It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sum up your belief in God in one quote.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
God is in the sadness and the laughter, in the bitter and the sweet. There is a divine purpose behind everything — and therefore a divine presence in everything. -Neale Donald Walsch

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

In other words, my belief in god is nonexistent.
It, however, is fine by me if other people want to believe, just keep it to yourself, please
edit on 25-4-2012 by Crakeur because: removed image and edited a bit of text to avoid confusing refrence to the removed image

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:
Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:
The third day he rose again from the dead:
He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:
I believe in the Holy Ghost:
I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:
The forgiveness of sins:
The resurrection of the body:
And the life everlasting. Amen.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
To me it seems likely that ours is not a wholly materialistic universe and in that light a creator is more likely than an unexplained spontaneous creation

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Last time I checked, the catholic church wasn't holy and definitely not saints. Ask little billy who knelt down to pray at the altar and got more than he asked for.
edit on 25-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Judging is a Satanic agenda that originates in the beginning of the Bible as Satan's desire for us to differentiate between good and evil in the Garden of Eden.

In other words, Jesus doesn't judge, we judge ourselves only.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

"GOD" is not any single thing, "GOD" is everything everywhere always. The word seems so unworthy of the truth that is.

I mean seriously we use the word "Australopithecus" to describe a possible link in human evolution, and the almighty creator, the beginning and the end of all things gets just 3 letters.......even the best quote ever thought of will be redundant when using something as barbarous as the human language or the ineptitude of the human mind.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
My belief in God is that God does not care what religion you practice.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Yeah, cus yourself is gonna help so much when you're dying or about to die......

Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by The X

Yeah, cus yourself is gonna help so much when you're dying or about to die......

Brilliant.

lol. I think the x was saying that yourself is the one you fear.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
"God is dead, we killed him" - Nietzsche

Nietzsche rejected logic as an absurdity "invented by man". I suggest not listening to anything he said,.. seriously.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You mean taking life lessons from a guy who went completely bat# insane the last years of his life is not recommended?!?!

Nooooo, I would've never thought!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

You mean taking life lessons from a guy who went completely bat# insane the last years of his life is not recommended?!?!

Nooooo, I would've never thought!

I just chuckle when people claim to be logical then quote from a guy that rejected logic himself, saying it was an invention of man.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." - C.S. Lewis

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight
Here's mine:

"The concept of God is far greater than human understanding; to try to explain the entirety of God to a human is like trying to teach a cockroach arithmetic."

edit on 25-4-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

When I read the title of this thread, I thought to myself that what can be known of God is so much more than that which can be put into a quote, but I can try.

"In the world, the best source for knowledge of God is the denouement of the living Holy Bible."

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Ok, so i shouldn't quote Nietzsche? I am a fan of his, i am a grad philosophy student, and yes he has a point when it comes to logic being man made, much like the ideal of God being man made, God was made because it fitted with the logic of the makers of God at that time. They couldn't explaine certain things, so they assume, by their logic, that a supreme being/divine being created it, or is responsible for it, and so on.

Just remember where logic has got us in the past. Sacrifices, for an example, were done because the people believed, by their logic, that their God was unhappy with them, and to solve this, by their logic, slaughtering a peasent would please the God, thus creating rainfall.

Logic is man made, Logic is dangerous and logic should always be questioned. After all, it's only logical.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Trolloks because: speeling error

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:
And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:
Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:
The third day he rose again from the dead:
He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
I believe in the Holy Ghost:
The forgiveness of sins:
The resurrection of the body:
And the life everlasting. Amen.

I believe everything you've said, except the bit about the Catholic Church. I don't know enough about the Catholic Church to believe in it. Neither do I consider myself a Christian for just about the same reason I don't believe the Catholic Church. I do know that God has spared my life on more than one occasion, the most profound time being when I drowned as a child of about 9 or 10, during a four day summer Bible camp. Pardon me for not remembering exactly which year, I just remember telling my dad about it after I came back from that the next year I wanted to go back so I asked my dad and he said he didn't want me to go I put up my arguement then asked him why, he said, "You might get hurt......YOU MIGHT DROWN!" My mind processed what he said with the memory of what happened and in my defense, I said, "But...I WAS SAVED!" God is Good, the bible says that God devises ways for us that we might achieve everlasting life.

2 Samuel 14:14 -All of us must die eventually. Our lives are like water spilled out on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. But God does not just sweep life away; instead, he devises ways to bring us back when we have been separated from him.

God wants us to separate from the world and conform to his standards. When one door shuts another one opens. God sent his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes what is true has eternal life. There are many things which are true, when people are relying on half truths and misunderstandings, the outcome is deception.

God, the Garderner, says that He is the Vine and we are the Branches, anyone who does not bear good fruit will be chopped off and thrown into the fire where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus, Truth, came to teach, he didn't come to merely silently know all things, he came to act on that which he knows to be true. To merely know what God wants and not act upon it comes from a life that reaps carnal/temorary satisfaction. I mean look at the book of Jonah. Because of that, many people assure that he SUFFERED for the things he said and that those who believe in what he said are subject also to derision. To those who decide to live by the truth, as they grow in the knowledge of what is true, they accept the truth and then grow further. Jesus sends the Holy Spirit, the Counselor of Truth, to GUIDE US INTO all Truth.

John 16:7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--

God kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden because they had knowledge of good and evil. Now, having a knowledge of good and evil does not make one evil, God knew the difference between good and evil when he found evil in Lucifer did and he cast Lucifer and those who agreed with him out of heaven. It wasn't the fact that Adam and Eve had knowledge of Good. It was because Adam and Eve's action agreed with the Serpent's. Because there was now knowledge of God (God is Good) AND choice to obey or disobey MIXED IN with the WILL to disobey God, and instead rather believe that which the Serpent (The father of all lies) says, knowing that the if blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch, the deciever and the decieved. Jesus said that wisdom is shown by her children, that is, by the Good results, the good fruit of that which is capable of behaving according to what one knows to be right, a person of good conscience. Adam and Eve saw that they were naked and they were ashamed.

John 16:8 -And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God's righteousness, and of the coming judgment.

The bible says that there is a time when intervention will cease.

Genesis 6:3 -Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."

David of the Bible vowed that he would not give rest to his eyes nor touch his bed until he was abiding in Truth, it is said that David was a man after God's own heart.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: to add.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Isaiah 52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

Only way we could make a statement is by scripture. Without it where would we be.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

"Be certain in the religion of love - there are no believers or unbelievers. Love embraces all." Rumi

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"Nothing Lasts...But Nothing is Lost" - William Blake

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join