It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anunnaki or Nibiru never mentioned in movies...why?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Because it is exactly what movies are....FAKE.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hollywood will probably get on it soon. They have to be running out of fairy tales at some point, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Lots of things that don't exist or supposedly don't exist are mentioned in films alot though, Vampires, ghosts, demons, the Devil, Witches, warlocks, time travel, advanced deep space exploration, contact and co-operation with advanced alien beings, war with advanced alien beings the list goes on really.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There is a film by Lars Von Trier called Melancholia that is about an unknown planet entering earths orbit and it has strong similarities with Niburu but the name Niburu isn't actually mentioned. If you haven't seen the film check it out, it's an Armageddon film with a difference and in my opinion very good although not what you'll be used to if you've watch Armageddon films (especially the more popular ones).

As for the Anunnaki I'm sure reference to them has been made in films quite a bit but I am struggling to remember where right now. If not Anunnaki directly then definitely the theory of aliens creating humans on Earth. Will post if I remember in what films.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Edit: Quick post but i'll come back later and add more stuff.
Anunnaki Trilogy by Jaguar Films

In 2005 work started on a movie trilogy about the ancient Anunnaki… but after a few months something happened, and the project was shut down. The movie was never released. All pictures, videos and information were banned from internet. The email account of Jon Gress, the director, was also shut down. Almost every trace of the movie’s production has since been removed from the Internet, including the interview with the movie’s director, Jon Gress

Immortal
Probably the best reference to your question.

Nibiru
I can't recall any particular movie that is about Nibiru but several movies pop to mind when referring to it or having a strong theme.
The Event: Last episode when the planet arrives
Melancholia: Meanwhile, a planet called Melancholia is heading directly towards Earth threatening the very existence of humankind...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
me thinks nibiru is probably real. a dual star. some scientist are taking this into consideration. asteroids are being thrown into pluto - either a planet or star. i think a brown dwarf. and i've read that 80% of the stars in our galaxy are dual systems

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As has already been said, including by the OP himself, whether anyone believes Sitchin's theories to be credible or not wasn't the question- the topic was, I believe, just why hasn't Hollywood made a movie with specific reference to it?

My guess is that Sitchen (and now his heirs as he's recently passed on) would have to approve the script, and perhaps no script has met with their approval. It's rather interesting to think of the legal issues with this, and my thanks to the OP for bringing up the subject. If Sitchin's work is fiction, then his heirs would most certainly have rights to script approval and royalties. But, if Sitchin's work is history revealed- then much of it would be public domain and may be used freely.

I've read some of Sitchin's books, and I'm not a gullible sort. I also have a strong background in archaeology and linguistic theory, and mythology (though no- I don't read cuneiform and I'm far from an expert on the bible). I found his basic premise intriguing and worth further study, though I think he "jumped the shark" on more than a few points. Same with Von Daniken- he can rightly be credited with raising some compelling interpretations that may well have some truth, but he unfortunately took it a bit further into reckless speculation than perhaps he should have done. Both authors, like a number of others, have touched on ideas that may well have some merit, but are taboo for conventional science and thus they really couldn't afford to give their critics as much obvious opportunity to discredit them as they did. The conventional theories are absurd as well, if you read them carefully, but they have the academic status and they don't readily admit alternative views.

Too bad, really, that there isn't more open-minded discussion on ancient history. That's another reason we have ATS, eh?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
did you see 2012 ?

LOLOLOL

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Yes! Anunnaki does not translate as "those from who heaven to earth came" is translates as "those who from the steppes to the plains came" and was a reference to the Proto-Aryan invaders who migrated from the Gobekli Tepe region into Mesopotamia. They are depicted as very tall blond and red haired snd bearded, with pale skin and blue eyes as is seen in many alibaster reliefs as statues displaying lapis lazuli eyes

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Oh Lordy Lord, it's true!! YA BEST GET RIGHT WITH YUR GAWDZ!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You've seen the actual tablets? Or photos and someone's word? I can't find a single mention of either in any source but Stitchen or someone referencing him. I doubt his credibility.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
anyone notice that? I've never heard Nibiru or the Anunnaki ever mentioned in a movie, I wonder why..

They are mentioned in the 4th Kind, well the Annunaki are, not Nibiru...

Interesting though, you would think that sci-fi writers would have a field day with these topics...
edit on 25-4-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000
Because Hollywood might not want that type of information to get out to the sheeple, it might cause the people to research things they dont understand for themselves, instead of just being told what it is.

Cows don't fight over grass thats what my grandad used to say.

They don't talk about them for the same reason the Smithsonian, doesn't tell us about the giants in their basement.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Battlefield Earth is scientology but there are many parallels with the whole Annunaki thing. It got bad reviews but like most things that do,its awesome.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You dont do much research, do you?
If you did, you would have known Erich Von Daniken started the whole anicent astronaut theory, and not ZS, AND ZS NEVER mentioned the Mayan 2012 theory

try doing a LITTLE research next time you state something

Actually you should take your own advice, Daniken stole most of the ideas for "Chariots of the Gods" from a book called "The Morning of the Magicians" by Louis Pauwels and Jacques Bergier which was largely influenced by Lovecraft's short stories "The Call of Cthulhu" and "At the Mountains of Madness" which is where the ancient astronaut theories actually originated. Daniken was just the first to popularize them.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There have been several movies that have to do with ancient aliens similar to the Anunnaki, and several movies that have to do with planets similar to Nibiru. Hollywood just seems to shy away from actually using the these names for the most part. I don't believe it has to do with some grand conspiracy. There are also several TV shows that deal with the said subjects. And yes, most of the movies and TV shows that deal with these subjects tend to be....well...bad.

I am a big werewolf fan, yet there are very few well made werewolf movies. In fact, I have seen many films dealing with werewolves, but I can only think of 3 that are really worth watching. No conspiracy, just horrible directors.

Hollywood makes what sells. While alien movies seem to be big right now, its only the ones that have lasers and explosions that make any money. Most people want excitement, not a slow movie having to do with aliens coming for gold.

Maybe us ATSers want another 2001 one type movie, but most people want another Battle LA. Its just the way the cookie crumbles.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

So you believe in ancient sumerian gods? santa easter bunney as well

I guess you believe in some all seeing and all knowing dude in the sky. That is very realistic.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Umm, Fifth Element?

Giant evil planet, hurtling towards the Earth?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

Because they dont exist?

Neither do zombies, yet I've seen those in movies. That's an invalid point.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join