It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sum up your belief in God in one quote.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

all is one. The degree in which you are aware of this determines your so-called greatness. In reality, though, you cannot be greater because all is one. Superiority is an illusion of relative perception.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
evil is knowingly defying God
edit on 26-4-2012 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

All God did was create a world of life. He gave no commands. He gave us mental tendencies. God is the creator. God is not a human daddy. God created us and created us so that we were likely to behave in a certain way. But free will was given within the limitations of our individual forms and thus no command issued. The evil was not that we defied a command. The evil was that we didn't trust what had been created for us. We don't trust each other.

Acceptance is the key to life.

I'm curious to know of the source for your information. You say that acceptance is the key to life, then you go on to reject God's commands?

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments." -John 14:15

Ecclesiastes 7:29 -But I did find this: God created people to be virtuous, but they have each turned to follow their own downward path."

Matthew 12:12 -"And how much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Yes, the law permits a person to do good on the Sabbath."

According to what Jesus said about the law in Matthew 12:12, what have people learned? Well many of them haven't learned a thing about it, why? Because they don't care for the words of Jesus. Jesus never did say that "we are no longer under the law" as Paul did, he said, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law." Jesus said, heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass away.

We don't trust eachother because we were not made to.

Proverbs 3:5 -Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
(If I am not to depend on my own understanding, how much less am I to depend on your understanding, neither am I to expect anyone to believe what I say if they wouldn't even believe Jesus.)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
evil is knowingly defying God
edit on 26-4-2012 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

All God did was create a world of life. He gave no commands. He gave us mental tendencies. God is the creator. God is not a human daddy. God created us and created us so that we were likely to behave in a certain way. But free will was given within the limitations of our individual forms and thus no command issued. The evil was not that we defied a command. The evil was that we didn't trust what had been created for us. We don't trust each other.

Acceptance is the key to life.

I'm curious to know of the source for your information. You say that acceptance is the key to life, then you go on to reject God's commands?

The source of my information is logical deduction through life experience and extensive contemplation. Is that not enough for you? Should I stop my own quest for truth and assume a book has all the answers instead? I can't believe you would believe something that tells you not to trust your own understanding. That's about the dumbest crap I've ever heard. The only command God, my maker, ever gave me was, "Thou shalt be human".

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
My dog, he gives me unconditional love no matter how badly I screw up.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The source of my information is logical deduction through life experience and extensive contemplation. Is that not enough for you? Should I stop my own quest for truth and assume a book has all the answers instead? I can't believe you would believe something that tells you not to trust your own understanding. That's about the dumbest crap I've ever heard. The only command God, my maker, ever gave me was, "Thou shalt be human".

The book can do nothing for you if you don't understand it.

John 16:13 -When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

The Holy Spirit of truth does not come of his own accord, Jesus sends him and he will not speak on his own behalf.
The Spirit of truth guides into all truth. This is like you said, logical deduction, process of elimination, truth eliminating lies. The whole truth is not given to us in a lump sum, we grow accustomed to it. That is why God tells us not to rely on our own understanding, because it is not complete.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idahomie
My dog, he gives me unconditional love no matter how badly I screw up.

I second that! I have two. Best friends EVER.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EternalFire
What is "God"? It's just a name because human label EVERYTHING!!.. Proof of God?. Life itself. How to meet God? Once you realize that you are no different from the soil beneath your feet or the stars in the midnight sky.. only then will you have met God... for he/she/it/ect.. is no greater than you.

We are all capable of anything we put our minds to.. there is not limit to our potential as human beings.. Only one who believes there is limits will be the one who is limited. There will be heaven on earth.. once we all realize we are a part of this greatness.

Names and labels matter to God, who is a distinguisher, a discerner, a divider who also adds, subtracts, and multiplies. He is the ultimate mathmatician who knows the very number of hairs on our head.
Would you please explain how your statement is true, the one that says: "You are no different than the soil beneath your feet and the stars in the midnight sky.."

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man's nostrils, and the man became a living person.
(From scripture we can see that the difference between living beings and soil is that living beings have a God given breath of life in them.)

John 3:12 -But if you don't believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?

Job 7:17-18 -"What are people, that you should make so much of us, that you should think of us so often? For you examine us every morning and test us every moment."

Matthew 10:31 -So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

You say that God is no greater than we are. I disagree.

John 13:16 -"I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him."

Luke 11:31 -"The queen of Sheba will stand up against this generation on judgment day and condemn it, for she came from a distant land to hear the wisdom of Solomon. Now someone greater than Solomon is here--but you refuse to listen."

Matthew 12:41 -"The people of Nineveh will stand up against this generation on judgment day and condemn it, for they repented of their sins at the preaching of Jonah. Now someone greater than Jonah is here--but you refuse to repent."

Jonah 3:5 The Ninevites believed God. They declared a fast, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth.

Your understanding of God is different then my understanding of God. To you it should not matter what I believe in.. I don't "believe" in God.. I "know" God. My belief allows me to understand that regardless of what another's understanding of God is.. It will slightly be different for many but we all share the same thing.. and that is faith. When you question another's belief of something so mighty.. you will only cause that individual to defend his belief. I do not defend my belief because defending a belief that only "I" believe in not everyone will agree or understand. I for one understand that you believe in something and will not judge you nor will I question your belief.

So you ask me the question if my statement is true? Well.. It is truth to me.. and that is the only thing that matters to myself.. as well as your truth belongs to you and that is what matters to yourself.

I will not question you.. but if you question me.. I will gladly respond to anything you have to say.

edit on 26-4-2012 by EternalFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The book can do nothing for you if you don't understand it.

You honestly have no right and no authority to presume what I do and do not understand because you don't know me and what I know. But I'll tell you this, if you don't know that all is one, you don't know God. If you think God cares about the religion you practice, you don't know God. If you believe in an invisible dogmatic daddy in the sky, you don't know God.

Trust me when I tell you, that which you refer to as "The Holy Spirit" is strong in me. It also does not care if I believe that Jesus Christ ever existed or not, for that's not what is important. The important thing is, do you practice the values that he came here to teach? You don't have to believe in Jesus to believe in what he taught. You don't have to believe he existed to be saved. If you don't see that, it is you who doesn't understand. I promise.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The One who was and is and is to come.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The source of my information --is logical deduction through life experience and extensive contemplation. Is that not enough for you?

I am NOT going to bother asking where is that in the Bible... I DO recall seeing something about FAITH though. WHERE are you getting this? SERIOUSLY... Is there some new age Bible that says "It is impossible to please God without logical deduction"?

"Abraham believed God; and he counted it to him as righteousness"

I can't believe you would believe something that tells you not to trust your own understanding.

Time to rethink the "dumbest crap you've ever heard". "I can't believe?" Yes you CAN believe, the question is WILL you?

You honestly have no right and no authority to presume what I do and do not understand because you don't know me and what I know.

This is where your "no right and no authority" is taking you:

"The ground split apart under them, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up"
"A fire came out from the Lord and consumed the two hundred and fifty men."

That some "thing" is actually a some ONE who just so happens to have YOUR best interest at heart and knows you better than you know yourself. Of course that is if you happen to believe that this "something" did in fact actually create you and everything else.

That's about the dumbest crap I've ever heard. The only command God, my maker, ever gave me was, "Thou shalt be human".

Change that "M" to an "F" (faker) and I'll believe you... NO, THIS is actually the dumbest crap you've ever heard: "Thou shalt be human". Time to fire your God... PLEASE tell me you are kidding?

Should I stop my own quest for truth and assume a book has all the answers instead?

Do you want the TRUTH? I am SERIOUS, do you WANT it?! How BADLY do you want it? Your "quest for truth" is taking you to a place you had best avoid, it's time to rethink WHERE that quest is taking you.

It also does not care if I believe that Jesus Christ ever existed or not, for that's not what is important.

"IT" is a HE and he DOES care, if I were your teacher I would be tempted to have you stay after class and write 2nd John 7 100 times because your "God" has you by the THROAT:

1st John 4:1 is written: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they be of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world".

Verse 2; "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:"

Verse 3; "And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is in the world".

2nd John, verse 7; "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

"Trust me when I tell you, that which you refer to as "The Holy Spirit" is strong in me." "You don't have to believe he existed to be saved. I promise."

Um NO...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

He is Holy , righteous, just and true. He is my Redeemer, Savior, Counselor, Guide and Fortress! He is a Triune God , the Creator of all, the Alpha/Omega , Omnipotent, ever present , and all knowing.. He is very patient, loving , forgiving, compassionate, and sO full of mercy, grace and pardon. Praise His Holy Name! He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother and will never leave nor forsake His own. (Praise the Lord Jesus, we do not have to walk alone. )

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

"Trust me when I tell you, that which you refer to as "The Holy Spirit" is strong in me." "You don't have to believe he existed to be saved. I promise."

Um NO...

Oh yeah.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

That some "thing" is actually a some ONE

No its not.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

God is the creator, the only evidence we have of God and the only evidence we need is the creation. The Bible is not evidence of God. So yeah, the only thing God has ever really commanded us to do is exist as human.

Do you honestly think that out of the trillions of other possible planets with life on them that they could have heard of Jesus Christ? Do you think they are damned if they haven't? Do you think if we haven't we'd be damned? Do you think I'm damned? Or is the only thing that matters what Jesus taught? I'm going to give you two scenarios. Look at them carefully and tell me which one REALLY makes more rational sense.

1. You are saved by believing Jesus Christ has come and risen from the grave and died for your sins.

2. You are saved by practicing what Jesus taught.

Which one of those do you think a rational God would base your salvation on? Your works or your belief?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Keanu Reeves, in CONSTANTINE:

"God is a kid with an ant farm."

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

By him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, For in Him we live, and move, and have our being.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
One Quote:

Bismillâh ir-Rahmân ir-Rahîm; Qul huwa Allahu Ahad, Allahu Samad, Lam yalid wa lam yûlad wa lam yakul-la-hû kufu-wan ahad

www.youtube.com...

That has more depth of meaning that can be described in any other language. But that, is the only sentence that can truly describe my God.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I am that I am

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join