It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo's of Spirits Captured in UK Tunnels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A guy from the UK recently emailed me about his testimony of turning from atheist to Christian based on his recent experiences. He gave me permission to share these pictures and so I thought I'd share it with the ATS community.

Just a brief history of this guy Dave. He was an atheist who got into a bad motorcycle accident. After months of recovery, he was finally able to walk again and decided that he wanted to visit the tunnels in the UK because it was something he had always wanted to do. While in the tunnels, he heard strange sounds, but thought nothing of them. He also took a lot of pictures. (He was not there to hunt for ghosts or do any paranormal research)

It wasn't until he got home and started to look at the pictures that he saw something unusual. But it wasn't just that the pictures which were strange. He was beginning to experience poltergeist activity in his home. Books flying off the shelf, TV turning on randomly, things randomly falling off tables etc. He asked a local Anglican priest to come check it out. Upon doing so, the priest said a couple prayers and left, saying this was bad. The Catholic priest apparently didn't even show up.

It was at this point, Dave turned to the Bible and asked Jesus to be his Savior. Upon doing so, the experiences stopped.

Now this is Dave's testimony, and although I am a Christian as well (which is how he got in contact with me, through my blog, movie, etc) I think the pictures are interesting. Check em out.

This is the original picture:

The most compelling thing for me is the face on the right side. So I threw it in PS and enhanced it. To me it looks like the famous sketch of Lam by Aleister Crowley. Take a look:

This is what Dave sees (I don't see all of the things he circles) check it out:

And here's one where Dave says is a face. This image was already enhanced. The original is too dark and you can't really see anything.

What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun
What do you guys think?

A lot of matrixing and motion blur, that's what I think. I believe in the supernatural, have had it happen to family and myself on a regular basis. Used to be a ghost 'hunter' back in the day. But I can't help to be anything other then skeptical when it comes to your image.

There's nothing there I could ever deem "supernatural". Sorry.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

i am interested in ghosts, too. what do you think about this one ? do you see the head ?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Wow interesting photos here. I think there is less going on here than what Dave thinks, but there does seem to be a couple apparitions there. Thanks for sharing. Now to Google to find more out about these tunnels.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Was he using a digital camera? It almost looks like a double exposure.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

totally fine with me. So you think a slow shutter speed caused some strange lighting effect and it just happened to look like a face?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How do ghosts turn one Christian?

If you follow the Bible, ghosts shouldn't exist.

You die, your spirit goes to either Heaven or Hell. Isn't this correct?

If anything, ghosts are proof that the Bible is a load of bunk.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In my opinion it seems fake. Especially the face on the right.
I can't say it's 100% fake but it just seems a little unrealistic.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

a side ways face it seems...like a sillouette. but it looks like smoke, which is much easier to take forms which might seem familiar.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

it is from the tv series "my ghost story".

the two faces in the background, could you enlarge them ? they look to me a bit more than pareidolia.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Rather, "ghosts" are mere deceiving spirits. You're right that the biblical worldview says once we die, we don't hang out and roam around. If that were true, there would be ghosts EVERYWHERE.

I think all "ghosts" are deceiving spirits.

I have a vid on youtube that talks about ghosts

We also talked about it in a recent podcast we did:

www.canarycryradio.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I don't actually see the two faces that Dave circles...but gimme a moment and I can enlarge it

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I suppose this could be the "two faces" Dave was talking about. If so, I'm not sure if there's anything really there...but it's just a guess.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

What do you guys think?

A lot of matrixing and motion blur, that's what I think. I believe in the supernatural, have had it happen to family and myself on a regular basis. Used to be a ghost 'hunter' back in the day. But I can't help to be anything other then skeptical when it comes to your image.

There's nothing there I could ever deem "supernatural". Sorry.

Second that...I get nothing but pareidolia here, and I'm in that same camp as you regarding belief.

People will likely always see patterns where not much actually exists.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Nice to meet another with similar thoughts on this. "Intelligent hauntings" and the like are, in my opinion, either fakes or interactions with some other kind of entity, even though it may pass itself off as someone/thing else.

Likewise, I believe knowledge and memory can possibly be directly transferred from one to another by means or abilities as yet unknown by us, so I don't square with reincarnation either, although I believe there's definitely something happening there - in some cases.

As to other non-intelligent hauntings, sights, and sounds, I'm inclined to think this fits in well enough with timeslips and the like, merely either representing things that have (or will) happen in a certain location, or allowing someone to actually see into or witness something happening in another time.

Could be all of the above or none of it, but I have no doubts as to the weirdness and as-yet-unknown realities of our world.

Take care.

edit on 4/25/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I noticed the impression of a ladies head on the far left as soon as I viewed the first picture. As for the face on the right it could be viewed as alien-like but the eyes seem more ghostlike imo.

So I take it that your friend feels he took something home with him and that is why all the poltergeist activity? How long has it been since the activity in his house stopped? The reason I ask it that I've heard it could stop for a while and then resume full force if it is powerful enough and he will need to get in a professional.

What were some of the noises he heard? Can you share some history of the tunnels?
edit on 4/25/2012 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Auricom

totally fine with me. So you think a slow shutter speed caused some strange lighting effect and it just happened to look like a face?

No, over exposure, slow shutter speed or some other error created patterns, that your brain constantly attempts to make sense of. So you see a face, where there is none. A ghost where there is a perfectly rational explanation, you get my drift. This is a proven point. Our brains works this way, we constantly try to make sense of nothing, to recognise figures in coincidences like those images in OP's post.

It is perfectly understandable, we all do this. But I can promise you, there are no ghosts in any of the pictures.
And I believe in ghosts.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

thanks. you are right, doesn't seem to be more than imagination.

here is another one, i recently found:

another apparition:

i don't quite share your opinion, that there are no ghosts, only decieving entities.

edit on 25-4-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The exposure time on the photo is listed as 2000000/1000000 i.e. 2 seconds, so I would have to assume that the thing on the right is a normal face blurred by the camera moving

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

I don't know all the history of the tunnels, but I can ask Dave about them. Dave mentioned, and it's clear from the picture, that these tunnels were used recently for Satanic rituals and seances.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join