It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan's Bashir offers to help form new Libyan army,Says Gaddafi's ousting was a gift to Sudan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Like i have said before even if Gaddafi was out suited someone much worse will come into power never mind if they have banned the religious parties for the election.

"We have an experience in integrating rebels in a national army," said Bashir, whose visit to Libya drew criticism from human rights groups.

AlertNet

"We have offered to help our brothers in Libya in building a national army that includes the components of the Libyan revolution. Our experts are available and our officers are available," he said.

So is anyone else surprised by this?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm not surprised..but I am sure saddened by it. I've been hoping against hope that things might work out half way decent for the Libyans. It looks like they'll end up just as screwed as we all feared and said they would as this was all starting to happen to them.

It's sad..but it wasn't until after it started and Libya's fate was sealed that I learned just what kind of life they had there. Sure.. Ghaddafi was a bastard for how his people lived in fear, but if THAT factor could have been dealt with, I sure liked the way Libya supplied almost everything to it's people and without running themselves steadily into deeper and deeper holes of debt to accomplish it. I'm sure we'll never see a system like that again. So sad... Those Libyan folks are sure to look back before long, if they aren't already, and ask themselves just what was so bad about Ghaddafi anyway??

I sure didn't like the guy...things like the terrorism of the 80s...but heck, he'd been quiet and well behaved for almost 20 years. No need to kill him..and the Sudan is NO solution. The Libyans will likely never have it as "good" as they did under him..and the fact that can be said accurately is the worst statement of the whole situation.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
you obviously have no idea what gaddafi used to be, OP.

nothing even close will replace him anytime soon.

just a bunch of ignoramuses pretending.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

the good news though ICC rejected Libya's ICC rejects Libya appeal on Kadhafi Son transfer request.

"The Appeals Chamber therefore dismisses the appeal as inadmissible," judges said in a document released by the international court.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

that'll give 'ol spongbob gaddafi another 4 or 5 years of life.

the libyans would have executed him.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Ghaddafi was a bastard for how his people lived in fear

Where did you learn that from? the mainstream news networks?
edit on 25-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Just like with the Saddam Hussein Trial? yea expect that trail had so many wrongs and problems.

SenJohn McCain Tweet

Oh and please do check this.
NGO outraged

Of course the NGOs were outraged thats why they started the protests and war to create a much worse government in place.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Just like with the Saddam Hussein Trial? yea expect that trail had so many wrongs and problems.

SenJohn McCain Tweet

Oh and please do check this.
NGO outraged

Of course the NGOs were outraged thats why they started the protests and war to create a much worse government in place.

Saddam's trial was in Iraq and he was judged by Iraqi's...and he was an Iraqi.

Are you a Libyan?

The Hague takes forever to put a war criminal on trial...Charles Taylor's trial ended a while ago and they are still holding the verdict waiting to read it for the press.

The Hague loves to house war criminals....most just die before they actually complete a trial. That's a European political facility for you. From what i can see...all war criminals get to live an extended life at the Hague and Fugitives get to go to London.

As far as Moammar...he was way above anything you guys talk about in this place...that goes for Kim J I...

you haven't even begun to touch upon the nature of men of that stature...

they are not like you and I...that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well.. given the fact that neither you, I or anyone else on this site has likely ever landed in Tripoli and driven down the Capital city streets ourselves, yeah... I got that from the few Journalists and Libyan citizens who managed to get lengthy stories out about Libya in the many years before the World decided it's leader needed to be murdered in the street.

If someone is suggesting Libyans lived in awe or somehow with full mugs of respect for Ghaddafi as opposed to fear, I'm wide open to reading the story copy from people who have been there personally to talk about it. I think I'd find that every bit as interesting to read as I did the reports of pre-war Libya long ago. Unfortunately, those reports weren't real heavy on covering the BENEFITS of the Libyan way of running their nation, which is the balance I really wish I'd seen before he was killed.

The fear was the bad..but like I said, from my understanding of reading the reports of those who have been there, I'd say that bad was worth fixing while keeping the rest. They had it better..in some narrow ways..than WE do in the West. Yet, they are looked down on as the backward primitives in need of outside help just to live. Sad huh?

edit on 25-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I guess you didn't know that Gaddafi improved these things?

*his policies of generous welfare.
*imported workforce.
*massive land development.
*free education.

Oh and please dont try compare Gaddafi to that Crazy North Korea Jimmy or Jim. at least Gaddafi didn't starve his people to death now prove me wrong.

From what i have looked into Gaddafi never really much cared about updating the military or army that is why it was weak and pretty weak and easy to beat, modern high tech and Ex Libyans who sellout themselves to NATO.

And the Rothschild agenda.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

that he never updated the military makes you wonder why he didn't step down when asked....hell, from his own mouth he wasn't a member of the government so relinquishing power should have be very easy for him. instead he decided to fight and his son Saif was really having a good time with this idea from what I remember reading; he left school in the United States and everything to go fight by his fathers side.

this is the thing about 'good works'...blowing up airplanes full of civilians and then paying a cash settlements and giving people what they would have received anyway, may work with some but it doesn't work with the Universe.

and yes...gaddafi and kim jong il are of the same ilk...i'm just not sure which is the more powerful.

i figure...sure a sparrow is larger than a housefly but the housefly is more disgusting.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Libya was one of the most prosperous country's in the middle east. I have feeling that that the Libyan people will be wishing for a return to those days within a year, if theyre not already.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

like Russians yearn for Josef Stalin?

or how Chinese yearn for Mao?

people have a habit after some time has passed of desiring things of the past.

guess what...

...he ain't coming back, nor is anyone like him.

i guess they should have thought about this first...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

like Russians yearn for Josef Stalin?

or how Chinese yearn for Mao?

people have a habit after some time has passed of desiring things of the past.

guess what...

...he ain't coming back, nor is anyone like him.

i guess they should have thought about this first...

USSR was hardly prosperous under Stalin and China was hardly prosperous under Mao, apples to oranges.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

like Russians yearn for Josef Stalin? or how Chinese yearn for Mao?

Sadly that agreement wont do much, i guess in your view michaelbrux you wouldn't mind the Ruling elites of the bilderberg running the countries right? elites like the Rothschild and also michaelbrux explain this please.

Wow that was fast! Libyan Rebels set up Central Bank in middle of the protests and conflict.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

but it doesn't stop some Russians and Chinese from yearning their return...

the point is that people often prefer known evils than the unknown opportunities....

fear is an infection people, far worse than any biological virus or bacteria.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

i don't even know what a bilderberg is...

...unfortunately for all of the people that fear them...they didn't find it important to actually tell anyone who or what they are.

now no one cares.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Do you really think and believe NATO or Sen John McCain cares about the Libyan people? they care about the interest.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

i don't even know what a bilderberg is... ...unfortunately for all of the people that fear them...they didn't find it important to actually tell anyone who or what they are

Now this is the most funniest reply i have heard in my whole life
Your on ATS and you dont even know what a bilderberg is?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

been around these types of places for years. surface info...yeah, got it.

but I don't know what bilderberg is...

saying that name is like telling me that the elks or moose lodge has annual meetings...or that TKE is having a kegger tonight...

you guys talk a lot but provide nothing of substance.

you can laugh it away but perhaps this is a contributing factor to why people, sheople, are beginning to turn away from your message and do other things.

<<   2 >>

join