It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Electoral System (except Ron Paul) Wallowing in Sea of Money, Idiocy and Corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is an interesting discussion with Robert McChesney on the dysfunctional electoral system in the U.S. in which the winner of "Free Elections" are increasingly decided by who has the means to "Buy and Pay" for the results.

The fundamental angle focused on in this discussion is the role that media corporations have in encouraging this behavior, as, in the end, they are the ultimate beneficiaries of all the campaign donations in the form of advertising revenue.

It comes to no surprise to most of us here on ATS, that mainstream journalism, especially political journalism, has become nothing more than a joke. In fact, as Mr. McChesney describes it, the only discussions we hear on mainstream outlets is an analysis of how well the advertising campaign is influencing poll results, shying away from any real issues of substance.

Of course, this is all by design, as it is a form of self-promotion to sell more and more political advertising!

At +/- 8:00 into the interview, the issue of why Ron Paul has been ignored by the mainstream media is discussed. In a nutshell, he just doesn't fit the mold that the establishment desires. Because he insists on bringing up real and important issues to the electorate, he is not playing the game by their rules, and should therefore be given the least amount of coverage possible.

Anyhow, a very interesting discussion on a crucial topic... one I'm sure my fellow ATSers will enjoy.

the Billmeister

edit on 25-4-2012 by Billmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How do you know Ron Paul is not part of this corruption? Because he says hes not???? Yeah he could be just as bad... In fact he could be paid by the CIA in order to split the republican vote! It happened before with Ross Perot... think about it

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

The fact that he deflects questions about sex scandals, candidate hair-do's, dogs and/or dog meat... etc. to concentrate and topics such as eliminating the CIA, reducing the role of the U.S. in foreign involvement, the Fed, corruption at all levels... etc. Leads me to logically deduce that he is NOT a CIA plant. In fact, his message is just as popular among many who have traditionally voted democrat as well.

Let's face it, he will likely not win the Republican nomination and have to run as an independent, in which case he will be a threat to BOTH traditional establishment parties.

Of course, if I put my tinfoil hat on really, really tight, that is not entirely impossible. (But then again, the amount of oxygen making it to my brain is somewhat reduced as well.)

That said, I do not agree entirely on where Dr. Paul stands with certain issues, but I still maintain that his message is extremely important and should be debated.

the Billmeister

join