It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object in Lasco picture....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Probably nothing unusual, and something which has a perfectly rational explanation, but what is that explanation?

It doesn't appear to be the usual lense anomolies which we get all day long, and does seem to be an actual "something" in the picture. Is it another satellite?

Answers on a postcard to....ME!
edit on 25/4/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Was it only there for 1 frame?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Doesn't look like your average imaging artifact does it?
Hmmm,could it be space junk of some kind?

If it is a real object,I wonder how big it is,and how close to the sun it is.

Very odd.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This artefact precedes a flare.

Go here:

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

select Lasco c2

Use dates 2012-04-23 - 2012-04-24

PS you will also see the comet hitting the sun that I have been talking about in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stop movie around 6 am and step through and you will see your artefact as flare occurs.

Cant find any data on flare though.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Not sure what that could be...

Your thread made me check out the SOHO site. I just had a look at the latest image from Lasco C2 and found these two.

Anyone know why they pixelated* this out? *(spelling?)

Is this normal?

and

Ok, couldn't get the pictures to copy and paste for some reason. Here are the links to the pics.

The second picture is from Lasco C3

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ufo

Originally posted by TheMindWar
www.dailymail.co.uk... sun.html

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's a cosmic ray hit, similar hits have been seen in previous LASCO images.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nah, nothing like a fibre on the scope's glass it must have been the fleet of evil reptilian aliens the angels of Nibiru, leaders of the invasion, producers of the strange sound around the world and every earhquake even the ones your cat's flea cannot feel but wait they lead to poles shift and plate movement which leads to volcano eruptions and

then PREPARE FOR THE DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but no

honestly just a fibre. I work with cameras and it looks just like one.
cheers.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
It's a cosmic ray hit, similar hits have been seen in previous LASCO images.

good call.

Looks pretty much identicle, case solved. Thank you

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ill join the conversation over here. Post from other thread: Link

Dear God... Out of all the things I've seen on LASCO, this is one of the least suspicious. I cannot believe this is getting so much 'coverage' from Youtube, Livescience, theblaze... well, maybe I can believe that.
Anyway, as you watch the data archive player, you will see just how much 'stuff' is floating around up there... And its all moving pretty fast (nothing to slow it down, inertia, etc). As far as I can tell, this is not One defined craft. So let me offer two alternative possibilities:
1. Two small rocks colliding close to the camera. I see one converging collision point, with multiple entrance/exit trajectories, which could have been captured at the moment of impact.
2. One rock could have collided with the protective barrier (i imagine there is one) in front of the camera. The rock broke apart, and resulting ballistic pattern is seen, which could have been captured at the moment of impact.

Sorry, there's nothing in this one for me...

^^^ Yea, what Goretex said ^^^
Remember about a month ago, when there was that huge solar flare. Well, if you were watching SOHO at that time, you would have seen the intense increase in solar wind / ejecta / whatever else comes with cosmic rays. The LASCO picture was clouded up with junk for about 36 hours.

In order to 'identify' a UFO on LASCO, show me something that moves intelligently, or is clearly a manufactured. For example, I have always found this one interesting: NASA caught doctoring
edit on 26-4-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join