It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle of Gallipoli april 25th 1915 Amphibious assault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i wanted to start this thread in remembrance of all those who died on this day in 1915 as i feel it is very important to show respect for the fallen be they friendly or enemy troops.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them.

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Heres a factual but strange story that is about a certain British Regiment that was seen marching into battle......But somehow dissapeared?
The entire regiment was never seen again,................... not a soul.......................

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Heres a factual but strange story that is about a certain British Regiment that was seen marching into battle......But somehow dissapeared?
The entire regiment was never seen again,................... not a soul.......................

and what regiment was that? or is it a secret

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If i remembered the damn regiments name id have told ya....do not derail the thread.(google is your friend.....
avoid asking silly questions)
They were seen marching into a foggy kind of cloud, which when it lifted, they were just not where they should have been.....
After reading hundreds if not thousands of books in my life, the details tend to blur down into the nub of the info.....extras are hard to drag out after a certain period, which is entirely related to the shock of the info.....
The Gallipoli battle was an epic SNAFU......
Sometime i think the entire higher command structure of this civilisation is entirely mad.....other time i KNOW they are!
Good men die for these maniacs....................!
It takes brave men to face withering hostile fire.....but it takes deranged men to order them to do so.......
It occurs to me that its not the leaders that will save the world, but its the common sense of the little man that will refuse the commands from on high.......
If someone yells "Foreward!"
Our reply should always be........ "You First!....................ooops now im off topic!

en.wikipedia.org...

A simple read of this file will show how this campaign illustrates the incompetance of most of our
"leerless feeders....."
edit on 26-4-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
If i remembered the damn regiments name id have told ya....do not derail the thread.(google is your friend.....
avoid asking silly questions)
They were seen marching into a foggy kind of cloud, which when it lifted, they were just not where they should have been.....
After reading hundreds if not thousands of books in my life, the details tend to blur down into the nub of the info.....extras are hard to drag out after a certain period, which is entirely related to the shock of the info.....
The Gallipoli battle was an epic SNAFU......
Sometime i think the entire higher command structure of this civilisation is entirely mad.....other time i KNOW they are!
Good men die for these maniacs....................!
It takes brave men to face withering hostile fire.....but it takes deranged men to order them to do so.......
It occurs to me that its not the leaders that will save the world, but its the common sense of the little man that will refuse the commands from on high.......
If someone yells "Foreward!"
Our reply should always be........ "You First!....................ooops now im off topic!

en.wikipedia.org...

A simple read of this file will show how this campaign illustrates the incompetance of most of our
"leerless feeders....."
edit on 26-4-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

i have no need to read the file. i was raised in a military background and have read up on military history

yes the campaign was a failure however men died attempting to execute the orders of others and i am merely paying my respects to them

new topics

top topics

join