therefore, NBC, Jimmy Fallon did not violate the NEW rules carefully carved out by the FCC.

Case Closed. Get used to seeing Obama's mug all over these programs. Most recently Jon Stewart. The sycophants are lining up to give Obama more air time.

Wonder if any of them have the balls to ask Obama why he did not declare any Student Loans as required by law during his Senate Years. According to Obama he only recently paid off his student loans around the time of his last campaign with proceeds from the sale of his re-released book.
edit on 26-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Oh wwhat a surprise. ATS'ers defending what is clearly government propaganda being peddled as entertainment. Some of you are just fine with oppression and big brother, as long as it has a (D).

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

And by what I've watched. CNN and Fox aren't pro GOP? c'mon, take a look at loud mouth, self opinionated, must agree with him Bill O'Reilly. What a punce. I watch it now and then just in the hope that someone puts him in his place.

I understand where you're coming from but O'Reilly did a couple of fair interviews with Obama. He asked hard questions (though not hard enough by my standards) but was as respectful as can be expected from him. 

Something tells me Romney on Fallon or Stewart's show would be pot shots followed by bursts of audience laughter. A far cry from the open mic Obama got. That's the difference. But hey, it's their show.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Please keep propaganda and comedy separate, thank you.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Did Romney try to get his time? Cause guess what, regardless of your inflammatory thread title, no law was broken unless Romney was REFUSED equal time.

I didn't watch it, so I can't comment on whether it was a campaign promotion or not, but under everything you quoted, no law was broken at all.

If Obama goes on, other candidates are supposed to have equal time. did they other candidates pursue that? It appears not.

So, because Romney failed to make an appearance he was entitled to, Obama broke the law?

Come on, he's a bad prez, and should be tossed out on his butt, but come on man, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

OR... Is that the game? You are doing this to "punk" the anti-obama crowd by making statements like this to make them less credible.

Well played

*slow clap*

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
when is someone going to arrest or impeach this loser?

Proof positive that y'all will find absolutely anything to hack OBAMA.
and Yeah, certainly the first thing that comes to mind when I think
of the President is "Loser".
Please.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If this had any merit, Fox news channel would have been out of business ages ago...considering all they are is a GOP mouthpiece and will literally let any former and potential current candidate have free reign over their airwaves for eternity.

Yet Fox, the biggest msm yackbox, is still doing fine in their neo-con programming...so, yep, dead subject.

oh, and sarcastic response:
OMG, Obama went on a talk show??? Impeach!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Originally posted by timetothink
when is someone going to arrest or impeach this loser?

Proof positive that y'all will find absolutely anything to hack OBAMA.
and Yeah, certainly the first thing that comes to mind when I think
of the President is "Loser".
Please.

Makes you wonder what their job is, if they are able to call a sitting President a loser.
Probably emperor of europe or something...I mean, short of that, it doesn't make much sense.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join