It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWT Drops Out Of The White House Race...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Washington (CNN) – Newt Gingrich will officially end his bid for the Republican presidential nomination and formally express his support for Mitt Romney next week, two sources close to Gingrich tell CNN.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Wow, who was funding/supporting him to run this long? I'll never understand American politics I don't think.

Also, how many states left? Will Romney and Paul have any more debates one on one so the country can see who stands where?

Good luck, America!
edit on 25-4-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Finally, I was wondering when it would happen.

Now if we could just get Romney to drop out...

Althought I have to say, the coverage won't be as interesting, who else is gonna make the moon castles!
edit on 25-4-2012 by KingAtlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

lol everyone is dropping out does that mean Romney will get Newts delegates interesting twist

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I'll never understand American politics I don't think.

Dont worry. We dont either. It is a gigantic mess that doesnt appear to be fixable anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Not surprising; it was only a matter of when. This is not good news for Paul though...since he's supporting Romney doesn't that mean that his delegates go to Romney as well?

Sounds almost like someone made a deal to get on the 2012 ticket...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't think he gets his delegates, I guess it depends, but a lot of the delegates are non-committal, so they choose who they support at the national convention.

So nothing will be resolved until then, and then even after that there is still the general election, with a potential Ron Paul independent run.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I believe Newt will have to 'release' his delegates and then they will be free to vote for anyone they please.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

lol everyone is dropping out does that mean Romney will get Newts delegates interesting twist

No.

Most reports are stating Paul will get most of Santorums!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
misleading thread title.

hasn't happened yet.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Newt has been done, when is ron paul
dropping out>? Romney will be the nominee
and beat obama. Newt was good vetting
all the skeletons in the closet.. Romney
has nothing to hide, newt looked for anything
and everything, they had a hell of a fight you can
believe that. Newt will be dropping out *officially* next tues or somewhere
around there.
edit on 25-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ha! God that must hurt after all those attack ad's that Romney ran against him.He claimed that he was only staying in to make it hard for Romney.Now he endorses? Ha! At least he is doing what is right for the good of his party.

I wonder if Ron Paul will do the same. Or will he run as an independant? Ron Paul doesnt seem to care about the greater good of the Republican Party as much as he cares about himself. He will not win the GOP,I wonder what he will do.The last time I saw him pressed on the issue on Fox News he said he "couldnt concieve of it" hmm

Will Paul run as independant and hurt his own party? Or do the right thing by his party and endorse Romney. It will be interesting to see.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Are there any debates left so Romney and Paul can go head-to-head?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

I wonder if Ron Paul will do the same. Or will he run as an independant? Ron Paul doesnt seem to care about the greater good of the Republican Party as much as he cares about himself. He will not win the GOP,I wonder what he will do.The last time I saw him pressed on the issue on Fox News he said he "couldnt concieve of it" hmm

To hell with the parties. Its that sheepish mindset that has put us in the current position we have in front of us. I am not even a huge Ron Paul fan but I would say that he probably cares more about the American people than his political party ... and thats a very good thing.
edit on 25-4-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhemRomney
has nothing to hide

No crap. It's all out in the open

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Ha! God that must hurt after all those attack ad's that Romney ran against him.He claimed that he was only staying in to make it hard for Romney.Now he endorses? Ha! At least he is doing what is right for the good of his party.

Will Paul run as independant and hurt his own party? Or do the right thing by his party and endorse Romney. It will be interesting to see.

DUUUUDDDDDEEE Come onnnnnnnnnnnn... That's such a cliche Brett Baier comment. Ron Paul cares about this country more than any democrat or republican I can think of. Too bad if he hurts the status-quo GOP. Someone has to do it or nothing will ever change.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Who gives a F$%^& about what's good for "the Party"??? The Party should be there for the good of the country, not for the good of itself. The voter shouldn't be looking out for what's good for the party, they should be looking out for who's the best for the country within a party.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Its not good to ignore criticism. Ron Paul should be up front about his intentions. He should not use the Republican Party as a vehicle for his own gain then ditch it when it has nothing left to offer. It will say alot about his character if he does ditch the Republican Party and run as Independant. It will border on dishonesty. He "cant conceive of it". Those words may come back to haunt him.

And I think Paul is the best of a bad bunch. But he is not Jesus thats for sure. We shouldnt treat him like he is.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

“I cannot conceive of it,” Paul said when asked again about running as an Independent. “I have absolutely no thoughts or plans of doing it.”

communities.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

My apologies if I came off rude to you. I was aiming more at the mindset of voting along party lines and the like. Ron Paul was simply maximizing his chances of winning. If the road to the republican party nomination is out then he should become an independent. It would then give him the best chance of winning at that point.
I will say though that claiming he is "selfish" for not endorcing a canidate that is as corrupt and unsympathetic as Romeny is a bit rude if you ask me.
edit on 25-4-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by underduck

No need to be rude. I find it sheepish to ignore criticism. Ron Paul should be up front about his intentions. He should not use the Republican Party as a vehicle for his own gain then ditch it when it has nothing left to offer. It will say alot about his character if he does ditch the Republican Party and run as Independant. It will border on dishonesty. He "cant conceive of it". Those words may come back to haunt him.

And I think Paul is the best of a bad bunch. But he is not Jesus thats for sure. We shouldnt treat him like he is.

“I cannot conceive of it,” Paul said when asked again about running as an Independent. “I have absolutely no thoughts or plans of doing it.”

communities.washingtontimes.com...

Yeah he should be good to the party who basically pretended he didnt exist and had the media black him out as well as deliberately fix caucuses.What world are you living in? Ron Is an actual republican not a crazy war dictator in sheep's clothing

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
Are there any debates left so Romney and Paul can go head-to-head?

There are no more debates scheduled.

The only way this may favor Paul is if people who were going to vote for Romney just stay home because they figure the primary is over and Romney has won it. I doubt that his going to happen...but that is the only plus coming out of this for Paul.

Judging from yesterday's primaries, most Santorum supporters have switched over to Romney and the same will go for Gingrich supporters.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join