It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crucifixion: A Medical Perspective

page: 1,
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I've been asked hundreds of questions over the years about the crucifixion, here explains many of the details laid out in scripture my a MD.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

edit on 25-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Safran did it. I love Safran.

Haha Safran looks like Woody Harrelson

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not even close. No beating with reeds, no scourging with a cat and nine tails. The Lords intestines were hanging out His side. He was beaten so badly he didn't resemble a man anymore.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Did either of you two watch the video, are you going to comment on the information the MD brings to the table or are you just here to troll?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sorry,I thought you might find the video interesting since you are into crucifixtion. Or you seem to be a crucifixtion expert. I am on wireless and didnt want to waste my credit watching.(nearly seven minutes) Why do people ask you about crucifixtion?

And what does the guy explain for those that cannot watch?

And sorry again,I will remove the clip if you like. ,I thought you might find it interesting. I am interested in why someone would ask you about crucifixtion.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

LOL.

That video was NOT a crucifixion!

Watch the Passion for a more accurate depiction of what happened,

I still think the real thing was more brutal than the passion showed even.....actually I know it was, much, much more brutal.

Good thread NuT

S&F

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Which crucifixion? a bunch of people were crucified.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

How do you know?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Nut,

I just finished transcribing the video for you, here's what I came up with,

Summary of the video at hand -

a physical trauma surgeon is testifying to the fact that Christs crucifixion would've been lethal.

It was described in the garden of gethsemane Christ was sweating blood,
there are documented cases of people sweating blood under extreme physiological stress,

The scourge involved the use of a short whip with pieces of metal or bone sometimes porcelain wrapped in leather straps
which they then whipped Jesus in the back shoulder legs etc with
the first few passes would tear through the skin, the fat, but eventually once the outer layhers were torn away
it would start ripping away at the muscle, and along the way ripping through the blood vessels etc
this caused massive blood loss

the plant used in the crown of thorns had very long thorns,
they were an inch and a half to two inches in lenght and the scalp has tons of blood vessels in it
having those thorns shoved down onto the bony plate would've gone through all the scap, which wouldv'e caused massive blod loss
the Dr. testifys to seeing people bleed to death from scalp injuries alone

typically when a victim has to carry the cross, what was described in roman literature as carrying the cross bar
the cross bar weighs a hundred and 10 pounds,
if he fell over carrying the cross bar, he could've injured his chest and that would've been lethal...

anatomically we consider the wrist as part of the hand, so with the placement of the nails between the radious and the alna
it fits the defintiion of being in the hand, and it fits a position in which the nail wont rip out
another interesting point about the placement of that is the median nerve goes through that particiular portion of hte wrist
so there wouldve been destruction or impinchment of the nerve that wouldve caused pain
and made breathing agonizing
hanging on spiked feet and spiked arms you'd alternate from excruciating pain to excruciating pain with every breath

so even if he survived the actual crucifixion, he would've had to survive what the dr described as a lethal injury from the spear
whats described as the loss of blood and water, and that would entail either the either paracardial fusion
and the blood wouldve come from the aorta, pulmonary vein or the heart itself
none of thsoe injuries unless treated immediatelyh by a trauama surgeon, with todays technology even, would be survivable more then a few minutes

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The crucifixion of Jesus the Christ,

btw, why do you worship tyler the creator? He didn't create jack,

why don't you get with the real Creator instead of idolizing the wannabe gangsta creator?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Sorry,I thought you might find the video interesting since you are into crucifixtion. Or you seem to be a crucifixtion expert. I am on wireless and didnt want to waste my credit watching.(nearly seven minutes) Why do people ask you about crucifixtion?

Noooo, not an expert man, I didn't know you were not interested in watching for whatever reason, that's fine. And it was a cool video, I admire the man for going trough the nails in the feet and hands! Yikes man.

If you don't want to waste the time, that's okay, you don't have to.

And what does the guy explain for those that cannot watch?

The medical explanation of the details in the Biblical narrative.

And sorry again,I will remove the clip if you like. ,I thought you might find it interesting. I am interested in why someone would ask you about crucifixtion.

It can stay, it is interesting, but I wanted comment on the OP, it wasn't that you included the video, just that there was no comment to the one in the op. It was never really about your video to begin with, just wanted feedback for the op video also. I can understand you don't want to waste credits or your time, you don't have to do that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Which crucifixion? a bunch of people were crucified.

Pause and think which forum you are in, consider my avatar, recompute.

Edit: (Off-topic) What does your username mean? Who do you speak for? I don't get it.

edit on 25-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Tyler the Creator actually produces his own music, so he creates that much.

He also isn't a wanna-be gangster because his music has nothing to do with gangs. Dunno where you're getting that from.

I don't worship any human or any deity.

Why didn't you answer my initial question?
edit on 25-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I speak for all things real

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link