It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another mysterious spill in Hawaii waters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Link to Article

Here we go again. A couple months ago, this thread about a cloudy discharge here in Hawaii was made, prompting me to go down to the harbor in question and see the spill for myself, leading me to write to this thread.

Now it's happening again.

When University of Hawaii professor Marlin Atkinson came home Tuesday evening, he didn’t like what he saw in the Makana Kai Marina. "I am a chemical oceanographer. I live here and I decided to take a look at what’s going on," said Atkinson.

This stuff looks exactly like the substance in the other threads. That stuff was never identified, as far as I know. I'm willing to bet it's the same substance, and we'll probably never find out what it was. I'm so sick of people dumping crap into the water here. I'm afraid this beautiful amazing place I call my home won't be around much longer.

At least this time a civilian was able to get a sample. I hope they figure out what it is. I spend a lot of time in the water here, and this spill is right in my neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Isn't it around the time Japan tsunami debris start washing up places, could this be something from that? just a thought.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
That stuff was never identified, as far as I know.

Seriously? How hard would it be to scoop some up and send it to a lab for identification?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Interesting, they are saying the Fukushima Debris is going to get to Hawaii sooner than expected.

Millions of tons of Fukushima debris expected to soon wash up on Hawaii beaches, western US coastline

"We projected [the debris] would hit Midway in spring of next year, but based on the Pallada finding, the debris seems to be moving faster," added Hafner, noting that he has been tracking the progression of the debris using a detailed computer analysis of ocean currents. "We don't want to create a panic, but it's good to know it's coming." Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

This article is from October of 2011. So "Spring of next year" would be about nowish. But that's getting to Midway Island, not Hawaii. Still, it isn't too far away, and they're saying it's moving faster. I'm sure it's gonna be bad when that stuff hits.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

When I went and talked to the harbormaster about the last spill linked in the OP, he told me that samples had been taken. The weird thing is that they never said what the stuff was, which is the main reason I'm concerned. It looks like the same stuff this time.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Isn't it around the time Japan tsunami debris start washing up places, could this be something from that? just a thought.

This would be my thought too. We're starting to see debris wash up on the coast here in British Columbia.

Just a couple of weeks ago there was a complete trawler that washed up, US Navy had to sink it when it got taken up close to Alaska.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
turn disaster into profit.....when the "stuff" washes up on shore, scavange what you can that is valuable, take the rest and make "tsunami art" for your own benefit. or if you want to be noble, you can get a group of people to help you set up a charity with the proceeds going to the people in Japan who are most affected. outside the box, my friends, outside the box.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Interesting that so many in this thread seem to think it could be from Japan, even though the article clearly points out it appears to be a discharge into a stream that feeds into the bay, and not vice versa.

Connecting that to debris from Fukishima is a stretch.

He decided to take water samples to try and determine what was dumped into the Keaahala stream which leads down to the marina.

"The police tried to trace up the stream, with three other officers to find the source," said Mark Osbourne who manages the private marina and condominium complex.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

even though you cussed me out in the other thread I starred your comment because I was thinking along the same lines myself. The last incident was described as a discharge. I am surprised no test results were ever announced to the public.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't think it's from Japan at all. I think it's the exact same stuff that was flowing into the harbor in my other thread. But no one seems to know what it is.

I emailed Dr Atkinson who was interviewed in the article. If I hear anything from him I'll let you guys know, despite the fact that judging from the ATS homepage, all anyone cares about right now is 7-year olds with sexual harassment suits, the Anunnaki, and giants.

Knew this would get buried.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

If you find out what it is, make another thread, also report back here with a link to the new thread. There are some of us who are interested. I don't even live in Hawaii or know anyone there.. besides Dog but I only know him from the TEEvee
and anyway I'M still interested. So I know others must be. Especially those who visit or know people there.
edit on 28-4-2012 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join