It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President AND Preacher Obama...can I get an Amen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is really disturbing to me.

"Can I get an Amen?"

Apparently Obama felt compelled to "pander" the crowd while speaking at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.

He was talking about extending a law keeping student loan interest rates low that was passed by President Bush.....the legislation of which, he didn’t even bother to vote for when he was Senator.

Now he’s preaching about it.
Generally I loathe threads that have videos as their subject, however this is truly a case where you just have to hear the words yourself.

For those who can't watch videos, we are discussing Obama asking the crowd "can I get an Amen?" Like he is in a full-gospel church on Sunday morning.

For those who can, thankfully the vid is only a little over a minute long.

edit on 25-4-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
He's so smitten with his templated approaches to speaking and issue framing....because everyone else seems to be.

But to me, it's nauseating.

edit on 25-4-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
Apparently Obama felt compelled to "pander" the crowd ....

No surprise. And actually I think that, not only his politics, but his religion is 'pander' as well. It seems to effortlessly glide between Christian, Muslim, Black Liberation Theology, and Athiest ... depending on his audience.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
shouldnt he be separating religion and government?

Or does that only apply when it doesnt benefit him?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

No surprise. And actually I think that, not only his politics, but his religion is 'pander' as well. It seems to effortlessly glide between Christian, Muslim, Black Liberation Theology, and Athiest ... depending on his audience.

I'll give you an "Amen" to that!!

Yes, politicians, in general, play to their crowd, however this is taking it to a whole 'nother level IMO.

I've never heard any other president or anyone running for president, for that matter, ask the crowd if he can "get an Amen"....that is just totally bizarre to me and completely inappropriate.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

lol, I know right?

He seems to avoid religiosity like the plague, yet here he is giving the impression that he grew up in a small-town, grass-roots, Southern Baptist full-gospel church.

Sorry Obama, you ain't foolin' NObody.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Spot on. I try to point this out to people in my every day life and they just look at me like I am crazy.

His lies are all over YouTube, too.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

This is really disturbing to me.

"Can I get an Amen?"

Apparently Obama felt compelled to "pander" the crowd while speaking at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.

He was talking about extending a law keeping student loan interest rates low that was passed by President Bush.....the legislation of which, he didn’t even bother to vote for when he was Senator.

Now he’s preaching about it.
Generally I loathe threads that have videos as their subject, however this is truly a case where you just have to hear the words yourself.

For those who can't watch videos, we are discussing Obama asking the crowd "can I get an Amen?" Like he is in a full-gospel church on Sunday morning.

For those who can, thankfully the vid is only a little over a minute long.

edit on 25-4-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

Here I thought he was a Muslim born in Kenya.

I wish the racist right would settle on one set of distorted talking points and stick with them instead of being all over the place on how to define this President who of course stands in their way of looting the economy all over again, and why they suffer from Obama derangement syndrome.

I want to buy mass quantities of insurances on derivatives and crash the housing market again getting away with it by having a totally unregulated market system so I can make billions off the misery of others and then blame it on the poor. Can I get an A-men on that?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Amen!!! Worst President EVER!
Another embarrassing moment spent watching Obama flapping his lips.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

You are an avid supporter and yet you are as confused about who he actually is as everyone else. That speaks volumes about our current POTUS.

He is a composite of all sorts of different people... what marketing genius!

Which one is presented depends on which crowd he is pandering to... gotta love it!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

You are an avid supporter and yet you are as confused about who he actually is as everyone else. That speaks volumes about our current POTUS.

He is a composite of all sorts of different people... what marketing genius!

Which one is presented depends on which crowd he is pandering to... gotta love it!

You are projecting Mitt Romney's PR issues onto the president. Are you conscious of what you are doing? I'm just curious if you are because I've noticed that a lot use candidate projection and don't seem to be aware of what they are doing in that regard. From right wing talking point drones to their propaganda victims who have allowed their minds to be hijacked by marginally literate extreme Republican establishment media Max Headroom-s.

If not you should be aware that Karl Rove masterminded the political media tactic of going after an opponents strengths, and at the same time projecting your candidate's weaknesses onto his or her opponent's public perception/s.

Does that sound like a political perception media tactic you may have been seduced into falling for without you even realizing it?

Be honest and truthful now...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

I wasn't aware that his speech was a form of governing.

Please elaborate how seperation of church and state has anything to do with this?
By your logic, only atheists need apply for the job of POTUS.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
an amen?
like Amenhotep?
Or Idi Amen?

or Amen Ra?
edit on 22-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

He said the average student loan debt is 25,000 dollars? What a load of crap. Try 40,000 to 60,000 in debt at least as a graduation average. It was probably 25,000 in 1980 but inflation has increased a ton since then and so has the costs of going to school.
edit on 4-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join