It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anunnaki or Nibiru never mentioned in movies...why?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
anyone notice that? I've never heard Nibiru or the Anunnaki ever mentioned in a movie, I wonder why..

i agree i find that really strange, i don't know much about them, but i think from the little information i heard about them, i would have noticed that they were mentioned in a movie or not.

what about that new move "Prometheus" the prequel to all the alien movies?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Wow...

8 pages on this?... we should all be posting in the Monsanto, Fukushima and Rural Farmers threads... lol... but I guess I'm also posting so....

Firstly there have been many references in popular culture to the Annanuki, or ideas similar in scope at least, as many posts in this thread have pointed out. Less to Nibiru, but that is because it is a newer concept with almost no basis in reality.

Contrary to what you may perceive (largely from visiting sites like this, where ideas like this are common knowledge), the Annanuki and Nibiru are unproven fringe concepts, and as such your average person hasn't heard of them, and does not have the conceptual framework (or care) for understanding their POSSIBLE place in history and MYTHOLOGY... INCLUDING your average movie investor. If they were to include any reference to them in movies, they would likely go unnoticed to over 95% of people, thus making them not attractive ideas for sales.

There was a movie (a trilogy about the Annanuki) that was being made and was supposed to be released a few years ago (many threads on ATS about it), and even mentioned in this thread. The movie was shut down. There are lots of sites and threads claiming that it was shut down to silence the content, but from what I can find (that isn't just lunatic ramblings), the special effects were costly, and essentially the movie ran out of money, and there wasn't enough public interest, and no big name stars so it was canned. No conspiracy necessarily, just business in the movie industry.

From what I can find The Immortal picks up the ideas, and has some of the same graphic artists work on it, so chances are that all traces of the original movie were removed from the web due to intellectual property reasons.

Here is part of a post from earlier in this thread with a link to the first part (out of 10), so you can watch it! ;-j

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
Immortal
Probably the best reference to your question.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Lately because of ATS i don't know what is true and what is not. SO much ignorance and disinformation lately in the forums, it just confuses a new member like me.

And on the topic, i think the Annunaki were just the Sumerian gods and that Nibiru is the star that's making the dual-orbit with our Sun.
But no, i have no idea why hollywood isn't going to mine any money from this.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

reply to post by dashdespatch

can you prove it?
I can prove they were mentioned in anicent Sumerian tablets

No you can't. It was a mistranslation by Sitchin who (along with a load of other people) has since made money out of selling books to the gullable.

The whole Niburu myth is a Sitchin myth. Unfortunately to say so upsets the conspiracists and ancient alien believers who have convinced themselves there really is evidence in ancient Sumerian texts.

NB I wanted to believe that there was something to this. However, I did what most people can't be arsed doing and that was to look into the myth. The trail leads back to Sitchins initial outburst! There is website after website after website all regurgitating the same false evidence.....astonishing.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

can you prove it?

no, you can't
you can prove there was this guy who claimed the mentions were in the tablets
others proved him wrong
but hey, did he care? no, his books sold like crazy

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Yeah mistranslated by that hoaxer Zecharia Stitchin

same douche that started the mayan 2012 BS AND the ancient aliens boondoggle.

Zecharia Sitchin (July 11, 1920 – October 9, 2010[1]) was an Azerbaijani-born American author of books proposing an explanation for human origins involving ancient astronauts. Sitchin attributes the creation of the ancient Sumerian culture to the Anunnaki, which he states was a race of extra-terrestrials from a planet beyond Neptune called Nibiru. He believed this hypothetical planet of Nibiru to be in an elongated, elliptical orbit in the Earth's own Solar System, asserting that Sumerian mythology reflects this view. Sitchin's books have sold millions of copies worldwide and have been translated into more than 25 languages.

Sitchin's ideas were rejected by scientists and academics, who dismiss his work as pseudoscience and pseudohistory. Sitchin's work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims.

I guess we should be happy he didn't turn it into a religion.
edit on 25-4-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Oh dear...

So Zecharia interpreted the Sumerian texts found here:
etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...

That's Oxford, Academia. If you read those texts yourself, no interpretation required, it clearly discussed creation of primitive man. I guess that "douche" Zecharia was really off the mark, right? *rolls eyes*

Next, the ancient astronaut theory actually has been in pretty much every single civilisation's history, however the more modern take on things came from this guy and a book called Chariots of the Gods:
en.wikipedia.org...

If you're going to pretend to be a know it all, it would actually be a good thing to actually "know it all". Douche!

Next...?

T

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Surely OP is not an attentive person, otherwise they would know that Hollywood has plenty of movies making indirect or blatant references to the Anunnaki and Nibiru, regardless that the movie makers don't use these names. George Lucas shows how he worships Marduk in the "Star Wars" saga, and "Anakin" is a Hebrew variation of ANUNNAKI. "Battlefield Earth" is the Scientology version of the Anunnaki colonization on Earth and for what matters, is the closest characterization of the Anunnaki made in a movie. "Melancholia" is exploring the fear mongering propaganda about Nibiru and "The Adjustment Bureau" is a ridiculous and utter reference to the NEPHILIM and how they still living on Earth and manipulating mankind with their hi-tech Kabbalah. The "Eye of Sauron" of The Lord of the Rings" also is a reference to the All-seeing-eye of Ra/Marduk. These are just a few movies I could remember right now.

edit on 4/26/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'd say the reason you don't see them in the movies is because, unlike around here, the vast majority of people never heard of them, let alone know anything about them. Not much of a pre-existing market to cash in on.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The reason there is no Nirlbu movies is that they would lose mass amounts of money. Id say most people would be so annoyed by hearing the word Nirlbu that they wouldn't go. And the ones that talk about it on the internet probably never leave their house, much less go to the movies.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yeah mistranslated by that hoaxer Zecharia Stitchin

He spent his whole life on this research, yet its so easy to come to a thread for the purpose of conflict. Let me remind you oh great scientific thinker of one of your previous "hits"

"found this recent report of the sighting of a ghost child pulling a cart in the ancient celtic village of carew west wales"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
you know, this was meant to be a thread discussing the appearance of the Anunnaki or Nibiru in films, but AS USUAL the disinfotards took over and totally sidetracked the main idea of the thread, if I wanted to discuss whether or not ZS' theories were true or not, I would have STARTED a thread on that, I didnt, but trolls totally sidetracked the conversation. I'm done with this thread, mods you can close it if you like, the trolls win again

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Go Ye forth with a wooden mallet and a copper chisel.... and cut me a one foot cube of granite block with perfectly smooth sides and perfect angles. When you have completed that I will listen to your theories

Why?

No one has claimed that granite was cut with chisels.

In fact, it's known to be true that the Egyptians used diorite pounding stones. Evidence of the use of pounders has also been noted at Tiwanku/Pupmapunku.

In Egypt, these pounders have been found in granite quarries, along with an unfinished granite obelisk they were used on (known as "The Unfinished Obelisk.")

Originally posted by zorgon
Archaeologists time lines say that the GP was built in a short time... so that means they cut, transported for 500 miles and placed a 50 ton rock every 20 minutes

Zorgy, you know quite well (and I know you know because I've told you) that the vast majority of stone in the Great Pyramid (and the others) was quarried right there at Giza - much of it in a quarry right in front of the GP itself, just next to the Sphinx.

You also know very well (again, because I have told you) that the stones in the pyramid are only a couple of tons each - equivalent to maybe 2 cubic yards per stone (you know, six feet by three feet by three feet.)

Why are you distributing this obvious dinsinformation now?

Harte

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

also, if you've wanted to see what dundst has under her sweater, download that tonight.

Thank you for that 'titbit' of information!

I just looked up the images from the movie
Awesome, awesome, awesome.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Very strange indeed. I started researching the Anunnaki and thought I would see if it was all true. I have now recorded well over 100 videos of these things. All uploaded online. Never thought to even look for them, But when ya do they are right on the t.v everyday all day. I cant say after everything we have researched that this is'nt happening. I have asked for explanations but after 135000 views no-one has come up with an answer that is good enough. I wouldnt discount anything before researching ever again. Peace

scottjcostello

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The film "Immortal: Ad Vitam" is actually based on the comic book "La Foire aux immortels" , by the film´s director Enki Bilal, first published in 1980, as the first part of his "Nikopol" trilogy. Although there are plot changes, visually the film itself is almost identical frame-to-frame take on the comic.
Great comic, great artist.
edit on 26-4-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

can you prove it?

No, you can't..!!

Those Sumerian tablets were not deciphered correctly and by a man who was less than an amerature..!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

incorrect, try THIS

Thank you, friend. I love it when these people who think Zecharia Stitchin wrote everything there is to know about the Ancient Sumerian's post that it is all a hoax! I guess not a one of them knows how to research anything, do they? I read about Nibiru and the Annunaki long before I ever heard of Zecharia Stitchin.
There was a plan for a movie, not sure what happened to it....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join