It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women. Why are they so beautiful?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
And yes, the hot ones seem to have a fiery/crazy side to them.

edit on 4/25/2012 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Because you develope a deeper connection to your spouse that you stop seeing superficial reasons to love them. You see the person, not their looks. Which is why they can gain 30 lbs and you still feel the same way about them.

It goes much deeper.

I am separated now but my husband is calvin klein model gorgeous. (minus the abs, lol)
But when he turned mean I wanted nothing to do with him. It is the inside that makes the marriage.

So that leaves the initial cosmetic hunting open. The poster is doing it now because you are settling into your marriage, becoming more secure and getting out of that horrible puppy love stage.

Look, just don't leap.

Like others said, I could even start picking out the women my husband found attractive based on his tastes. I married the world's only nose man ( I have a unique little nose) and can instantly peg a female for him based on the nose.

You know you love and are safe with your spouse when you can point out attractive people together.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
Does it get easier to look the other way or does it get harder with time?

No pun intended, but it gets harder. Since I have a thing about marriage, I'll put it this way. You can look at a beautiful woman, notice her eyes and say "So THAT'S why I love the woman I do."

The woman you love becomes the beauty by which you base all others. The beauty could be in her eyes, her figure, her smile, the way she combs her hair or just the overall way she carries herself.

The beauty of a woman is more than just skin deep when she grows on you.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

My question to other men who are married: Does it get easier to look the other way or does it get harder with time?

Typically it only gets harder if you look for a long time and start to daydream.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I agree it just gets more difficult, I deal with by having mistresses, and frequent one night stands (its the French way). My Grandfather told me marriage is like fancying a creamcake, and having to eat it everyday for the rest of your life.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I have been a married man for more than half my life, I am 58 years old. My second wife and I were together for 29 years. I watched as she grew older, got greyer, got saggier, slower....this is human life, after all. I always thought I would grow old with this woman. But no, that was not in my destiny, nor in hers. We split apart and went our separate ways. She remarried, a man who was the complete opposite of myself. A year later, I took up with a much younger woman, who actually worked with, and went to school with my daughter and son. We have been together now for almost 8 years.
My Dear One has a lot of health problems, and there are days when she has dark circles under her pretty brown eyes. But all said and done, she is quite beautiful to me, strikingly so.

I am a male, and I am not blind. As a Wiccan, I see a part of the Divine Mother in all woman, and count many women as my best friends. I see beauty in all of them, even old Grandmas have a beautiful Maiden inside there, and some woman are Thoroughbreds, it seems. Beauty is to be appreciated, I believe, whether it be in women, buildings, art, or automobiles. And you cannot tell me cars of the 50s did not have Female attributes. Us men even give our cars female names!

So, to be married, and to love your wife, does not mean you cannot appreciate beautiful women. My wife and I even comment on on this sometimes, and sometimes she remarks to me to "put my eyes back in my head."

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I don't remember when it started, but all of a sudden I started noticing so many good-looking women out there. I'm hoping this is just a short phase. My wife and I are not having problems at all - happy home, good life, fantastic sex.

My question to other men who are married: Does it get easier to look the other way or does it get harder with time?

There's nothing wrong with noticing attractive women. It's acting on that impulse, or making your gal feel less desirable by calling attention to it, that you have to guard against.

Humans aren't naturally monogamous. Socially, we are expected to be, but biologically, I don't believe it's in our nature. Still though, we have a brain, and as such, we can overcome this natural drive easily enough.

It isn't a phase though. It's something you'll have to deal with. You think she isn't checking out other guys too? She is. They're simply craftier about it, and wait until they are with their girlfriends to start gabbing about who's hot and who's not.

Now, here's a good tip. If your wife ever points out an attractive woman, here's what you do.

Your wife: "Wow honey, she sure is a looker, huh?"
(Your alarms should be sounding, as this is a TRAP!)
You: "I hadn't noticed..."
(WRONG...she isn't going to buy this...instead

You: "Yeah, she's pretty hot, but she's got a pretty big nose don't you think?"
(whammo! you dodged it!)

You can agree with her assessment, but you must then also IMMEDIATELY (no pause) find something about her that you can legitimately criticize. This will cement to her that she's the perfect one for you, and others have flaws.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Srsly, most girls, unless they're crazy bitches, aren't going to mind you having a look at other girls from time to time. Really.
I enjoy checking out other girls with my boyfriend, it isn't an issue. It would be totally idiotic for me to assume I am the only woman he finds attractive. Besides, I'm highly attracted to girls myself and love looking at them.
It isn't even a problem if you flirt on occasion. It's pretty harlmess. I know it's good for my boyfriend's ego when he flirts with a sexy woman. ^.^

It IS a problem if you continually focus on the same girl, because if your woman notices that, she MAY feel insecure, and it also MAY make your will power to resist that temptation weaker.

Look but do not touch.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join