It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Sum up your belief in God in one quote.

page: 5
10
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Love, Power, Justice, and Wisdom.....
all balanced in perfect harmony.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." - C.S. Lewis


This might be the most brilliant thing I've ever heard.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EternalFire
What is "God"? It's just a name because human label EVERYTHING!!.. Proof of God?. Life itself. How to meet God? Once you realize that you are no different from the soil beneath your feet or the stars in the midnight sky.. only then will you have met God... for he/she/it/ect.. is no greater than you.

We are all capable of anything we put our minds to.. there is not limit to our potential as human beings.. Only one who believes there is limits will be the one who is limited. There will be heaven on earth.. once we all realize we are a part of this greatness.



People should really take note of this truth.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"LOOK IN A MIRROR" or even better "LOOK WITHIN"

oh sorry that was 2 qoutes. I hate sticking to the rules



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by Trolloks
"God is dead, we killed him" - Nietzsche


"Nietzsche is dead" - God



Yes. I believe God was quoted saying that in the New York Times.


At least someone is still reading the NYT.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:


Judging is a Satanic agenda that originates in the beginning of the Bible as Satan's desire for us to differentiate between good and evil in the Garden of Eden.

In other words, Jesus doesn't judge, we judge ourselves only.


Before Adam and Eve experienced sin and it's effect, they had knowledge of Good, all that they had done before this was good, and agreeable, therefore they bore good fruit, they thought good things.


I'm gonna cut you off here, because everything else you said is a misinterpretation, and I'll tell you why. Please don't be offended, but listen instead of what I have to say because I humbly come to teach what I know to be fact.

Trust me, God, the almighty creator, does not create evil and nothing that exists has ever been evil except for our belief that the almighty creator has created imperfection. Our judgement of what has been given to us by the One and only creator is the only blasphemy man has ever truly commited. Do you not see how disrespectful it is to your God to mentally debase in your mind what God has given you by putting such relative labels on things such as the label "evil"? God literally said, "Here you go", and you said, "This is bad".

Before "Satan" came into the "Garden of Eden", you're right, it was all good. Everything was good. But nothing was different then than it is now. It was still the same Earth in the same Universe. The only thing that has changed is we, humans, began to differentiate creation. We began to judge and differentiate, according to our own infinitely relative egotistical opinions, what we, with our limited perceptions and foolish minds, wanted to consider good that God created and bad what God created.

Don't you see that anything relative is ultimately not true? In believing a lie, you are deceived. Don't you see Satan, the deceiver, is winning? It was Satan that came in the garden of eden teaching us how to see evil. Evil has always just been a relative belief. There's nothing true about it.

We are the observers. We are the part of the universe that gets to tell the universe what it is. How much longer is human kind going to continue to disrespect the only thing we have ever known? How much longer are we going to tell this thing that made us that it is not good at what it does? How much longer are we going to be afraid of the truth?

You want to defeat that which you call "Satan" once and for all? Learn how to accept all because there is only one creator and everything that you have ever known was created by that creator. Accept all.



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:


Judging is a Satanic agenda that originates in the beginning of the Bible as Satan's desire for us to differentiate between good and evil in the Garden of Eden.

In other words, Jesus doesn't judge, we judge ourselves only.


Before Adam and Eve experienced sin and it's effect, they had knowledge of Good, all that they had done before this was good, and agreeable, therefore they bore good fruit, they thought good things.


I'm gonna cut you off here, because everything else you said is a misinterpretation, and I'll tell you why. Please don't be offended, but listen instead of what I have to say because I humbly come to teach what I know to be fact.

Trust me, God, the almighty creator, does not create evil and nothing that exists has ever been evil except for our belief that the almighty creator has created imperfection. Our judgement of what has been given to us by the One and only creator is the only blasphemy man has ever truly commited. Do you not see how disrespectful it is to your God to mentally debase in your mind what God has given you by putting such relative labels on things such as the label "evil"? God literally said, "Here you go", and you said, "This is bad".

Before "Satan" came into the "Garden of Eden", you're right, it was all good. Everything was good. But nothing was different then than it is now. It was still the same Earth in the same Universe. The only thing that has changed is we, humans, began to differentiate creation. We began to judge and differentiate, according to our own infinitely relative egotistical opinions, what we, with our limited perceptions and foolish minds, wanted to consider good that God created and bad what God created.

Don't you see that anything relative is ultimately not true? In believing a lie, you are deceived. Don't you see Satan, the deceiver, is winning? It was Satan that came in the garden of eden teaching us how to see evil. Evil has always just been a relative belief. There's nothing true about it.

We are the observers. We are the part of the universe that gets to tell the universe what it is. How much longer is human kind going to continue to disrespect the only thing we have ever known? How much longer are we going to tell this thing that made us that it is not good at what it does? How much longer are we going to be afraid of the truth?

You want to defeat that which you call "Satan" once and for all? Learn how to accept all because there is only one creator and everything that you have ever known was created by that creator. Accept all.

Never forget: It's all good. Peace.
edit on 25-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
god is real, all else is unreal


You got that right.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
YES



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
We are sparks in the fire of the creator.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

[SIZE=4]If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshiped. Evelyn Underhill
[/SIZE]



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
reply to post by ofNight
 


The idea that an individual can find God is terribly self-centered. It is like a wave thinking it can find the sea.
John Templeton

The atheist can't find God for the same reason that a thief can't find a policeman...



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
'*Bismillah hirRahman nirRahim*'
[In the name of Allah most Gracious Most Merciful]




posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
'*Bismillah hirRahman nirRahim*'
[In the name of Allah most Gracious Most Merciful]




posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:


Judging is a Satanic agenda that originates in the beginning of the Bible as Satan's desire for us to differentiate between good and evil in the Garden of Eden.

In other words, Jesus doesn't judge, we judge ourselves only.


Before Adam and Eve experienced sin and it's effect, they had knowledge of Good, all that they had done before this was good, and agreeable, therefore they bore good fruit, they thought good things.


I'm gonna cut you off here, because everything else you said is a misinterpretation, and I'll tell you why. Please don't be offended, but listen instead of what I have to say because I humbly come to teach what I know to be fact.

Trust me, God, the almighty creator, does not create evil and nothing that exists has ever been evil except for our belief that the almighty creator has created imperfection. Our judgement of what has been given to us by the One and only creator is the only blasphemy man has ever truly commited. Do you not see how disrespectful it is to your God to mentally debase in your mind what God has given you by putting such relative labels on things such as the label "evil"? God literally said, "Here you go", and you said, "This is bad".

Before "Satan" came into the "Garden of Eden", you're right, it was all good. Everything was good. But nothing was different then than it is now. It was still the same Earth in the same Universe. The only thing that has changed is we, humans, began to differentiate creation. We began to judge and differentiate, according to our own infinitely relative egotistical opinions, what we, with our limited perceptions and foolish minds, wanted to consider good that God created and bad what God created.

Don't you see that anything relative is ultimately not true? In believing a lie, you are deceived. Don't you see Satan, the deceiver, is winning? It was Satan that came in the garden of eden teaching us how to see evil. Evil has always just been a relative belief. There's nothing true about it.

We are the observers. We are the part of the universe that gets to tell the universe what it is. How much longer is human kind going to continue to disrespect the only thing we have ever known? How much longer are we going to tell this thing that made us that it is not good at what it does? How much longer are we going to be afraid of the truth?

You want to defeat that which you call "Satan" once and for all? Learn how to accept all because there is only one creator and everything that you have ever known was created by that creator. Accept all.

Never forget: It's all good. Peace.
edit on 25-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)


evil is knowingly defying God
edit on 26-4-2012 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
evil is knowingly defying God
edit on 26-4-2012 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)


All God did was create a world of life. He gave no commands. He gave us mental tendencies. God is the creator. God is not a human daddy. God created us and created us so that we were likely to behave in a certain way. But free will was given within the limitations of our individual forms and thus no command issued. The evil was not that we defied a command. The evil was that we didn't trust what had been created for us. We don't trust each other.

Acceptance is the key to life.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
accepting things will go so far but believing will go farther



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EternalFire
What is "God"? It's just a name because human label EVERYTHING!!.. Proof of God?. Life itself. How to meet God? Once you realize that you are no different from the soil beneath your feet or the stars in the midnight sky.. only then will you have met God... for he/she/it/ect.. is no greater than you.

We are all capable of anything we put our minds to.. there is not limit to our potential as human beings.. Only one who believes there is limits will be the one who is limited. There will be heaven on earth.. once we all realize we are a part of this greatness.



Names and labels matter to God, who is a distinguisher, a discerner, a divider who also adds, subtracts, and multiplies. He is the ultimate mathmatician who knows the very number of hairs on our head.
Would you please explain how your statement is true, the one that says: "You are no different than the soil beneath your feet and the stars in the midnight sky.."

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man's nostrils, and the man became a living person.
(From scripture we can see that the difference between living beings and soil is that living beings have a God given breath of life in them.)

John 3:12 -But if you don't believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things?

Job 7:17-18 -"What are people, that you should make so much of us, that you should think of us so often? For you examine us every morning and test us every moment."

Matthew 10:31 -So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

You say that God is no greater than we are. I disagree.

John 13:16 -"I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him."

Luke 11:31 -"The queen of Sheba will stand up against this generation on judgment day and condemn it, for she came from a distant land to hear the wisdom of Solomon. Now someone greater than Solomon is here--but you refuse to listen."

Matthew 12:41 -"The people of Nineveh will stand up against this generation on judgment day and condemn it, for they repented of their sins at the preaching of Jonah. Now someone greater than Jonah is here--but you refuse to repent."

Jonah 3:5 The Ninevites believed God. They declared a fast, and all of them, from the greatest to the least, put on sackcloth.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   


i guess my 'single quote' is "...because there never was no god"
though it is perhaps reliant on some context
hence an entire song for the betterment of the ears of you and yours.

ets; i have been waiting for a decent opportunity to post this song for what feels like several epochs of man.
thank you, OP, for giving me the chance without looking like some Troll General.
edit on 26-4-2012 by decepticonLaura because: singing glory hallelujah won't wash my sins away



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
accepting things will go so far but believing will go farther


Believing is another word for wishful thinking and pretending. What is is what is. What is is truth. It can be seen. It can be felt. What is believed may or may not be, you're taking a risk. There is no risk in the truth. The truth will set you free. God is not invisible. God is truth. God is what is. You can see truth and you can feel truth. But by believing, you risk believing a lie and may miss out on the truth. We have evidence for God in God's creation. We don't need beliefs. All we need to do is look in the mirror.

Once the truth is seen, it becomes known that there's more of it to be had than we are accustom to, but the only way to get it is to learn how to be with and see more of what is right in front of you. God is not invisible.



new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join