It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anunnaki or Nibiru never mentioned in movies...why?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin

Originally posted by nimsu1987
A film director called lars von trier recently made a film exclusively related to a planet hitting earth. Can't remember what it's called. Has kirstn dunst in it

edit: prevenge beat me to it. the film is called melancholia
edit on 25-4-2012 by nimsu1987 because: addition

ah yes, Lars..who then went and said something incredibly stupid and offensive re: jews and hitler, which in the industry is like wearing a sign that says "please don't hire me, ever". As far as annunaki/nibiru in movies, well, you're not gonna find studio film with major funding saying 9/11 was an inside job run by CIA and Mossad, but that's what happened..the truth of things can't ever be directly spoken, if TPTB want to maintain control. I'm reading Sitchin right now. He's not completely right, but my own experiences tell me he ain't all that far off

edit on 26-4-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

So, you have decided that 9/11 was an inside job and because you think that (and the bad guys you mention) it is a given fact. Please tell me what your experiences are that prove Sitchin was 'almost right'? Please don't ask me to do my own research, plenty of people a lot better qualified than me (and you?) have done so and pronounced he came up with a work of fiction.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I remember watching a promo trailer for a movie back in 2005.It was called "1Anunnaki".
Can't find it now as i believe it was canceled.
This video explores some reasons why it may have been canceled.

www.exohuman.com...
edit on 26-4-2012 by krossis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
anyone notice that? I've never heard Nibiru or the Anunnaki ever mentioned in a movie, I wonder why..

Because the people that finance these movies don't think it will get some $$$ back?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

anyone notice that? I've never heard Nibiru or the Anunnaki ever mentioned in a movie, I wonder why..

You mean this movie?
AnunnakiMovie.com

edit on 2012-4-26 by tomten because: added video

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
For those who seem to think Zechariah Sitchin is the only one who has successfully translated the Sumerian Cunniform language, here is some links. He is just a man who wrote a book about what he discovered.

The word " cuneiform " was first applied in 1700 by Thomas Hyde, professor of Hebrew in the university of Oxford, in the expression " dactuli pyramidales seu cuneifoimes,"

Cuneiform

The Legend of Etana

Epic of Gilgamesh

Sumerian

Cuneiform Road to Translation

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Also, its hard to find actors/actresses who average 8ft tall.

Hagrid

edit on 26-4-2012 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mosthated718bx
Hello all,
For the most part I understand that we are going to disagree with information on all areas that deal with the unknown but to have the courage to post your honest interest or questions on this site, to only be ridicule and told that your perception is false and idiotic to believe in is just unbearable to read.. A lot of the times I read the articles and research and feel like wow thats new or fake but I mostly come here for the peer to peer discussions that take place, you know the constructive ones, the ones that change your ideas, the ones that inspire research, the ones that teach you to understand the unknown is always not going to be understood at this point in time but observing its effects alone is amazing. In short there are ways of discussing subjects, even if you do not agree with said person or science without coming off as a big bully who kicks people buckets full of hope around for high fives from other members with the same understanding. Question: Does anyone know why there is such a discrepancy in the translations of the Sumerian tablets and ZS?
Thank You

I would also like to delve more into this aspect. I need to read the whole Sitchin pantheon to really make a judgement about him, but, his writing style suggests to me that he makes some connections that may not be able to be borne out with evidence, simply because we don't know enough. Not enough tablets have been uncovered. He makes a lot of educated guesses, I think. but, from what I have read, and, again, my own experiences, separate from any writings on the subject, I'm confident Sitchin has it mostly right. Still, I will keep pushing for more corroboration. Keep in mind the forces at play here also. Both sumerologist/assyriologists(sp) and religious figures have a lot at stake; If Sitchin is right, then a lot of them are wrong, so, many will fight tooth and nail against Sitchin's every word and idea.

I own one of his books and so agree with you, that he seems to make some connections that are show stoppers. If Sitchin is right then people are still going to find other ways to interpret to their liken.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike
reply to post by HomerinNC

You've seen the actual tablets? Or photos and someone's word? I can't find a single mention of either in any source but Stitchen or someone referencing him. I doubt his credibility.

Maybe this site will help.
The Atra-hasis Epic.

It have info about the Anunnaki, and pictures of the stone tablets.
Or go to British Museum in London, to see the tablet in person.

edit on 2012-4-26 by tomten because: Added more info

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Although not a movie - and neither NIBIRU or the ANUNNAKI are specifically mentioned by name, in the last episode of Dark Skies there are hints to a "10th Planet" - and there is even a clip showing the supposed trajectory of Nibiru - shown in my avatar

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimsu1987
A film director called lars von trier recently made a film exclusively related to a planet hitting earth. Can't remember what it's called. Has kirstn dunst in it

edit: prevenge beat me to it. the film is called melancholia
edit on 25-4-2012 by nimsu1987 because: addition

ah yes, Lars..who then went and said something incredibly stupid and offensive re: jews and hitler, which in the industry is like wearing a sign that says "please don't hire me, ever". As far as annunaki/nibiru in movies, well, you're not gonna find studio film with major funding saying 9/11 was an inside job run by CIA and Mossad, but that's what happened..the truth of things can't ever be directly spoken, if TPTB want to maintain control. I'm reading Sitchin right now. He's not completely right, but my own experiences tell me he ain't all that far off

OH boy. Ok.

#1. No one hires Von Trier. Von Trier hires you. Also, his joke was taken out of context. Let it go.
#2. 9/11 wasn't an inside job. Stop acting like it was.
#3. If you really want a film made about that conspiracy theory (9/11 being an inside job), then go make it. Anyone can make a film without "major funding."
#4. While you're at it, go put together a film about Nibrirurururur or Annunakibukkake and see how well it works out for you. Doubt it'll get much attention unless it's properly marketed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by dashdespatch

can you prove it?
I can prove they were mentioned in anicent Sumerian tablets

NO you can not.....you are only going on what so called scholars have said the text translates to. YOU can not read Sumerian so I doubt you can prove it without relying on so called experts who have translated it. For all we know that could have been made up to fool us for some reason....just saying. Proof require first hand knowledge.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You dont do much research, do you?
If you did, you would have known Erich Von Daniken started the whole anicent astronaut theory, and not ZS, AND ZS NEVER mentioned the Mayan 2012 theory

Its been pointed out a bunch of times in this thread, but yes people had ideas of ancient astronaut theory long before Daniken. He evolved some of the concepts I guess. wikipedia

Wikipedia isn't even a full list of people who have had those thoughts in writing.

I think with Anunnaki and Nibiru people are missing out things like V and even things like Armageddon etc ... Contemporary modern cinema likes classic three act structure and simplicity. Nibiriu doesn't sound as threatening as an X-class deathstroid and the Anunnaki is far too big a word.

The big movie scripts go through rewrite after rewrite. I could go and see if I can dig up some scripts if people are interested that have had these concepts edited out of them. If there was a conspiracy we could also look up sold scripts and see if hollywood studios are buying up Nibiru and Anunnaki scripts and shelfing them.

I think we would find though that successful scripts either have these concepts edited out, or its big like asking why we don't have major motion pictures regularly released based on the aboriginal dream time.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Regarding "1Anunnaki - the Movie" ...

There are no guarantees a finished independent film will find distribution of any kind.

It's unlikely TPTB did anything to keep 1Anunnaki from seeing the light of a projector in your local theater, or its way to your DVD player. In fact, TPTB probably don't even know this film exists.

A far more probable scenario is that the film's quality didn't merit a distributor putting its resources into getting it out there. This happens in the film industry all the time. This leaves the producer with one of two options: Distribute it yourself, or shelve it. With the barrier to entry for self-distribution being extremely high, movies like these usually get shelved.

Jon Gress, the "Writer/Director/Composer/Digital & Visual FX" artist behind 1Anunnaki has an extremely limited CV, primarily as a special effects coordinator. His 1Anunnaki website, with its listings and photos of crew members like the 2nd AD (Assistant Director), and lead make-up artist, is indicative of a production that was done on as small a budget as possible. The film has no "name" actors, not even D-listers. On FX driven sci-fi films, this doesn't bode well for commercial potential or attracting distribution.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

reply to post by dashdespatch

can you prove it?
I can prove they were mentioned in anicent Sumerian tablets

NO you can not.....you are only going on what so called scholars have said the text translates to. YOU can not read Sumerian so I doubt you can prove it without relying on so called experts who have translated it. For all we know that could have been made up to fool us for some reason....just saying. Proof require first hand knowledge.

Can you prove it doesnt?
put up or shut up

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by mysterioustranger

not really, hollywood always seems to cash in on the hot topics, like 2012, ufos, aliens etc, but theyre not touching the Anunnaki or Nibiru...

I don't understand, folks. There have been several replies in this thread that point to films referencing the Anunnaki or Nibiru. Yet many are still arguing TPTB or filmmakers don't want to make movies about them.

Also, if studios are doing movies about aliens visiting Earth, why does it matter whether they're referred as Anunnaki? If studios are doing movies about other planets hitting Earth or coming into Earth orbit (Melancholia, Another Earth), why does it matter if the planet is referred to as Nibiru?

These are not "hot topics." In fact, most people have never heard of the Anunnaki or Nibiru. Meanwhile, there's a huge percentage of the Western population who are aware of the Mayan Prophecy and who correlate it to 2012 end-of-the-world hypotheses, this is why there was a studio film about the subject.

It seems to me we've addressed the OP's question rather well. What's there to debate, then?
edit on 26-4-2012 by Exsisto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Please don't confuse this thread with facts...
They are happy to embrace their ignorance

Originally posted by Six6Six

See what I mean?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Battlefield Earth is scientology but there are many parallels with the whole Annunaki thing. It got bad reviews but like most things that do,its awesome.

Film being a subjective artistic medium; you're welcome to your opinion. On the other hand, most of us thought Battlefield Earth was a cow patty of a movie.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Exsisto

Well Jon Gress kept teasing us on the 1Annuanki yahoo group and stinging people along for years that it was really going to be released...

Then scurried under the rocks like a cockroach leaving everyone hanging. That yahoo group is still active BTW

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Mosthated718bx

Yes, we havent found a 'rosetta stone' for sumerian cuneiform

Not the least bit true.

Sumerian cuneiform can be translated through Akkadian.

Akkadians were the ones that conquered Sumer (Sargon the Great.) They adopted the Sumerian alphabet (they didn't have their own) and translated the Sumerian language into their own, which was from the Semitic language group. We can translate Semitic languages with a high degree of accuracy.

Please note that Sargon was alive in the 2300 BC era. This was before Babylon.

The Akkadians left behind not only their own translations of Sumerian literature, etc., but also dictionaries and lexicons that were meant to aid their citizens in translating from one language to the other.

So, no. The translations of Sumerian (and Akkadian/Babylonian) are quite reliable.

Harte

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I stand corrected, thank you

Zorgon, I know about the yahoo thread, i'm a member there too

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join