It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another ‘Heart Attack Grill’ customer collapses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Another ‘Heart Attack Grill’ customer collapses while eating ‘bypass burger’

No one can accuse The Heart Attack Grill of false advertising.

A woman collapsed into unconsciousness at the Las Vegas restaurant while eating a "double bypass burger," drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette.

The unnamed customer was the second in just over two months to collapse at the restaurant while eating one of the famed burgers named after various forms of cardiac arrest. Back in February, another customer was caught on video being carted out by paramedics after suffering a heart attack while eating a "quadruple bypass" burger.

Source

Bypass burger strikes again!
Similar to the one in February www.abovetopsecret.com...

It goes to show how far parts of our society have come when people will literally eat themselves dead.
How can people be THIS stupid! It boggles the mind.

Now, can we really blame the restaurant owners? They have capitalized on a market, although deplorable in a way, still legal. As long as you list the ingredients/health risks it's up to the customer.

Will this (the third death/emergency in just over a year) will people wake up to their eating habits? or will it become a even bigger enticement. "Dude this is so dangerous, people have died eating this crap!, I dare you to go for the Quadruple bypass!"

edit on 25-4-2012 by Vardoger because: added link

edit on 25-4-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Ironic, at the very least. I wonder if the restaurant's attitude is "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Darwin award...

They should open up franchises in every major city and let nature take its course...

If your stupid enough to eat a heart attack burger, and have one than oh well, the gene pool of the planet is a lil bit safer.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hmmmm.....possible Darwin Award nominee?
Obligatory 2nd line

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Crap!
Beat me to it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Power of suggestion, that's all.

I wonder how many vegans have passed out from malnutrition at Whole Foods.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's a lifetime of abusing and neglecting their bodies that kills them.
Not the meal they happened to be eating at the time.

Best comment:

Heat attack at the Heartattack grill? OK, I’m heading to BJs.

edit on 25-4-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow. Utterly gross. Eating an insane fatty burger, driking probably high proof alcohol margarita and smoking lots of cancerous poison. This lady must have had a death wish or something...

Why would anyone hate themselves that much?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Great Post.

Is it bad that this line made me laugh?
"while eating a "double bypass burger," drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette."
Sounds like she died doing what she loves.

I treat this as a little reminder that I live in America where I can do wtf I want, even if it kills me.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You fail to grasp the real deal here.

It is statistically nothing out of the ordinary that guests inside any restaurant, even in vegan ones, will suffer a heart attack sooner or later. That's the norm. Period. No one would ever write a newspaper article about someone suffering a heart attack in any restaurant. Who cares.

Unless of course, the restaurants NAME is heart attack, THEN it's a story.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Darwin award...

They should open up franchises in every major city and let nature take its course...

If your stupid enough to eat a heart attack burger, and have one than oh well, the gene pool of the planet is a lil bit safer.

I was going to say something similar now it would be redundant.

Was she fat? I bet she was a fat ass. What an idiot she gets no sympathy from me.

Edit: I just watched the video........MOOOO! too bad bitch take better care of yourself. You better have medical insurance!
edit on 25-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

It is statistically nothing out of the ordinary that guests inside any restaurant, even in vegan ones, will suffer a heart attack sooner or later. That's the norm. Period. No one would ever write a newspaper article about someone suffering a heart attack in any restaurant. Who cares.

Or airports, hotels, supermarkets, sporting events...
But dont try and put common sense before a sensationalist title!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Natural Selection at work

nothing to see here folks...move along

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

While I agree with you in this is not really "news" worthy as in "this is going to change the world" news I would think one death and two heart attacks within one year at one sole restaurant would be a little bit above the statistical norm.

Also you are correct, the fact that they advertise the food as serious health procedures/emergencies is what got them in the paper. However, the notion that people actually eat there, with theoretical warning signs buzzing everywhere.......I mean, do these people actually think it won't happen to them?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
if ya going to eat all that fatty sh8t you deserve a heart attack

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
come eat stuff so saturated, so fatty & full of cholesterol that WILL clog up your arteries within minutes of absorption!

how in the world can this restaurant thrive in litigious, legal America?? they have a defribralator on site? (actually that would likely be moreso self-incrimating)

sure we have freedom to choose what we eat even if it is likely to precipitate life-threatening or fatal diseases, but this is instant Dr Kevorkian menu and table service from the looks of it

these victims could have died and it's likely their families would seek civil or monetary justice for the restaurant's precipitation of their deaths.

the woman was smoking in there, thats still allowed?

edit on 25-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've eaten the Triple-Bypass burger twice when the restaurant was in Chandler AZ. It was really good (and filling lol), though very messy.

Both times it was pretty busy, a few large folks there. Most were normal sized people and a few families. It was a pretty fun place to eat at.

I sure don't recommend it as a regular place to eat.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
It's a lifetime of abusing and neglecting their bodies that kills them.
Not the meal they happened to be eating at the time.

Best comment:

Heat attack at the Heartattack grill? OK, I’m heading to BJs.

edit on 25-4-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)
Your exactly right.It wasnt one burger but thousands that clog arteries and cause coronary problems.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I bet Heart Attack Grill is owned by the same group that put up the GA stones. Guess they figured out we screw more then we die so they better change their tactics.....Apparently it's working.....even if just a little.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
they should have panic buttons in there or something, for when someone is about to need medical help. xD
or maybe just their own ambulance parked there with EMTs on site...

new topics

top topics

join