It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sum up your belief in God in one quote.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here's mine:

"The concept of God is far greater than human understanding; to try to explain the entirety of God to a human is like trying to teach a cockroach arithmetic."

edit on 25-4-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
No blind faith.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
"Just a small town girl.. livin in her lonely worrrrlddd..."

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
God cannot be defined. If god were able to be defined, he would not be god. To best sum up god, one must sum up themselves. We ourselves are but a reflection of god, just as our shadow is a reflection of us. It is us, yet, not us.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

Psalm 27:1

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The Force will be with you, always.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Our mind and soul is the true image of God.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"God is dead, we killed him" - Nietzsche

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"God / Religion was created (in written form) to give the MASSES something to BELIEVE IN because MOST, DO NOT believe in themselves and REQUIRE the guidance of OTHERS"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My wife and I built a dog house that looked funny and then this beautiful creature came into our lives called a child ...peace

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
"God is dead, we killed him" - Nietzsche

Ha! An overmensch.

I second that.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
God exists outside of our desire to believe or not believe in him and our need to discuss, write and argue about who he is, what he wants from us, and what his capabilities are.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
"God is only for the dead. Is there anyone who cares to answer our prayers?"

While I believe in the Christian God, I feel like he doesn't influence our lives much here on earth. I feel like we are pretty much on our own. Years of what seems like constant prayer about certain things in my life that have not changed kinda pushed my beliefs in that direction. YOU have to make your life the way you want it. I was brought up on this extremely naive notion that God plans your life and you have to figure out what his will is and do that. Well... I spent my earlier 20's going every direction possible to figure all that out and I always "seemed" to be wrong. So now I just do.
So maybe we see God when we die. Maybe not. Maybe we will never see him as some people imagine him to be. I don't feel him, I don't see him... but oddly... I still have faith he exists.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Dissonance removed by cycles of light, until harmony interrupts harmony in the true found voice of the universal mind.

(from a poem i wrote).

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
"When you wish upon a star...makes no difference who you are"....

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
"If I am wrong, no harm done. But if you are wrong..."

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
strong with no doubt

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

"My whole life has been guided by the principle of Plato's Socrates: Follow the evidence, wherever it leads... A super-intelligence is the only good explanation for the origin of life and the complexity of nature."

Anthony Flew

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

Psalm 27:1

Hahaha, in many cases the answer to that should be "Yourself".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple: the philosophy is kindness."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join